Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Create A Comic

Zenstrive
Zenstrive
Posted at

Well, basically, create a comic first, call it: The Annual DrunkDuck Charalicious Contest 2007, and let participants PQ you with the URL of their arts, so that you can collect them and put it in this comic.

And then create a poll in the front page for people to vote!

And after one month, reduce the participants to 20

next month after, reduce them to 10

and then next month after, reduce them to 5

and finally, announce the winner !

Posted at

Like I said before, I think we shoul dhave overalls winners, but also have some honourable mention type awards, so no one feels bad about losing, cause I'm a sap like that.

Should EVERYONE vote or should we have a team of judges?

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

I think we should have all of DD vote on this.

Also, having Inkmonkey draw the entire thing would kinda take a toll on him, don't you think? I think we should have each participant draw their own pages for each category, or at least provide character artwork.

kitty17
kitty17
Posted at

well yeah it wouldn't be right if inkmonkey did all the artwork…
but like Zenstrive said, if everyone gave a url of their art, all inkmonkey would have to do is post the images on said comic so that everyone on DD could see them and then vote for them

Posted at

I don't see why we'd need more than just character art.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

The idea right now is that, if a participant wants, they can just submit a "pinup" illustration of their character, but if they want to show some more character to it, then they can draw a sequential page, or even do an animation if they feel up to it. It's entirely dependant on what they're willing to do.

kitty17
kitty17
Posted at

ok…But where is everything going to be shown or displayed for people to judge and see?

Zenstrive
Zenstrive
Posted at

ok…But where is everything going to be shown or displayed for people to judge and see?

a comic called "THE YELLOW BILL PAGEANT 2007"

if anyone willing to make it :D

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

There's already a comic created, it's called "Drunk Duck Beauty Contest" (no pages yet). What I'll do is draw an intro for each section of the beauty contest and then post the entries in the order that I receive them, then draw an outro with a link to a poll in this forum to vote for the winner in each category.

I had originally intended to gather judges, but that was when I was expecting 8 or 9 participants. With the shear number of entries, I think it will just be better to put the vote to the general populace.

I would, however, like to get some volunteers to perhaps help pick out "best of" in certain categories, such as best use of color, best pinup, best sequential page, etc.

Also, I still don't know what (if anything) the prize for victory will be.

veritan
veritan
Posted at

If it is going to be more than just character art, there can maybe be interview questions that the participants can answer along with the "pinup".
Ex. "Describe the perfect date." and "If you could have one wish fulfilled, what would it be?" and other generic pagent questions.

chee2424
chee2424
Posted at

Howabout this, the winner designs their award, the honorable mentions designs theirs. That way the creativity doesn't stop and that would mean less work for inkmonkey. Because for me bragging rights and the community spotlight (attention)is good enough.

I volunteer to help you inkmonkey………….just let me know what to do.

Here some award ideas

Best Overall
Best art
Best of digital color
Best black and white (if any)
Best Dressed
Best Personalty
Best Cute
Best Sexy

Posted at

Here some award ideas

Best Overall
Best art
Best of digital color
Best black and white (if any)
Best Dressed
Best Personalty
Best Cute
Best Sexy

It's a beauty contest, meaning the character wins if he's/she's hot inside and out, not depending on how well they're drawn. There may be a character that's not too well drawn, but is still very sexy. Well, at least, I think so :)

Unless that's what you guys wanna do.

If any of you are interested, you can read up on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauty_contest

It's just a suggestion. Good luck to everyone! This'll be fun :D

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.