Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Okay, we need to settle this once and for all… We need to sort out the designs for the UNRA (User Name Registration Act) enforcers.
By this I mean, the people who serve Rosencron, kinda like the guards on page two of CW. except these guys are the ones who will work alongside Zac and the other registrates to capture unregistered peeps like me. We need one solid design everyone can use in their tie-ins, we probably need several different classes.

any suggestions(preferably in sketch form)?

acadia
acadia
Posted at

From my understanding, those guards with the P on their chest (Platinum force or something) are the enforcers. So just assume that they are the ones helping out Zac, since Zac is helping out Rosencron.

Azaeziel
Azaeziel
Posted at

I agree with both Acadia and Willowanderer actually. If they don't think they need to fight, then they just wear those MIB suits and just follow around whichever 'Zacite' they happen to be assigned to, but if they expect combat (or thier 'Zacite' happens to prefer faceless goons) then they have to wear thier combat suits with the faceplates and such. They kinda can pull double duty, and have a look appropriate to the situation (and someone could do a funny 'behind the mask: The life and times of a faceless minion' comic too) and the specific writter's needs for thier storyline.

Dockworker
Dockworker
Posted at

I'm pretty sure the guards that work with rosencron and zac are the puddies from power rangers (continuation of the zordon reference). The only Riot minions I've seen are the "Riot police" (designed by eviltwinpixie/a.k.a. Bite-Girl). I really don't find it that hard to draw a destiction; if nothing else, the Zac guards have a "P" and the Riot guards have an "R".

Azaeziel
Azaeziel
Posted at

The 'Riot Police' from Eviltwinpixie's "Bite Girl" could just be members of the regular 'Puddie Patrol' (The guys who follow Zac and act as faceless minions) who just happen to agree with Riot and so have changed thier "P" to an "R", thus looking almost identical in any comic.

Posted at

I think the simpler design for a 'generic minion' the better, so the jumpsuits with letters work.
Besides, if you use the P-Squad and the Riot police you don't have to worry about offending someone with the use of their character…. something that bothers me alot!

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Let's compare.

"No."

Shut up.

Platinum Police. We'll assume they're in silver…like platinum.

Riot Gear.

Posted at

The Riot police were really just a joke, from before I realised the P guards even had specific uniforms. ^_^

They were designed to essentially have simpler versions of Riot's costume. And in many cases, AWESOME facial hair.

Edit: Also for the P patrol, I very much like Acadia's version here: http://www.drunkduck.com/Hurtle/

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

i made my very own version of the Platinum Police ^_^…..except…they're not Platinum..

They're Like a Greyish Seafoam Green…..with goggles.

draxenn
draxenn
Posted at

my version of the p-enforcers resemble a badly drawn version of the badly drawn american version of mega man on the cover of mega man 2.

Only not as nice. you'll see soon when i start posting the comics.

Posted at

Here's my suggestion for Drunk Duck official Generic cape-killer design:

"Cape-Killer" is the term they actually used in the Marvel civil war comics. Maybe we can think of something a little more clever like a "sprite-killer" or something. I dunno. That one's up to the writers…

Anywho…allow me to explain my design a little bit:

-The color sceme is based on the "Drunk Duck" logo, so they have an air of "official representatives of the duck" kind of vibe to them, instead of just "evil-enforcers"

-I chose the full-face riot mask instead of the half-face mask other people designed because this way each enforcer has a generic cookie-cutter look to them. So they're more like expendable thugs than real characters.

-The chest armor is loosely based off of IronMan's from the Marvel comics. I did this to both reference back to the original Civil War books and as well as to remind the fact that it was IronMan who designed the Cape-Killer's costumes anyway.

-I integrated bits and pieces of other peoples designs too. So he has the big police "P" on his chest and the shoulder pads from the Civil War comic. This way if we start using my design it won't be too much of a dramatic shift from their original appearences. (I dropped the big chest "R" because I didn't want them to look like Team Rocket from poke'mon)

Posted at

Am I the only one who uses really basic designs and generic names?

acadia
acadia
Posted at

"Cape-Killer" is the term they actually used in the Marvel civil war comics. Maybe we can think of something a little more clever like a "sprite-killer" or something. I dunno. That one's up to the writers…

-The color sceme is based on the "Drunk Duck" logo, so they have an air of "official representatives of the duck" kind of vibe to them, instead of just "evil-enforcers"

-I chose the full-face riot mask instead of the half-face mask other people designed because this way each enforcer has a generic cookie-cutter look to them. So they're more like expendable thugs than real characters.

-The chest armor is loosely based off of IronMan's from the Marvel comics. I did this to both reference back to the original Civil War books and as well as to remind the fact that it was IronMan who designed the Cape-Killer's costumes anyway.

-I integrated bits and pieces of other peoples designs too. So he has the big police "P" on his chest and the shoulder pads from the Civil War comic. This way if we start using my design it won't be too much of a dramatic shift from their original appearences. (I dropped the big chest "R" because I didn't want them to look like Team Rocket from poke'mon)

It's a cool design, I'll give you that. Unfortunately, I can't imagine drawing the details on that guy over and over for each nameless minion, you know? The generic, grey leotard with shoulder-pads, gloves, and boots works best, imo.

Zac
Zac
Posted at

I really like this design. I think we should use this as a type of Elite "P-Soldier" Later on. Or as like the leader of the individual groups.
So far most people have used the Silver guys, so the DD CapeKiller could be a different type of soldier.

Does that make sense to anyone else but me?

Posted at

I was thinking the same thing as Zac actually. I think I might incorperate this design into my story, if that's okay with you TheReddeath.

Freux
Freux
Posted at

I do like the design, red death. I like zac's idea, too, that they should be leaders of squads or something. The grey putty guys are cool with me as lackeys. Everyone knows that grey leotards are evil. xD

Posted at

I really like this design. I think we should use this as a type of Elite "P-Soldier" Later on. Or as like the leader of the individual groups.
So far most people have used the Silver guys, so the DD CapeKiller could be a different type of soldier.

Does that make sense to anyone else but me?

Makes sense to me, in retrospect I don't think I really understood this topic's objective and may have been a bit overzealous. So using the design in any capacity is fine by me, and as "elite" squad leaders or variation thereof sounds just fine and dandy.

I was thinking the same thing as Zac actually. I think I might incorperate this design into my story, if that's okay with you TheReddeath.

Of course it's okay! That's the reason I made the design initially, I wanted to share the design with people.

Posted at

This is kinda what i was talking about, the guys ranked above the PP

Emma_Xross
Emma_Xross
Posted at

Riot Gear.

Is it just me or do these guys look like Team Rocket Grunts? xD

Hero
Hero
Posted at

I have something less Rockety in mind for Riot Grunts?…er Riot Police?…Riot Disposable Manpower-Type-People-Dudes. As soon as I finish wih some fanart, I'll sketch it up.

Greenbot
Greenbot
Posted at

well i kind of used bite girl's image with the dark blue uniforms and I think the riot generic army should keep to that dark gloomy sort of image.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.