Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

So I was stuck at some place for six hours today and there was no Internet connection. Now a hard working gal would have used that time to finish her educational psychology assignment… But a slacker would have used that time to draw.

I am not quite either so after some working, I did some sketching~

This was something I was sketching idly last night. It's based on the Hanged Man's card in a Tarot set. I used to love doing sketches based on Tarot card imagery but it's been a long while now. This is suppose to be my character for Civil War and I figured she would make a nice "Hanged Man." (I've never been very good at action shots.)

Then I got bored and sketched some more~ But since I didn't have Internet access, I couldn't get on DrunkDuck and use all your sketches as reference…so I did it by memory. Guess who is who~? [Edit April 12th: Answers at the bottom! :O]

So that begs the question…
If you were designing a Tarot card for your character, which card would you use? (Here's a site about Tarot cards and their meaning.)

Posted at

I'm a total slacker so probably would have drawn instead XD

If I had to choose a card for my character it would be the Tower. Its pretty appropriate and scares the hell out of me too. I'm so glad its never been pulled out on me at a reading.

Freux
Freux
Posted at

Wow, kitty! That's awesome!

.. I have no idea about tarot card decks. Never really seen any. I'll have to look into it!

Rina_ran
Rina_ran
Posted at

Oh, I love using tarot card images for inspiration sometimes. I have a character named Kakeru who I designed around the card "The Hanged Man". that's turned out to be my favorite card since I read up so much about it.

My character would be the empress. Creator of material things. (In my character's case, food). She's Patient, loving, giving, and generous.

Reading the link you gave me, the description fits quite well. ^_^

Posted at

JUSTICE!

I win! ^_^

I love it. :) You have a great memory. I wouldn't know where to start without reference pics for all the characters. :)

celrena
celrena
Posted at

The fool one is sooo cute~! Don't fall Kitty~!!

Hero
Hero
Posted at

I'd use the Chariot, not doubt.

Posted at

Ten of Swords.

Adagio calls the ten of swords.

Posted at

I just noticed that my character could probably pass for a Grim Reaper…

I think I'll draw a Death card.

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Glarg is definitley The Hierophant!

Very stubborn.

Stich
Stich
Posted at

I call the moon. Fox demons are well known illusionists after all, and the discription tells of trickery, and deception.

Azaeziel
Azaeziel
Posted at

I would have to claim Strength as my card. The ability to control your inner impulses and thereby control your own fate. Plus, I'm a Leo, and its my favorite card cause it always has a lion on it! =)

Those drawings are just too awesome though! I saw someone's side story for the Civil War had some tarot cards in it:

http://www.drunkduck.com/A_Split_at_the_Seams/

There they are, I think she did an excellent job of creating tarot cards too! They look good, and relate to the civil war very well. It would be cool it a full deck could be drawn, with most, if not all, of the civil war characters in it or related to it somehow. That would be awesome…

Stich
Stich
Posted at

Mabey we could do that. Like a side project for kicks, ya'know Azaeziel?

Azaeziel
Azaeziel
Posted at

Cool. I don't know too much about Tarot cards, other then what the Ryder-White deck looks like, but I'll start, and everyone else can toss in cards too, and then (if we get repeats and such) maybe we can vote on which ones best fit with the civil war theme or something and eventually have an entire deck. What ya think? I'll get started on strength, and anyone who has already claimed a card can toss it in here. (And any that have already been drawn get to stay.) How's that sound?

Stich
Stich
Posted at

Sounds good to me, and like I said, I get the moon.

Posted at

I just saw Aeon's cards~ :D Totally cool and funny!

I personally wouldn't mind overlaps simply because there's probably over 100 of us and well…there's roughly 78 cards in a deck. ^^;; So I wouldn't want people to feel left out. (Plus I suspect a lot of people may gravitate towards the Major Arcana as oppose to the Minor Arcana.) But that's just me. ^^;;;;

But creating a deck for fun would be cool~ I wouldn't mind seeing it in book form honestly. Or if people want a deck, they can just pick out the ones they like and create a deck out of it.

I'm really glad you guys like it though. :D I was working off of memory for both people's character design and whatever I can remember about Tarot cards (which isn't that much now that I think about it…) For those of you who are wondering, here are the corresponding characters for each thumbnail sketch and the reasoning (and you can kinda see how as time progressed, my brain was going "no thinkie anymore! I strike!"):

The Lovers: Riot and Zac
I remember that there are two versions of The Lovers card: the one featuring a man and a woman and the one featuring a man inbetween two women. Picked the former. There are three things I remembered about The Lovers card: the man looks at the woman while the woman looks up at the angel, there is an angel, and there is a Tree of Life. Guess who plays the guy and who plays the girl? lol!
Rosencron is the angel though and he's surrounded by a flock of ducks. The Tree of Life holds five votes.

The Priestess: Willowanderer
Willow's character has magical powers~ And I wanted a neutral character for that card (I also wanted a neutral for Temperance but I couldn't think of an appropriate character at the time.)

The Fool: Black Kitty (proxy one)
I think out of all the cards I like The Fool the best so back when I drew more often, I always left The Fool card for myself. In this case though, I thought The Fool fits my fat cat quite nicely. Nothing really matters to her except food (and possibly the Food Lady~)

Justice: Bite Girl and Freux
I didn't want to show favoritism (even though Riot rocks >.> *cough*) and since Bite Girl bites the face of evil, I figure why not? And since she fought Freux, then why not? And it's great that they both have eye wear since being near/far sighted is probably as close as we're going to get to blind. :)

The Magician: F_Allan
Other characters I considered: Acadia and Glarg.

The World: DrunkDuck
Because we are awesome and we are the world?

Stich
Stich
Posted at

Justice: Bite Girl and Freux
I didn't want to show favoritism (even though Riot rocks >.> *cough*) and since Bite Girl bites the face of evil, I figure why not? And since she fought Freux, then why not? And it's great that they both have eye wear since being near/far sighted is probably as close as we're going to get to blind. :)

I'm LEGALY blind without my glasses. I have to be about…maby…2-5 inches from you to see clearly maby?

Azaeziel
Azaeziel
Posted at

I personally wouldn't mind overlaps simply because there's probably over 100 of us and well…there's roughly 78 cards in a deck. ^^;; So I wouldn't want people to feel left out. (Plus I suspect a lot of people may gravitate towards the Major Arcana as oppose to the Minor Arcana.) But that's just me. ^^;;;;

But creating a deck for fun would be cool~ I wouldn't mind seeing it in book form honestly. Or if people want a deck, they can just pick out the ones they like and create a deck out of it.

That is a much better idea than mine! I totally agree, that would be sweet! Everyone would be in it, and you could customize your deck to go either Zacite or Rioter or balance between the two and be Neutral! That would rawk!

Minor Arcana could be done as a set by those who are hyper-creative, so you could have like Aeon's set of Pincushions and have the entire house of Pincushions represented and not have to try and mix Pincushions with the house of Coins or something. Then you could get even more personalized with your specific deck, and be able to pick and choose your houses as well as your major arcana appearances.

=3

This idea rawks! I hope we can get at least a full set together, and with all the creativity on this site, I'm sure we can! Sweet!

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

The Magician: F_Allan
Other characters I considered: Acadia and Glarg.

Yay, people are paying attention to me! *claps*

Posted at

Seeing as how my NAME is theRedDeath…it'd be kinda awkward for me to be anything OTHER than "Death". But I guess if I couldn't be that "Judgement" would be my next best fit I think.

Posted at

An Initial Offering:

the preliminary sketch for Adagio as the Ten of Swords (possibly NSFW)
Click Here

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.