Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Okay so i've given it some thought and this is how I propose to do this comic.

Those involved (presently 4 people) will post their suggestions for a 'threat' that the heroes will stand against.

Once that is decided upon I will plot out the basic events of the story and send to everyone. Then I will assign a number of pages per artist and we can get started, once person A has completed their pages they are sent to person B to continue and so on…

We will all be working from the same story sheet so it should work out okay. For those that don't wish to colour, I will colour their pages for consistency.

More details soon…

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

More Info:

The hero team will consist of 5 heroes. These will be supplied by Me, a friend of mine who will be making his Drunkduck debut and Literacysucks1. Abt_Nihil will also be working on artwork (possible character as well)

Literacysucks1 has suggested that the threat be a similar band of villains, these seems like a good route.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

I am developing some characters for other comics now which I could supply, but I'd suggest you give a brief overview over the characters who have already been picked so I know who to pick myself to get a good mix on the team.

I'd suggest the same procedure for the villains… if I understood correctly, it's going to be some sort of "Legion of Doom"? If so, how about we supply a villain each and develop their leader together (depending on what kind of threat the story needs)?

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Since thinking about it some more, as much as the Legion Of Doom style story is a fantastic idea, i don't think that it could be done to any great degree in just 20-25 pages and im sure we don't want this to become a huge project. If it's well received theres nothing to say we can't do another, i was intending to do this title anyway.

My reccomendations are either one real tough enemy (silent type like Walter from the Mask) or a villainous team of 3 members (we each supply a villain and vote upon the best, top 3 make the team)

The team line-up is as follows:

Character Creator
Energize Nepath
Tazor Spudsy (joining soon)
Acrobat Literacysuks1
Hellfire Monkeymafia

As Energize, Tazor and Hellfire are powerhouse characters i would avoid another character like that if you can help it. Your call though.

I think it's shaping up to be a pretty good team.

Posted at

Here's a really really quick design for a possible villain team member

He has super strength and electricity powers, he usually just charges his fists for melee attack rather then going long range with his powers….and that's all I have so far. Give me a few days and I'll probably have a better villain.

Posted at

We've got a pretty good group here :D
Who's doing the first set of pages? I've just started a new college course which is quite demanding for the minute, but it should calm down in the next few weeks and then I'll be able to pull my weight, art-wise. I'll get thinking about some ideas and put my two cents in here within the next few days.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

I will sort out who is doing what when the story is done, if it suits you though you can have the later pages. All i want to avoid is people drawing their own thing, so i will avoid the pages that feature Energize the most, you Hellfire, etc, etc…

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

There are no female members on the team so far, right? Maybe I should take care of that…

I should warn you though, I won't have any time to spare until the middle of October.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

WHAT?????

just kidding…no problem, you may as well take the last 5 pages then, probably following on from Monkeymafia.

I will start to write out the plot pretty soon so i can get things going (Im gonna go with the single villain thing, I just think it will work better), If i take the opening pages then hand over to spudsy, that gives literacysuks1 time to work on his pages. The you and Monkeymafia can ride it out.

So i suppose im suggesting a structure like this, unless anyone disagrees:

Pages 1-5: Nepath
Pages 6-10: Spudsy
Pages 11-15: Literacysuks1
Pages 16-20: Monkeymafia
Pages 21-25: Abt_Nihil

Also, a female character would make sense, good call.
If anyone has any problems with any of this PQ me, other than that i will get cracking. We need some villain suggestions, Powerhouse is one , im working on another but if anyone else has some ideas let me know.

Posted at

Sounds good to me.

Before anyone draws my character based on my current comic, let me post an updated version of him. He is currently in the DD civil war, and about to go up against Adagio, which will leave him with some battle scars. (I'm assuming that this takes place after the Civil War). Also, I'm bored of the boring costume. I designed it all in five mins back in April becasue I'm impatient, and all you have better character designs. I'll draw the updated version tonight and hopefully post it by tomorrow.

What sort of tone is this comic going to have? Any comedy, or just 100% super hero-ness? I'm fine whatever. Also, what rating will it be?

And what's the story idea so far? (If any. I know it's early days).

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

As I will be doing the story it will be 100% cheesy super-hero stuff, the plot is going to be the Heroes band together to stop a single (very powerful) villain.

In terms of continuity with your character, it can be set whenever you like. For me, this will take place prior to the events of Energize. Whatever your requirements are for Hellfires appearance just state them. For the record, I like Hellfires design.

I will probably structure the story so that the Heroes each have a scene together in pairs to play the characters off each other.

Should be cool. Hopefully no one has any problems with me taking control of the plot but it keeps it focused if one person runs it.

Let me know of any ideas you have.

Rating: E

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

I don't have a problem with you taking the reigns on writing, I just think we should debate the general stuff, which not only includes heroes and villains, but also locations and rough plot.

For instance, flying superheroes would require different locations than those who are not able to fly. A city would require drawing lots and lots of buildings and people… and so on.

