Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I just saw this:

And, well, I was wondering what do you like in your sandwiches…

I'm pretty much a carnivore, So I'm crazy about Roastbeef Sandwiches and Meatball Sandwiches…

What about you?

Posted at

Pizza Hut just got subs, and I tried out their Honey BBQ subs. Oh..my…god. Subs count as sandwiches, right? Long sandwiches? I guess if I had to pick out a specific sandwich…Lots of roast beef, swiss cheese, and mayonnaise.

Net
Net
Posted at

Subway has this sammach called the Subway Melt. Basically, it's sliced ham and turkey, with bacon. I get it toasted so that the cheese melts and the bacon starts to fry up again (since Subway bacon is kinda nasty otherwise) and then load up the toppings.

I tried making this at home with REAL bacon and higher-quality meats… and was in heaven.

… and now I want Subway.

>Net

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

roast beef from togo's

and then my personal favorite, what I call a steak-wich.
it's basically what is sounds like, a piece of steak i usually use new york steak, wedged between two slices of bread. And then if i feel like cooking some more, i'll throw in some mushrooms on top with cheese.

my friend thinks it's a waste of steak. the only con i can think of is when you bite into a tendon, and then you can't really let go of the sandwich because you'd reveal the half chewed food, but then you need to find a way to bite through that tendon.

Posted at

Bacon.

Posted at

So long ago I started a topic like this. Cheese, chicken, lettuce and lotsa butter.

Posted at

Bologna is the way to go. Back in 9th grade, I got bologna, provolone, lettuce and mustard on a roll from the school deli. Pretty amazing, but now I realize it needs more meat. Maybe…ham? … Ham…nice.

Posted at

If asked for my favorite sandwiches…it would be either Wendy's Montery Ranch Chicken Sandwich, or McDonald's Arch Deluxe, neither of which have been seen for years. Sadly. :(

If you want to know how I'd make my perfect sandwich? Easy.

Start with a sesame seed bun (Or seeded bun, whatever you can get your hands on).

Open the bun and place on a baking pan. On the upside of each half (Should be the insides where the sandwich goes. If not, for shame!) rub a little butter and add a pinch of garlic powder. Let it cook in the oven until the butter melts and the bread is as soft or toasty as you desire.

Once the buns are done, place on a plate. On the bottom, spread a thin layer of mayo, and sprinkle on a bit of cheddar cheese (sharp, mild, or mixed).

On top of the layer of cheese, apply one boneless chicken patty fillet (grilled or breaded and fried, all preference).

Lay on one slice of baby swiss cheese.

Place one medium-thick slice of ham on top of this, preferably after warming on a skillet (Perhaps the one you used to make the fried patty if you went for that one).

Apply one slice of meunster cheese.

Heat up one to two thin slices of roast beef, layer on top of the meunster cheese.

On the top of half of the bun, spread a thin layer of honey mustard dressing, and place on top of the sandwich.

Voila. Heaven out of the kitchen.

Yeah, it's a lot to eat, but for anything I can make at home the taste can't be beat. :D

It's not a veggie sandwich though. For those like me that need some greens too, salads on the side work wonders.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Arby's italian sub, omg it's awesome i want one now

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

You CANNOT buy a good sandwich… I'm sorry, it's lazy eating and shouldn't be done.

You need fresh Sourdough bread, nice soft New Zealand butter(because dairy from anywhere else is just crap) some roast pork WITH crackling, some slow roasted tomatoes, gherkins, cucumber, lettuce, a nice bit of soft white cheese (I like whitestone farmhouse myself) and a really good quality hot english mustard. Then you also need a nice tasty pilsner to wash it down with… I think i need to go and change my pants now.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

PB&J. Easy to make. Too bad I can't eat one without my blood sugar going up skyhigh now… :(

Posted at

I'm shocked at how many people listed fast food sandwiches…

Once a month, my family has a special sandwich night…we go to the grocery store, and buy the best quality sandwich fixings. I like getting ultra-thin sliced hard salami from the deli counter, thick-sliced swiss, and dark rye bread from the bakery. I combine them all with slices of tomatoes, lettuce, mayonaise, pepper, and a bit of sea salt…it's absolutely delicious. And if it's right after thanksgiving, replace the salami with leftover turkey…divine.

