Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Extended Hiatus

Posted at

I apologize in advance for any heart attacks this announcement may induce.

Here's the deal: if you've been following issue 5, you don't need me to tell you that it's basically been one big blown deadline. I pulled through the second half of the opening action sequence okay, but now it's come to a halt again, and the cycle of blown deadlines and profuse apologies was just about to repeat itself. I usually blame it on my dayjob taking up too much of my time these days (which IS true), but there's another big reason that I've known I need to deal with ever since I started this issue.

I'm burned out, and I need a break. I really didn't think it could possibly ever come to this, but I've devoted practically all of my time at the drawing board over the past two years to Bulletproof, and I just really, really need to do something else for a while to recharge my batteries and come back to this this thing fresh and actually wanting to do it. At the moment it feels like a chore and it's beginning to affect the artwork.

So I'll skip over summer and do some of the other stuff I haven't had time for since spring 2007. If anyone wants to keep up with what I'm doing, it'll be posted at spacehamster.deviantart.com. Anyone who misses my coloring should definitely check in there from time to time, because that's a big one on the list of things I want to do more often in the coming months.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who reads this thing and contributes to consistently keeping it in the top 20 superhero comics on this site even when its slack-ass author isn't posting any updates. It means the world to me that there are people out there who actually care about my characters, and I'll be back at the end of August to serve all your spandex-y, gun-toting needs. I'll post some stuff here from time to time, like the long-missing covers and the colored version of the Shockwire character profile, so don't delete Bulletproof from your faves just yet - it's not dead, just, uh, can you hibernate in summer? Well, you get the idea.

cyberdog
cyberdog
Posted at

Cool new drawing.

CyberDog out.

seanb47
seanb47
Posted at

Ditto!Look forward to when you get recharged and reposting.

cyberdog
cyberdog
Posted at

NEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW BULLETPROOOOOOOOOOF! Great work. I'm glad to see you back!

I gotta new page up at WarriorBorn, check it out.
CyberDog out.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.