Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Page layout

DAJB
DAJB
Posted at

You may (well, you should!) notice a change to the layout of the Shades pages from now on.

With some very patient assistance from JustNoPoint (he of The Devon Legacy Prologue fame) and help from the page template currently used by Tantz Aerine (of the very lupine Wolf), I've been putting together a customised page template for Shades.

It doesn't do everything I want yet but it does allow me to add links to other comics. Which is nice.

Anyway, I'll be using that for the next few weeks to see whether I can get it to do the other things I have in mind and, just as importantly, to see whether I do prefer it to the standard DD template. If you have any strong feelings either way, do let me know!

DAJB
DAJB
Posted at

It doesn't do everything I want yet but it does allow me to add links to other comics. Which is nice.
Hah! I've just spent several hours re-working the Links area.

Instead of banners, we're now showing the "official" DD thumbnail images for each comic. Why? Well, partly so that everything has the same dimensions (I do so like things to be neat and tidy!) but mainly so that I can squeeze more of my favourites into the same space!

Sadly, I still can't squeeze in links to every comic I'd like (at least not without making it look very cluttered!) so, if I'm a regular visitor to your comic but it isn't there, then that's probably the reason why. That said, I do intend to change the comics from time to time, so you might be up next!

Posted at

You have Fight listed as an Off Hours collaborate. Or at least it looks like it is =P Also if you want to add more links you could try using the script that makes Fight randomly change links on each refresh.

This way you could have 2 or more comics for each button area. When a person loads in the page it would be a different comic.

DAJB
DAJB
Posted at

Thanks, JNP. Yes, I did know Fight wasn't part of Off Hours. That's just an accident of where it happens to be for the time being!

I'm still working on the Links area and I've deliberately not touched the Fight link yet, specifically because I want to study the coding for it!

I'm learning a lot from this little exercise!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.