Posted at

When I was designing the world of Hestonia I made a concious choice to pick a few things here and there, one of them was that the world would have a very strong Verne influence for the technology, yet I didn't want to go wholly Steampunk and set the whole thing in an alternate-style British or Victorian society. I've always been fond of those stories though from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (not the movie) to the fantastic adventures of Captain Nemo in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

However there is also a very strong element of magic to the world, not in the case of magic users or wizards as they're known: wizard being a curse word used by the common folk who despise/look down upon mages in Hestonia. This is a little bit hypocritical since many of the folk actually use magically enhanced contrivances as well as steam based technology.

This particular element is often known as Tech Magis, technical magic basically.

Where do we go from here?

Since this is set after Fate's Hand there's a lot of room for progression in the story, it's a chance for myself and Reva to open up some alternate characters and give them their spot in the limelight. Talon first appeared in Akas the Bloodless, he took a haitus from Fate's Hand and demanded that he be given a starring role in the Chronicles.

How could I say no?

In this webcomic I'm going to explore certain origins especially in regard to a couple of the characters, one particular lady you'll soon meet known as Silver. The comic will probably remain adult and I don't think I could get away with making it mature since it will have some particularly nasty scenes now and then. I've never candy-coated violence or anything like that.

Be prepared (as Scar would say)

Thanks all for reading and watch out for more blogs, art and some custom wallpapers! Remember there will be a new comic page this coming thursday!

Here's a pin-up of Reva without her hat and coat!