Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Writer looking for artist on serious project

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

In the past I have done comedic comics, and drawn them myself, but I really don't think I can do anything justice if I'm trying to be serious so I would like an illistartor for a project.
I don't have it all mapped out yet, because I'm trying to combine a bunch of different ideas so what I have currently if pretty rough.

The basic premise of the comic is a classic paranoia cliche. Basicly what I currently have is a man lives his life unnoticed in a city, then, for no known reason the world gradually turns against him. First people just look at him funny to…
He trys to run away from everything and anything. I really don't want to give much else away yet, if you are interested please PQ me (I'm on quite often).

For art I'm imagining either a heavily cell shaded or realistic look, but I'm open to any suggestions, even an ironic kiddie tone (although, that isn't what I'm thinking).

Note: I'm also going to try to incorporate some symbolism along the way (maybe religious).

(I'm still deciding on a name.)
PLEASE PQ ME!

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

I would say that I would love your help!
I know your art style, the only adjustments to your art would be making it more sketchy and shaded heavily (even if badly).
Try drawing anything like that and I'll give you input.
(I would love for you to do this!)

Also I think I might be naming it "Suspension of Disbelief" but only for now. I think I'll come up with a better name. I'll start to PQ my ideas soon if you accept!!

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

This is an example, but if you like the character design, I suggest the name Trevor. I can clean the image up easily if you want, it was very lazy.
OK, so
1.) I like the color here, but black and white I think is all we would need for the strip (maybe with the occasional color)
2.) I like the messy-ness a lot.
3.) The shading could be more extreme, but that is your judgment.
4.) Really excited to be working with you! I'll send you some stuff sometime this week.
5.) You got aim/msn messenger?

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Nice art style. Pretty much perfect.
I'll try to finish the character design soon, as well as e-mail you the basic plot.

Also, I decided the name: "Suspension Of" is good.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Yeah, you got my first PQ about this comic, right?

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

NOTHING. HE SAID NOTHING.
Yes.
(edit please)
Just checking.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.