Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Do You Think Your Art Has Improved Since Joining The Civil War?

OutofLine
OutofLine
Posted at

I was working on the latest page of my Civil War Comic when I noticed some improvement in my art, compared to the first page of the comic:

Do you think your comic-making skills have improved since you started taking part in this event?

FreakGamer
FreakGamer
Posted at

In some parts I have made a few things for the better and in others I am still using sprites and still doing a crappy job at them so no. I did make a few upgrades in how I make comics but most of those won't even be seen in my civil war event. Some days I hate that I lack the ability to draw.

Posted at

Yes! I have inproved a lot! You can actually see my transition from paint to photosshop in my comic.

Zac
Zac
Posted at

Yes.
After I went on Hiatus I noticed all of my art is awful and I've since tried to improve.

Yay!

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Well, with all my ongoing projects my art improves. It's that regular practice that makes art improve-able. Plus, the Civil War's got me thinking about action scenes and adapting other styles to mine so I get alot of interesting whassamajig outta it thataway.

Posted at

Well… Sorta. xD

I mean, it has improved since I joined, but, as I've yet to really put any work into making a CW comic…

"Meh"

I work slow and slack often.

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Oh man I have succeeded far beyond the point I thought I couldn't. If you check the start of my comic you can see how horrible it looks. I have Zac to thank for the lines looking cleaner, the advice he gave me for my scanner a while back really helped.

draxenn
draxenn
Posted at

nah, i think i've pretty much stagnated. But i have seen some improvement in others comics and I'd like to say congrats to them. Glarg is a great example. After his little hiatus there he came back strong.
Now if only he'll update more often. =D

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

nah, i think i've pretty much stagnated. But i have seen some improvement in others comics and I'd like to say congrats to them. Glarg is a great example. After his little hiatus there he came back strong.
Well i do have other comics to work on like Abducted for example *points to sig*.

draxenn
draxenn
Posted at

Well i do have other comics to work on like Abducted for example *points to sig*.

…that doesn't make me want civil war updates any less. :)

Ocka
Ocka
Posted at

For me yeah.. I mean look at the first few pages of my lil side story…then look at the new ones…big differences. Which now back to making pages!

Posted at

It's improved so much that I had to post about it.

Smarsh…?

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Now if only he'll update more often.
There, wish granted, with IMPROVED ART if I may add.

MrRiot
MrRiot
Posted at

Improved? Eh. I think my art made more of a lateral move towards the more cartoony (yet equally crappy) style I'm drawing DDCW in now. But most of you seem to dig it still, so I'll keep chugging along.

In looking through the other DDCW events, however, I've noticed that you guys are improving in leaps and bounds! This is really awesome to see, and I await the day one of you says, "Riot, seriously…you suck at this. I'm taking over." Seriously, guys…some of you have made such tremendous progress in your art that I'm jealous of your ability to improve.

Talented bastards (and Bastettes).

Posted at

Hm… maybe not as a result of the Civil War, but I have definitely improved in the time I've been involved in the Civil War.

For example, here is a Photo of me:

Here's how I drew myself at the very beginning of the Civil War, when everyone I drew looked like they put their head in a… stretching machine… or something:

And here's how I draw myself now:

As you can see, in that time I've not only gotten better at coloring and shading, but I'm a heck of a lot better at drawing decent caricatures. I've definitely improved a lot since DDCW began.

Posted at

Hm… maybe not as a result of the Civil War, but I have definitely improved in the time I've been involved in the Civil War.

For example, here is a Photo of me:

Here's how I drew myself at the very beginning of the Civil War, when everyone I drew looked like they put their head in a… stretching machine… or something:

And here's how I draw myself now:

As you can see, in that time I've not only gotten better at coloring and shading, but I'm a heck of a lot better at drawing decent caricatures. I've definitely improved a lot since DDCW began.

Level up GET.

Freux
Freux
Posted at

Woow, you're right, jiminy. Both styles are ultra cute but that second picture's got mad skillz written all over it.

I think I've improved. I was sketching an update today and noticed that it looked better than my first few pages. I think this event has a lot of us so damn excited to draw and be a part of it that we're improving hugely without realizing it. :D

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.