Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

We all have the job that we dream of. Chocolate taster, movie critic, whatever. Mine is to be the owner of my own entertainment company that caters to movies, comics, books, etc. and everything we pump out is pure gold. Either that, or a chocolate taster.

So what do you guys want to do?

Posted at

I want to direct and market commercials in America, giving them a twist of innuendo that we never get over here– and write for a comedy troupe that actually airs. Oh it would be wonderful.

albone
albone
Posted at

Lotto winning, pie taster.

Posted at

I want to write and draw for a living - novels, short stories, scripts, comics, paintings, fairytale illustrations; anything that lets me spend my days up to my elbows in paint or paper scraps and leaking ballpoint pens and pencils.

I want to create. If someone could invent a way for me to make money just for spitting out ideas (which is a bad habit of mine), I would be overjoyed.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I originally wanted to be a graphic designer. …I do that now and have done it in other jobs too and it's not much fun really.

I also wanted to be an illustrator! I've done that too and it isn't any good. -Art to someone else's specs is frustrating and doesn't pay well enough.

What's left…? Captain on a warship… I doubt I'll go for that one, still, it'd be nice to do it,

Marguati
Marguati
Posted at

a traveling fiddler/juggler/mime combo, dragging my obnoxious chutzpah around Europe.

that, or bioengineer

Posted at

Like Ozone I wanted to be a Graphic Designer, did that for a few years and yeah…no.

Now I'm going back to school to be a JHS art teacher. I've taught before and worked with kids and loved it.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Voice actor.

But that's never going to happen unless the letters r and l are taken away from the alphabet.

lba
lba
Posted at

I've done some work as a graphic designer and illustrator myself and I personally love doing it. Of course I do it freelance which could make the difference, but I guess it's just personal tastes or something.

Other than that, I think it would be awesome to get a job on the travel channel with my own show.

Baconators
Baconators
Posted at

I'd love to become a writer of fiction novels. Aside from that, though, I want to work as a programmer for Epic Games and take part in the making of one of the Unreal games. And the ultimate goal is to head up my own video game company that primarily makes 2D games, focusing on the classic way of gaming.

Posted at

Voice actor.

But that's never going to happen unless the letters r and l are taken away from the alphabet.

Racist

Man I'm sure I had a dream job or two, but they flew right out of my head when I saw "chocolate taster"

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Lecturer in an art college was the best job I ever had ^^
More art lecturer work Should be my dream job then ^_^

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Independent comic book publisher.

Too bad I lack the skills, funding, and anything else required for that job. :(

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

Independent comic book publisher.

Too bad I lack the skills, funding, and anything else required for that job. :(
When it comes to fantasy, none of that stuff really matters

Posted at

Either 1) to own an animation studio, or 2) work for Double Fine.

Both are pretty realistic I think, the latter more than the former, obviously.

HalJones
HalJones
Posted at

I AM a graphic artist/illustrator, photographer, comic writer/artist, musician, etc. I mean, the ga/i gig is how I really pay the bills, working for a women's and children's center in their Development Department. However, I would rather have success, finanical and otherwise, from doing more comics and music. I would like to spend more time developing those areas and getting out and stretching those muscles.

Hal

Drasnus
Drasnus
Posted at

Comic Artist, or shopkeeper of a shop that gets no customers yet much income.

Posted at

I would love to be a Paranormal Investigator than anything else.

Like good old Ben Jordan? :)

My dream job consists of being a highly paid author and owner of a major publishing company focused entirely on the action/adventure genre. Oh yeah, I'm bringing action back from the '70s baby!

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

something that causes people to be moved by my works. like as in feel emotions. preferably in teh "arts" category, music, or art or comics.

or president. surprisingly enough, when i've mentioned this one to some people, i've had friends that say "i know people who can help get you started" or "i'd vote for you" i've only told two people who said i'd never make it……

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

I would like to make music videos for good bands. No rap, and no britney spears or shit. It also would be really fun to….be on a BBC tv show. But i would have to have a british accent.

And if i got paid to read and draw i would be happy too.

And don't forget the life long dream of someday becoming…a farmer.

i am dead serious.

Posted at

make a killing on stocks and be a millionaire…that's a job

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

And don't forget the life long dream of someday becoming…a farmer.

i am dead serious.

Heh… I could've been a farmer if video games hadn't gotten a hold on me. It's amazing how a lot of people take farmers for granted… the same people who really put food on our tables every day. :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.