Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I don't really like getting dressed for work. I never have. It's like getting dressed for school in a way. For work at home I wear whatever's comfortable. For the office, it's usually dress pants and a button up shirt… Or maybe a turtle-neck or a smart plain well fitting jumper or something.
Jeans on Friday for some reason…?

Just idly wondering what other duckers wore to work?

lba
lba
Posted at

When I'm at home I like to put on one of my old paint covered sweaters and a old pair of jeans. I like to be comfortable while I'm working on projects. If I have to have a meeting with a client or someone else I put on a pair of dress pants a button down shirt and a tie at the least. If I have to make a really good impression I put on a suit coat. But I usually try to avoid that if I can.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

A tie? o_O
I wore one once… When I graduated Uni with my BA.
Very uncomfortable!

lba
lba
Posted at

They're big on clean-cut, well-dressed individuals around here. Once you get used to the feeling of being constantly choked they're not so bad. Luckily for me, I spend most of my time working at home in photoshop and whatnot.

I should really log off. I spend more time on the forums than most of the admins. -_-

Posted at

On days I work from home, sometimes I'm still in my pjs come quittin' time :kitty:

Otherwise I get to wear whatever I wear normally, jeans and tshirts. I could dress up a little more but no one cares, so I don't bother.

Plus I kinda don't fit into most of my nicer clothes anymore … :(

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

I go to school, so I have the whole uniform business: blazer, jumper, tie, shirt and trousers. But of course, since I am a teenager and I must rebel against the Man, Top button not done up, tie done loosely and jumper sleeves rolled up.

Some people say my uniform looks like the one from Hogwarts. :/

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

Some people say my uniform looks like the one from Hogwarts. :/

That's because it does.

Also, as I work at McDonald's, I have to wear that blue button-up shirt and horribly-fitting black pants. D:

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Awwww, McDonald's pants… Can't you just wear a btter fitting pair? Will anyone notice? ^^

On days I work from home, sometimes I'm still in my pjs come quittin' time :kitty:
Working from home is great. I've done it in the nude before… starkers.
It was that friggen hot here. Seriously. -_-

They don't let you do that in an office :(

Posted at

I normally just wear whatever I have lying around, which mostly consists of paint covered over-alls (or boiler suits, I forget which is the right name), an old RAF coat which smells like an old attic, and a fedora if it's cold. The places I worked at didn't have dress codes or anything though, so it didn't matter.

If you care: a local family run corner shop and a small workshop that mostly made decorative cupboards.

Posted at

I used to work in places with dress codes, so I wore dress shirts, ties and sweaters. Unfortunately I only own three dress shirts, two ties (three if you count the Batman one,) and one pair of pants without holes. So I was always doing laundry. Now I work in a place with a dress code that's fairly lax, so I generally just wear whatever I have lying around. A leather jacket or a jean-jacket with studs and patches, Chucks or boots and pants that I can bicycle in.

Marguati
Marguati
Posted at

I'm working as a part-time bartender in a nursing home for elders… the little old men there don't really care about how I'm dressed :D so it's mostly jeans + t-shirt

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i'm going to be a one upper….i pry have one of the strictist dress codes ever…

on days that i actually work…i wear a flight suit…basically it's a set of fire resistent light coveralls….i get two choices of color…green or tan….but i never wear them back to back…normally like two months green…two months tan…

on days that i go into the office…i like to wear a set of bdu's…green brown and black…

and when i'm in trouble…i look like a busdriver…tie, jacket, longsleeve button up shirt. pants, and shiny shoes…not to mention the belt…

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

Awwww, McDonald's pants… Can't you just wear a btter fitting pair? Will anyone notice? ^^

McDonald's pants come in two sizes: Too small and chunky and too big and chunky.
I do believe someone mentioned that you can wear other black jeans instead of the issued ones… I'll have to ask the manager about that.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Ah my (former and current) jobs…

Biology teacher / lab assistant: jeans, closed-toed shoes, short sleeve shirts – Plus sometimes safety goggles and vinyl gloves
Veterinary assistant: Scrubs (mine had kitties on them)
Kroger Deli: Navy blue Kroger shirt, blue pants, tennis shoes, black apron, hair net, name tag

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

I wear a black and silver pinstriped apron, black pants, a wife beater and a white short sleved chef shirt for my job. I don't like wearing that stuff becuase it attracts stains like no other. @_@

Posted at

I wear slacks cause that is all I own…I've not owned jeans in over a decade. I have one skirt but yeah, I'm not going to wear a skirt to work. And I wear any shirt that is clean…and matches.

I used to have a job where I dressed up all the time…I think I wore high heels everyday. Now I'm just to lazy to do that.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I wear a dress shirt and pants.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

It ranges between business casual and formal for work. When home I wear baggy pants and a t-shirt, or nothing. It depends on my mood when I get home.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Wow, a lotta choice…
What do you guys prefer? Dressy stuff or being casual? Personally, dressy stuff is fine for once in a while, but not every day. I'd prefer casual.

Ah, uniforms would make it so easy. I envy the uniform people. ^^

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Casual, I work much better, and feel better on how I look when I wear jeans to work.

Posted at

I have to say casual, because I have never worn formal clothes in my entire life.

Posted at

Whenever I have a gig (which is like… twice a year), I have to wear all black or white over black. It depends if I'm in the pit or not.

But usually, the one that hires me tells me what to wear.

To practices, I can wear whatever I want, but I have to look a little bit decent. I want to be hired again!

imshard
imshard
Posted at

I like the feel of slacks and a good pair of loafers. but I despise button up shirts and ties, ugh. Also I've worn uniforms (not military/police mind you). It can be fun at first, but then it can start to feel degrading. you become invisible. and not in a good way. It also depends on the uniform, and the job involved.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.