Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

Since apparently the comic remix contest is set up for comics below the M rating, How about we do our own version of A Remix?
I will volunteer Warmage, Monster Lover and A Call to Destiny and will offer to do a page. any takers?

lothar
lothar
Posted at

i never participated in the regular comix remix , but this might be more fun , i'll check it out this weekend when i have more time !!

arteestx
arteestx
Posted at

Some of us are relative newbies here, so forgive the stupid question…. what's a remix?

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

A Remix is very simple, Take a page of someone else's webcomic and redraw it leaving only the dialogue and possibly the narrative; doing so in your own style.
Example: Let's say that I take a page vrom say Xolta or Drind and using only the dialouge of the comic I redraw it, using my own technique. It's an exercise in how well you can work with another person's story while using your art. The thing is you can only work on the pages from those who volunteer for the task. and if you submit a comic to be done you HAVE to work on a page of someone else's comic

arteestx
arteestx
Posted at

I might be willing to do this, but I'm curious… I assume that previously done/published pages are the ones that are remixed. So where are the new remixed pages placed? In the comic (out of continuity)? In a forum like this? In a separate chapter? How does that work?

D0m
D0m
Posted at

I would -love- to take a shot at GRIND with Nadya's style. It could be interesting, I think.

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

I might be willing to do this, but I'm curious… I assume that previously done/published pages are the ones that are remixed. So where are the new remixed pages placed? In the comic (out of continuity)? In a forum like this? In a separate chapter? How does that work?

Well we could post them here and I could create a Comic Listing participants as Assistants…
If the Person your doing a remix for is cool they can post the redone page on their own comic but it doesnt have to affect continuuity at all.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

ahhhh ! now i better understand the remix concept !
have at it DOm ! anybody else wanna use Grind, feel free, i might take part in this remix thing too,

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

Okay so Here is the List of Artists So Far:
D0m (Doing Grind)
Lothar (Unspecified)
Dumok (Maybe Xolta)
Any other Artist who wants to Sign up, Let us Know what Comic you are interested in Remixing…Please PQ Me to let me know If you are participating so I can make up the Comic Page and add you as an assistant.

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

Okay Here is the Comic for the Remix, Nothing is up yet but Hopefully that will change.
I added lothar as the assistant (Apparently there can be only one) but I am willing to change that if needed.
Adult Comic Remix

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

Welcome aboard Kobdok

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

Okay folks, I decided to start things off by Posting the first page. I did a remix of the Third Page of Xolta's Third Chapter with an awesome Shower scene I couldn't resist. Not my best work but I can always improve it later on. Check it out!

MOrgan
MOrgan
Posted at

My schedule is a little busy at the moment, so I don't know when I'd be able to participate in this, although I like the idea of 'sexing up' a page of For Your Eyes Only. Any pages in particular, Kohdok?

I'd like to see someone else's take on my cartoons.

I think it would be a good idea to have a link to the exact page redrawn so people can compare the two versions.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

i'm doing Proncrest ! should be ready in a couple of days !

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

If anyo0ne has trouble posting images here on the board, feel free to email it to me
dumoktheartist@gmail.com and I will try to have it up by the next business day or so. Just put Adult comic remix submission in the title so I know what it's about.
thank you.

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

Okay here is the updated list:
Dumok: Xolta (Done)
D0m: Grind
Lothar: proncrest
MOrgan: For Your Eyes only
Kohdok: LoveMagic
Arteestx: A Call to Destiny Or WarMage?
although I am not sure if tea_green (LoveMagic) volunteered his comic or kennatsu (Proncrest) did either, I would suggest PQing them to ask if they are interested in participating…If they're not perhaps we should stick with those who volunteered their comics to avoid complications. (Sorry to be a wet blanket.)

tea_green
tea_green
Posted at

I'm in just tell me who and where and all that jazz.

Kohdok
Kohdok
Posted at

My schedule is a little busy at the moment, so I don't know when I'd be able to participate in this, although I like the idea of 'sexing up' a page of For Your Eyes Only. Any pages in particular, Kohdok?

There are only a couple of pages that have that kind of potential, but BOY do they have potential.
Chapter 1 has pages 6 and seven, and chapter 2 has 1-5.

I think it would be a good idea to have a link to the exact page redrawn so people can compare the two versions.

I second this Idea. I've also finished the pencils for the page of LOVEMAGIC that I chose.

kennatsu
kennatsu
Posted at

I gladly volunteer my comic for this project. Just lemme know which pages you want to try out. Sadly I won't be able to participate as I won't be home for a week. I'm visiting relatives who live far away… I was supposed to fly last night but ended up having to wait because it got postponed… :(

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

I'm in just tell me who and where and all that jazz.
Well just pick a comic that hasn't been picked that someone has volunteered.

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

Okay I will take the time to say Arteestx did an INCREDIBLE job with His remix..

Dumok
Dumok
Posted at

Just wanted to see how everyone is doing with their remix? So far we have Mine, Arteestx and kohbok's submission; but I would like to keep things going while we have the momentum…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.