Also, does it go without saying that the team is just there "to save the day"? Or are we working with different motivations here? I mean, is it just a band of idealistic heroes? A loose group of friends? A super-police run by the government? A security force sponsored by an enterprise? Justice League? Teen Titans? Avengers? You get the idea.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Im thinking in terms that a large group of heroes have banded together in an organisation that serves the purpose of pulling mmembers together in order to stop certain threats. Thinking about the fact that I want this to remain a light toned action story with little explanation of anything really, the reader will probably be summarized this fact over the course of a small introduction.

As for location, at the moment im thinking of setting the actual event in somewhere that is easy to draw and not too time consuming such as a desert or space or whatever (depends on the villain really)

As for non-flight heroes, im personally thinking along the lines of teleportation devices, something that is quick and easy to explain and gets them all from point A to point B without fuss.

As for who has organised the group, it could be anyone, themselves, government, etc…

I think if everyone states their personal preference then we can take it from there, the group itself is pretty much sorted.

Heres my feelings:

A single character who has organised Earths Heroes and assigns the missions.
A genetically engineered creature that has gone AWOL
Heroes are assigned to investigate and neutralise the creature.

Spudsy
Spudsy
Posted at

Sounds good Nepath, lots of villans is a great idea but probly would be a little to much to fit within the 25 or so of page's we will bo doing.

Just one super tough rock hard villan would probly be fine if done right.
Cant wait for Tazer to get a kicking! lol

And also this organisation that bands them together, i reckon it might be cool to have them stationed in some sort of secret underground base (just think of SG1) or purhaps some sort of floating space station, i know its cheezy but could be kool, kind of a men in black but against super villans.
and as nepath's doing the first few pages would give him the chance to do his kool space/planet effects. (^-^)

Posted at

I need some help from you guys to decide which;

I agree with Nihil that I've no problem with Nepath doing the script, but a large discussion is needed for all the basics. I'm quite easy on these decisions, I'm happy to go with the majority view when we have one. But for now I'll just say that I think the desert is a better option than space. I'm looking forward to doing my best artwork, which I think we should all do and make each other happy!

Spudsy
Spudsy
Posted at

Hi guys going to try and post a picture of tazor i did a coule of years back, hope it works as im rubbish with this sorta thing. lol

im probly going to change a few things also but just wanted to give u guys a peek at him, all comments are welcome cause if i dont know, i cant get better.

Oh and i reckon the grey and yellow is cool, i was drawn to the red and yellow first but the grey one says You mean business.

Spudsy
Spudsy
Posted at

Thanks Abt. Oh and by the way i saw your energize picture, its bloody great mate.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Thanks a lot!

So i suppose im suggesting a structure like this, unless anyone disagrees:

Pages 1-5: Nepath
Pages 6-10: Spudsy
Pages 11-15: Literacysuks1
Pages 16-20: Monkeymafia
Pages 21-25: Abt_Nihil
I may object later when the story's been written… maybe I'd like to pick a scene according to my strengths… if that's OK with the other artists of course.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

since posting that I have kinda changed my thoughts as well. From a purely selfish point of view, Me and Spudsy have known each other since we were about 13 (28 now), and so Energize and Tazor were created way back then. I would like to draw a scene that features them together.

I don't mind who draws what really, but i do think we should avoid drawing the majority of our own characters.

Spudsy
Spudsy
Posted at

Im going to go out on a limb here and say that maybe we should sort out who drawing what by time restraints.

I really feel that we should strike while the irons hot so to speak, but we can only do that if we start the book asap.

Now i know there are a couple of people who would really like to draw certain sceens which is absolutly fine but if the book change's artist every page or two its going to be very confusing for the reader to follow.

There are lots of sceens that i would love to do but i understand that because of time restraints it just wont be possible for me to do them.

Im probly not going to make many friends for posting this but i do really feel that we are straying off the mark just a little.

It might be best if every one just post's what time they have free and when, and let that decide who's doing what, i mean after all, I know its going to be a great book and, I know were going to be doing more of them, thats why i dont mind doing the beginning because i know i will at some point be able to draw the action stuff.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Basically I agree, but I'm willing to fight to get certain pages ^^ But I promise that once the script's done and the pages are allocated I will do my best to draw a page per week.

Do we have a schedule for who's available when? I think I already mentioned I won't be able to draw pages until the middle of October.

I don't know how fast your iron is cooling down, but I think it's realistic to estimate that we could wrap up the basic story elements and allocate pages to artists within one or two weeks, depending on how much input each of us wants to supply to the story. I don't know if everyone has to be OK with every decision; as far as I understand it, Nepath will write the story and should make final decisions.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Abt_Nihil, as you are unavailable until October it makes sense that your turn on the book is in the later stages. Therefore I suggest that you let me know exactly what type of scene you are hoping to draw and I will ensure that you get that scene on the pages that you do.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.