Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Who Is Your Favorite Character? (POLL)

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

I'm very curious: Who is your favorite character thus far and why?

Posted at

I'm liking all the young women right now. They each are unique and going through their own struggles. So I'm really interested in seeing where they end up.

Phira started out feeling very strong, independent, smart, gonna go anywhere kinda girl. She still has that for me, but her struggle with finding a job and the weight gain has brought her more into the human element. I can relate better to her.

Brielle seems like she's at the stage where she's really looking for herself. She has her own thing going, but still has things to figure out. She wants her family, but isn't ready to dive in head first. And she spoke her mind to her father openly and to the point. Didn't leave any room for misunderstanding. That's admirable.

And Carolyn is a sweetheart. :)

As for the other characters, Crystal is pretty well defined for me I think, but honestly Doug really doesn't stand out at the moment. The best scene I can remember with him was in the beginning where he and Phira were interacting and he kept forgetting things. He seems to be around a lot, but he feels really under defined. I remember the women so much more.

Considering a major part of the story relates to Brielle coming together again with her father, I imagine he'll be coming out more and more.

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

Phira started out feeling very strong, independent, smart, gonna go anywhere kinda girl. She still has that for me, but her struggle with finding a job and the weight gain has brought her more into the human element. I can relate better to her.

I actually hear similar things like this from a lot of people. People seem to relate to Phira or they know someone like her. That's really rewarding.

Brielle seems like she's at the stage where she's really looking for herself. She has her own thing going, but still has things to figure out. She wants her family, but isn't ready to dive in head first. And she spoke her mind to her father openly and to the point. Didn't leave any room for misunderstanding. That's admirable.

Brielle is very smart and to-the-point. She's kind of like my oldest son (he's 11)…but much more serious.

And Carolyn is a sweetheart. :)

Awwwww! 8D

As for the other characters, Crystal is pretty well defined for me I think, but honestly Doug really doesn't stand out at the moment. The best scene I can remember with him was in the beginning where he and Phira were interacting and he kept forgetting things. He seems to be around a lot, but he feels really under defined. I remember the women so much more.

Considering a major part of the story relates to Brielle coming together again with her father, I imagine he'll be coming out more and more.

Doug's been kind of in the background since he and Phira got back to town and especially since the accident. That is definitely going to change in the future. We have major plans for both Doug and Crystal. B)

TitanOne
TitanOne
Posted at

Sapphira is certainly my favorite, although I find Lindsay to be a very likeable character.

And of course, Mr. Hu, "Pepper" is a close third.

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

You said Lindsay is very likeable, that's cool and I appreciate that. What is it about Sapphira and her dad that stand out to you above the others?

Sapphira is certainly my favorite, although I find Lindsay to be a very likeable character.

And of course, Mr. Hu, "Pepper" is a close third.

TitanOne
TitanOne
Posted at

You said Lindsay is very likeable, that's cool and I appreciate that. What is it about Sapphira and her dad that stand out to you above the others?
Sapphira and her father both seem to radiate personal integrity. They are genuine, they are quietly confident without being "cocky", and they make a great Father-daughter pair.

Lindsay, I suppose, is actually my third favorite behind Mr. Hu. She's brand new. But I really like what I've seen of her, and I do hope we see lots more. :)

Posted at

Sapphira and her father both seem to radiate personal integrity. They are genuine, they are quietly confident without being "cocky", and they make a great Father-daughter pair.

You know I definitely have to second that part about radiating personal integrity.

Lindsay's only been on two pages (that I've seen so far ;) ) but I loved the way she came in on today's page and just made herself right at home again on their friendship. Not afraid to be herself, speak her mind, but in the way long time friends do. She may be upset she didn't hear from Sapphira, but she's ready to jump right back into it wholeheartedly.

Posted at

I like Brielle a lot. She seems to be a really bright crayon in the box, you know? Also one who has the strength of character to stand up for what she needs and believes, and be earnest with a clean heart. Not easy things to achieve.

I also am starting to really be interested in Deon. I like how the character is developing, but I am going to wait a little first before I really decide on him. Maybe that's the psychologist in me ;)

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

I've got to remember that expression: "a really bright crayon in the box." :)

My wife and I enjoyed developing Brielle in Books 1 and 2. She is fiercely independent, yet surprisingly vulnerable, especially following the accident and her dream. I think that makes her an endearing character.

Deon is going to be interesting as his story unfolds. I'm glad you like how he's developing. It's very rewarding as a co-writer to see the comic's readers becoming fascinated with, empathetic towards or even protective of one of the characters.

I like Brielle a lot. She seems to be a really bright crayon in the box, you know? Also one who has the strength of character to stand up for what she needs and believes, and be earnest with a clean heart. Not easy things to achieve.

I also am starting to really be interested in Deon. I like how the character is developing, but I am going to wait a little first before I really decide on him. Maybe that's the psychologist in me ;)

full_armor
full_armor
Posted at

Every now and again I ask that question to myself, "which char do I like best"… Right now, I feel that Doug is it.

He's the 'observer' to me… in the background, but not invisible… Has personality, but not the need to stand out. Respects other people's space, but has no problem taking his own stand when it's needed most. And he keeps popping up with surprises… Like playing the guitar! Niiiice. I've tried learning guitar myself also, and… Well, let's just say I'll keep trying. someday… 8D

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.