Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Extended Hiatus

Posted at

SIGH.

Well, it had to happen. I have to postpone the launch of issue 5 to August 25th instead of July 21st as originally announced, and as of issue 5, Bulletproof will go weekly for the foreseeable future.

Why, you ask? I'm just having a serious case of real life getting in the way of more important things. There are professional obligations I have to attend to, serious stuff that will take up a lot of my time in the coming year beginning around September, and that job is what keeps me fed and clothed, simple as that. And I'm away on vacation for a while, so I can't start now.

I really hate to do this - issue 5 is all plotted, layout sketches for the first few pages are done, and it all looks like it will be a ton of fun to do. But doing this comic at two pages a week has been absolutely grueling ever since I ran out of buffer at the end of issue two, and it's just been taking up too much of my time. Maybe I'll be able to crank the pages out more frequently again a year from now, we'll see. I'm hoping this will also free up some time for me to finally do the covers for the last two issues that I never got around to.

Also, everyone's reactions to the colored character profiles got me thinking about how it really was originally not at all a happy decision to go to black and white. I think it's ultimately been a good thing for me as an artist because stripping myself of the glossy computer colors has forced me to work much harder on my linework, but Bulletproof really should be in color. Now maybe slowing down the updates to once a week will open up more time to do that. I'll do issue 5 in b/w and see how much extra time for coloring I have and then if it seems feasible give it another shot with issue 6.

I'd kind of like to hear everyone's opinions, though, I get the impression most of you would prefer a return to color, but I've also had some feedback that very specifically referred to the b/w being a good thing. So let's hear it!

Jinkos
Jinkos
Posted at

I like the colored pages but with the drawing as good as it is the black and white look great as well. Either way you have a great comic here, keep up the great work.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.