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

I'm completely with you there Disgruntled… BUYING a ready made sandwich is like making a fucking sprite comic or something. A true sandwich should be ART, ART that you can eat, diguest, and then poop out beautifully later! Even the Poop from a great sandwich is ART!

Posted at

There's this cafe that makes good TLT&A'a (Tempeh, Letuce, Tomato and Avocado.) Really good, unfortuately I can't afford to eat 'em every day. They also make home-made Oreos which are sort of sandwiches in a very loose sense.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Ice cream sandwich.

Nah. That's actually 2nd place.

1st place goes to a hot open-faced turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes, gravy, and preferably dressing(stuffing). Some restaurants call it a turkey manhattan. I order it pretty much any time I see it on a menu. Unfortunately, it can be really screwed up if they use instant mashed potatoes, pressed turkey, or dry turkey. – I rarely eat sandwiches because I've pretty much sworn off all bread and most starch (especially potatoes). But for a treat, that one is a winner, and an absolutely deadly bread+potato double whammy.

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

Man… where I come from supposedly double starches is a huge nono… but all I'm gonna say is that people are missing out.

A leftover lasagne sandwich is also really good!

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

*tries very hard to keep a Resident Evil joke out of this thread…

Well, the Doc says they're bad for me. Add to that the other stuff in the sandwich and I'm looking at a BG score of 400+ (and then I start to feel strangely cold)…

I also used to love sandwiches made with Thanksgiving leftovers….

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i absolutely lurve turkey sandwiches.

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

Everything in life is bad for us (says a guy who plans to be cryogenically frozen to provide an example of the PERFECT male for future societies to study in awe).

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

Just about anything heavy with vegetables + veggie patty, with some pepper and vinegar.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Everything in life is bad for us (says a guy who plans to be cryogenically frozen to provide an example of the PERFECT male for future societies to study in awe).

Um.. er…

How about we freeze the perfect sandwich so that in the far future people will always know what one looked like before they started eating food pills. :)

Koshou
Koshou
Posted at

Philly Cheesesteak… DX

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Oh god!
What are you people talking about???? o_O

We all know what the perfect sandwich (or "sanga" ) is, Men At Work taught the world what it was back in the 80's:

A Vegemite sandwich.

Each of you should have that as your number one fave! Your voices should be united, speaking as one of its glories!

All praise the Vegemite sandwich!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

vegemite? VEGEMITE?! aw man, that's sick, Ozone.

pit-face needs a REAL sandwich to fill her Germanic hunger!
gimme a grilled sourdough with beef,melted cheese, and sourkraut, and you'll see one HAPPY little comic maker.

Net
Net
Posted at

I've had vegemite. I spent about a month in Perth while I was in the marines, and the girl I ended up staying with for a while during my stay (heh, I really should have married that gal, she was CRAZY) fed it to me one day.

Wasn't BAD, per se… I mean, poi is worse tasting and I ate that occasionally while
stationed in Hawaii. Just really wasn't my thing.

And I listed a fast-food sandwich simply because I do NOT have access to any sort of fridge, cooking area, or any sort of food preparation area at my place of employment at *ALL*. We have a microwave (that cooks popcorn 50% of the time, reheats coffee 45% of the time, and everything else 5% of the time) and a coffee machine, that's it.

When I'm at home, I'll take about 3 steak-ums and start to fry them up until they're easy to break apart (if the pan's hot enough, that only takes a min or less). Then I'll slice um up, drop some onion and green pepper in there, drizzle some shredded provolone and mozzarella cheese on top, let everything cook together for a while… drop the mass on a hoagie bun and drop some A-1 on it.

>Net

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.