Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Registration Act: Rules and Regulations
MrRiot
MrRiot
Posted at

Yeah, yeah, I know. But still…we don't want this getting messy.

We're trying to keep this whole thing G-Rated, gang. So no dropping F-bombs or that kind of stuff. We want the younger members of DrunkDuck to enjoy this event as much as us older ones. We really don't want to have to spread the shame of, "So and so isn't allowed to play anymore because he/she did this".

Keep it clean, this is a big community event born from the battle between two geeks.

EDIT:
Due to the fact that we encourage everyone to participate, this will take place over an interval of time. It's a living breathing thing, that we're all able to be proud of in the end. We will do our best not to miss an update here, so you folks can keep up with the Events on your comics too ^_^ Hope everyone has fun! This is a big thing to attempt to do, so let's prove to everyone out there on the interweb that we can do it the best!

The first is Will my character be able to enter the story here. Second is in your event page do you need to include a cameo. Your characters will begin to enter the main page of the comic as soon as we get done with this introduction bit! We don't need a cameo per se, but later on if you want to throw in your own side story including us feel free! Imagine the system like this. This CivilWar page is a tree and everyone in the community is its branches! The more side stories we get, the more we can include the community into the main pages of the War, thus more branches! (I'm horrible with analogies). Anywho, after the introduction bit, I'm sure it'll be pretty clear where people can begin to come in! We'll start linking soon too. Just gotta work out some coding!

We're trying to figure out the best way to do things, and it's been a bit of a challenge, but a fun one! No one worry. You'll make appearances and play pivotal roles. Just gotta get there!
Anywho continue making your pages and heroes! We'll stock 'em up and release them at the opportune time! (And other times)

:"I've got a few questions! .. Because I'm dumb. Anyways!
As far as side stories go, I guess we aren't limited in the ways that our chars can be recruited, eh? Just use our imaginations?"

There are hardly any limits right now. I hope that doesn't become the bane of us. Lol. Use your imagination, is pretty much it! Now later on, I'm hoping to work with some people, and have other people work with each other to include people in comics.

If anyone has questions concerning what will be canon and not, please PM one of us.

Fern and Acadia do a good job answering some questions further down this list.

Any more questions regarding rules and "can I do this" should be PMed to us, or posted here :D

Zac
Zac
Posted at

Also: This isn't a hurting peoples feelings event. When participants begin doing their stories, PLEASE DON'T TRY to hurt people's feelings. This is about fun. FUN.

MrRiot
MrRiot
Posted at

Also: This isn't a hurting peoples feelings event. When participants begin doing their stories, PLEASE DON'T TRY to hurt people's feelings. This is about fun. FUN.

Absolutely. Let's show the on-line community (and beyond) just what us Drunk Duckers are made of, huh? This could be a huge thing that could help everyone involved reach out and network with new artists and members and make Drunk Duck even MORE of a community than it already is.

Posted at

Yeah me too, this is the best thing since pre-sliced Cheese ('cause pre sliced bread is a bad bad thing)

but I'm still not taking sides ;)

MrRiot_Zac
MrRiot_Zac
Posted at

Aww, You can always decide to change sides later. Though it'd be interesting to have some neutral perspective I suppose. We'll discuss this later.

Really, this is going to be fairly ORGANIZED. So real nitty, gritty rules'll be out soon. But just because it's organized, doesn't mean it won't be FUN!

It will be.
It will be.

Pssst Carly, make a link in your sig for 40 points! <3 <3 <3

Posted at

Also: This isn't a hurting peoples feelings event.

What about hurting people with a giant axe?

Is that allowed?

Darwin
Darwin
Posted at

Hee…I'm in…working the sig now!

Draco109
Draco109
Posted at

What about hurting people with a giant axe?

Is that allowed?

oo; something tells me this is gonna get violent…. ^^ YAY! I hope I get clubbed with a Tuna!!!

F_Allen
F_Allen
Posted at

shame zac seems to brandish my weapon of choice, im in with an oboe!

Posted at

I'm in too. Neutral though. That will be a laugh once I send in my pic ;)

Cheeko
Cheeko
Posted at

I'm afraid I'm still a little confused as to what's going on.
I know that our dear hero Mr. Riot and the worthy adversary Zac are our main protagonists, the center of this civil war. But I'm still wondering what everyone's talking about when they mention guest pages and arcs. That was never made very clear, or maybe I just entirely overlooked something.
Are multiple artists contributing to a larger story, or is this like an improvised comic where people contribute pages and send the story flying every which way? And who do I send my hero designs to? Are we allowed to have super powers?

Hero
Hero
Posted at

The side stories are just complementing the story being done by Mr. Riot and Zac. They're just gooey extra chocolate fudge on the main story that make this community project. There's generally a theme to follow, but it's generally up to you what you do with them. We do seem to be allowed to have superpowers and we send the designs to ddcivil.war@gmail.com. That's my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong.

acadia
acadia
Posted at

When he says 'side story' he means just that. Take your original character, and tell the Civil War story from THEIR perspective (essentially). At least that's what I'm doing. It's what hero's doing as well, so i guess thats how you should do it.

Azaeziel
Azaeziel
Posted at

So, do the character designs have to have anything to do with our comic and/or avatar? Also, Color? Is it neccesary or not? And if our character just wants to kick a little tail, are there any "Annonymous" minions of either side that can just be foot-fodder for kickin it?

Posted at

Count me in!

But someone's gotta help me with the siggy thing. :/

draxenn
draxenn
Posted at

i'd like to join up on this, but i think i have a bit more reading to do, as i'm not entirely sure how to start.

Posted at

Here are a few examples of the tie-ins Marvel used in the original Civil War, in case you need inspiration

Here's what my tie-in's cover is based on:

Check out the rest at marvel's Civil War gallery!

Stich
Stich
Posted at

Count me in, but first, could someone tell me where you go to eddit your sig? *ears go down and blushes*

Edit: Oh…Uh…Just count me in…*found button*

Posted at

ill bring the swords. oh, and N.A.V. will help too =3. FREEDOM!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.