Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

July 2008: KISS 4K Issue 9

Adam Black
Adam Black
Posted at

And so we enter Month 15 of the Kiss 4K comic! July and August will be Issue 9, and I promise you guys will have a good time.

This is also the first issue of the last four, so we'll be seeing all sorts of crazy stuff. When we last left off, Unholy had possessed Alick and all of the Destroyer Cult except for She, who fled to Earth–and Kiss 4K Headquarters.

She sliced Chikara up but good, and escaped. Or so she thought. The Demon followed her and blasted her up onto the roof of K4K HQ. When we last saw them, all Demon had to say was "Shut up and fight." We'll be seeing that fight this issue.

She's new mission on Earth is to destroy 12 other Cult statues which her family uses to travel between Destroyerworld and Earth. If any Cultmember gets through any of these gates, they'll start infecting everyone here with Unholy's evil.

Will She be able to cut off her family in time?

Is Chikara going to pull through his injuries? When we last saw him, he was almost dead.

And what does Dizzy have to do with all this?

track13d
track13d
Posted at

Adam, hey love the work your doing! I was wondering is the web comic coming to an end or is it just the end of this story? You stated that issue 9 is the first issue of the last 4? Hope your not going anywhere, this is really awesome. At first I wasn't very keen on the idea of it being on the web, but now I look forward to seeing the updates every monday, wednesday, and friday. Again hope you keep this going after issue 12, and get to use some of the other members, such as the Fox and the Pharaoh. Maybe you could use some of the prototype makeup for a new character, such as the Hawk makeup. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to get this in print.

Adam Black
Adam Black
Posted at

Thanks, man! I'm glad you're digging the comic so much.

As for when it ends:

Officially, the webcomic was described to me (and the public) as "updated indefinitely", which means it'll go on pretty much until people stop reading it. The Kiss 4K story which began with issue 1 of the print book was meant to run 12 issues, and I like that. I believe that a story should have a definite beginning, middle, and end. So this whole story of the 4K versus the Destroyer Cult (and now, Unholy as well!) will come to a definite end by the time issue 12 wraps up.

With the current "2 months per issue" schedule, the current story will be over by the end of February, 2009. To be precise, the last page of Kiss 4K will be February 27, 2009.

After that…well, I can't quite say right now. ;)

Adam Black
Adam Black
Posted at

Random tidbit for today:

While I was on vacation last week, I spent some time over at my friend Mark Brown's house. He and his girlfriend Charlene (who used to work retail with my wife years and years ago) cooked up a hell of a barbeque for us. Mark's also good friends with Hambone (they've been friends longer than I've been friends with either of them!), so Ham and his girlfriend, Roach, came with us. It was a great time!

While I was there, I found out that one of Mark's paintings was bought and given to Pete Wentz for his 29th birthday. Which is very cool news. Mark's been busting his butt for as long as I've known him, and it looks like he's "made it" (whatever that means). He has his work featured over at Gallery 1988, and they sell as soon as they're put up!

Check out Mark's awesome paintings here, and you'll see why.

PS: Hambone's girlfriend isn't really named "Roach". In fact, I'm pretty sure she doesn't like that nickname very much. But it stuck! Congratulations, Roach! :D

PPS: Hambone's name isn't really "Hambone". But you already knew that. ;)

Posted at

As always this issue is already added to the ComicbookDB by yours truely ;)

Adam Black
Adam Black
Posted at

Thanks again, man!

I sincerely appreciate your updates over there.

px1974
px1974
Posted at

Hey Adam, popping my Kiss4K cherry with this - love the online comic. Fantastic concept. Remember the option for you to draw on my DVD list is always there brother!

Thank God for Dizzy, looks like the K4K are slowly getting their second wind. Watch out world!

Adam Black
Adam Black
Posted at

Thanks, man! I appreciate the feedback, and I may actually take you up on your offer in the months ahead.

It all depends on how this story goes, exactly. I have the basic plotline down, but am still rewriting specifics after the last-minute "She pops into K4K HQ" scene from last issue.

Emma_Frost
Emma_Frost
Posted at

And what does Dizzy have to do with all this?

In the orginal comic, he was Dr Dooms mentor, he met the guys and was teaching them.
In the original comic, Dizzy was blind.

Adam Black
Adam Black
Posted at

Indeed! All of that's true here, too.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.