Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Colour

SomaX
SomaX
Posted at

So I've decided to make MOSAIC in colour. I have mixed feelings about it, though. On the one hand, colour gives me more artistic freedom and it's more fun to look at. But on the other, I feel like I'm abandoning one of the few things that makes it manga by leaving screentones. Who knows, since black ink is cheaper, maybe I'll go back to it if I ever decide to get this published.

You guys are the ones who read it, what do you think?

Wyrvvn
Wyrvvn
Posted at

It needs more detailing- fill in the whites, the lines need to be clearer, and you need to learn to draw bodies and frames better.

nice plot though. =D

SomaX
SomaX
Posted at

I just bought new inking pens, so the lineart problem should be fixed in the next few pages. And I have been practicing more in photoshop, so the "white problem" should be fixed for the most part. As for anatomy, part of my style is mis-proportioning, if that is what you mean by.

_XD_
_XD_
Posted at

Coloring looks awesome! Way better than the black and white.

SomaX
SomaX
Posted at

So I've started using a more cell-shading/animation-style form of colouring. What do you guys think. At the time I'm posting this, don't answer until you've seen p 055.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.