Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Updating preference?

Posted at

I wonder if anyone will read this. lol!

Anyway, what's your preference for an updating schedule? Randomly, like I've been doing, or would you prefer that I stick to one day a week like I had originally intended? Matters not at all to me, because I'm not the one that has to keep track of when I update, lol. =3 Just wondering what's easier for you guys.

Posted at

Oh, whenever you like, I'll be checkin' forums now, so I won't skip anythin'^^

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I think people tend to like a schedule… I would keep a regular one if I could, and I DO try… But it's hard. :(

Posted at

Schedules seem like they're more useful for the creator than the reader. If a schedule helps you set goals and organize your time, then great. I just come by whenever I see a star on my favorites list.

barbwired
barbwired
Posted at

schedules are nice for me because they make me feel like i have a deadline, and something i need to get done. since i'm a lazy loser and never do things unless i feel i HAVE too, it really helps me. on the other hand, you may find it unnecessary and hinder some to have one. all in all, whatever helps u <3

Kalira
Kalira
Posted at

I think you should just update when you want, I mean if you like doing it on a schedule then yeah, do it, but if you wanna do the vigorous "When I feel like it" schedule then that's cool. :) Basically, I think, it's your comic, we get to appreciate it on here for free, so, when- or what-ever you do is great. Tha's just me tho.

Azaeziel
Azaeziel
Posted at

I think, it's your comic, update when it's comfortable to you. It's a fun thing, so don't constrict yourself. I check it almost daily anyway, and i'm sure many others do too, so we'll see it when its up.

Ravaana
Ravaana
Posted at

Updtating isn't that much of a deal… And if you decide one week to be an over achiever, and update three times; then that's fine with me.

Besides.. On top of checking every other day, I get notifications for it. Like when she tells me that she updated =D <3 <3 <3

alex xeno
alex xeno
Posted at

Seriously, I check it once a week anyways I have no problem Going back and reading more then one page at a time. So What ever you feel comfrable with really. I think that would be much better then having you 'stress' out over a due date if it ever came to that.

trollsmyth
trollsmyth
Posted at

It would be easier to keep track if you picked an update day and stuck with it. But it's hardly a big deal either way. And since I'm not exactly paying you for your wonderful comic, I hardly feel in a position to be demanding. ;p

trollsmyth
trollsmyth
Posted at

Or, if I may make a radical, and likely unpopular suggestion, why once a week? If it keeps you working and fighting inertia, sure, run with it. But I myself wouldn't mind waiting a month to get four pages. Or waiting two months to get eight.

But I suspect I'm weird that way.

- Brian

mayshing
mayshing
Posted at

I did an update preference survey for my own work, it turned out that ppl like weekly updates over monthly by 20%, and daily updates is the least prefered.

It's true I also check here irragularly, just as long as there is updates. :P

Your update frequency is like that of other colored manga (because it takes so long) so I usually wait a long while before I check back for a few more pages. I tend to like to read things in a bunch.

Posted at

Oh, I wouldn't want to do monthly or bi-weekly updates, I'm far too impatient for that, lol. There's no way in the world I could manage to do daily updates, so weekly it is. For now, I'm just sticking to "update when I have a page ready", which actually usually ends up being Monday or Thursday anyway.

So, if you don't want to check back often, just check back on Friday and there will almost always be a new page or two. lol!

Posted at

Daily updates are not liked because it means lots of stuff (7 pages a week!) and if someone is on a webcomics hostin' website, they usually read more than one comic…

Daily updates on colored stuff is possible. I think that my friend Kav would be capable with it (she can make even 15 pages a day, summer break is enough for her to draw and tone a comic from the very first to the very last page, but with halftones, not colors, which is a lil' bit less work).

I personally like 2 times a week. I update 3 times a week to earn some pageviews in the weekends ;)

Anahka
Anahka
Posted at

Honestly, I believe that not having any specific update schedule would probably increase your views. If someone knows when you'll update in a week, they'll only check those days. If they have no idea, then they'll probably keep checking every day to see if you update, like I do. Keep it random, I say.

Shikiro
Shikiro
Posted at

people will hate me for saying this, but i think (even though its impossible :P) you should update every other day XD but im just a crazed fanboy, so yeah. i just like reading a lot of comic at once… im not so patient, and i hate everyday cliffhangers :P lol, but yeah, whenver you finish is prolly best for you. but MY pref i every other day :D

Posted at

Most successful comics I've read keep a regular update schedule. Some update five times a week. Some three. Some only one. Pick whatever's best for you, but us readers with limited time prefer update schedules because then can set a priority.

Anyways, just found the comic, and it's cool so far. *thumbs up*

~ Wolf

Posted at

Like I said, if you can only check once a week, Friday is a good bet. =p There will almost always be two new pages by then.

Shikiro
Shikiro
Posted at

kitty, u r full of awesome and win. :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.