Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Completely not related to the comic at all.

Posted at

I need somewhere to let you all in on my other unimportant endeavors.

That would be here.

April 13:

I think everyone should play jokes on their friends every once in awhile. Particularly during card games.

Particularly Uno.

Next time, take out all the green cards. Play a few rounds. See if anyone notices. Then slip a green one back in. Enjoy.

Posted at

April 17: We have built a robot. His name is Epicbot and he loves you thiiiiiis much.

He is made up of cardboard and duct tape. I am now sunburned, but extremely happy.

Posted at

May 2:

Okay, I'm about to sock a complete stranger in the face. We were riding on the bus, right. And talking about music. And of course we were talking about where we got music and that usually involves illegally downloaded music. This guy sitting next to us starts talking about "what do you have against musicians" and the like. Whatever. Its his right to say things like that. But he just keeps talking after we were saying that we would pay for the CD if we had the money, which we don't.

So, quiet little me, I mention that visual art has been ripped from artists since art was first brought into being, and no one made a fuss until recently. So has writing. Anything creative has been stolen from the original. Its a fact of life, deal with it.

"How would you feel if you didn't get paid for your job?"
"I got paid a measly $1.20 an hour as an assistant to the mentally and physically handicapped. I lost feeling in my foot after a 300 pound woman in a 300 pound chair ran over my foot. I was berated by my clients, my superiors, and myself for not doing a good job. Despite all this, I stuck with it as long as I could."
"And why don't you work there anymore?"
"Because it would be a three hour commute."
"Why didn't you get a different job?"
"Try getting a job anywhere when they know you'll be gone in less than three months. Do you think they would train you? Do you think they would even accept your application?"

At this point, he remained quiet.

When he got off the bus, he said "enjoy your bootlegging."

"Yeah… well, enjoy your victim complex."

Times are hard for everyone. Just because we're not musicians doesn't mean we don't understand.

And that's my rant.

Posted at

May 6 or something.

Okay. So… why do I need a resume to apply for a cashier job at retail store?

Posted at

May 11,

Happy Mother's Day!

Taking grandma out for brunch. We picked her a nice bushel of morels.

Our family likes mushrooms.

Yeah. I know. We're weird.

Posted at

May 18,

I'm beginning to wonder if its worth being a convicted felon just so that when people turn you down for jobs you have a good reason.

Allow me to go down the list of places on the South Side that are worth the gas:
Applebee's
Logan's
TGIFridays
Burger King
McDonald's
Martin's
Kroger
Steak 'n' Shake
Claire's
Target
Walmart
TJ Maxx
Bed Bath and Beyond
Lowe's
Texas Roadhouse
Fashion Bug

And the list of those hiring:
….

I've applied to all of them. I've spent more on gas getting from one place to the next than groceries.

No one has called me back. NO ONE!

I mean, I know its hard for college students to get jobs because they're leaving in a few months, but I've been putting that I'm willing to work from 7am to 11pm. They should be chomping at the bit to hire me. But no. Of course not.

Sometimes I think there's a notice going around with my name on it telling people not to hire me.

Posted at

May 23,

I have run out of supplies. All my markers are bone dry. I've got inking pens, still, but who know how long those are going to last…

Not that this affects any of you until… like… 100 pages later. But…

…y'know. Being unemployed sure would be more enjoyable if I had money in my bank account. Which I don't. And it would be more tolerable if my parents were less nosy. Which they aren't.

I miss friends. And good reasons to drink. Because drinking alone when you're depressed only leads to more depression. And bad decisions.

Posted at

June 1, 2008.

Because of the awesomeness over at TWC that happened this morning, I feel awesome. That's a reason to celebrate. That's a great reason to celebrate.

BSU just sent me a check for $125. I think its my deposit for the dorms, which I won't be living in this semester. This is another good reason the celebrate.

After three days of working from midnight to 8 am, Reunion Weekend is over. Which means I have another $200 in my account.

If the events aforementioned are any indication of a good week to come, I think that I am completely within my rights to drain this bottle of black cherry honeywine.

Posted at

June 22

I have an interview on Tuesday. Honestly, do you think they're going to hire me knowing that I'm only going to be around for a month and a half?

No matter, I still have catering.

Posted at

July 13, 2008

Okay. So… catering was only three hours of work. Fuck that noise.

Today is Bekka's birthday. <3

And my results came back from the doctor. I don't have diabetes or high cholesterol. Yay!

Posted at

July 23, 2008

I have about a week to get my shit together and get the fuck out.

Thank god. This has been the longest July in history.

Posted at

August 2, 2008

New house, fuck yes! My friends are coming today… sometime. Well… some of them. But I haven't seen them in three months and goddamnit I miss them! D<

Posted at

September uhhh… 10.

I didn't die when they turned on the particle accelerator. Though, that goes without saying, really: if I died, you'd be dead too and no one would care much because we'd all be one singularity or some such and that would be just groovy.

Also, I seem to have gained two extra jobs.

Weird.

Posted at

September 15, 2008

My new job is friggin' sweet. I sit in a cold computer room for five hours and wait for people to come in. All I have to do is make sure that the people in there are all art majors or on the list. And occasionally change to paper in the printer. I get paid $6.55 an hour for that. And I work Sundays and evenings. No one comes in then. No one.

So basically, I'm getting paid to do comics and surf the internet.

Dream. Job.

Posted at

September 25, 2008

This just in:

I am a DASHING young man.

Posted at

AAAAARGH!

GAH!

sfgfjlnakjkv cnbbijopz[r,avocimchiouEGN As;dk…cfmx,lkmcvx.cmvx,

cklm lckvx lkcvx lckx lckx l;ckx cklx;

DEATH!

-heddesk-

Posted at

Aaaaalright. I'm done feeling sorry for myself and ready to plunge headfirst into another project that will make my head spin and lead into more being angry at things.

I am doing NaNoWriMo.

I won last year. It was a glorious 77 pages of complete and utter shit. However, it is what inspired me to do this comic, so some good came out of it.

Last year, I experimented with backstory. This year… I am doing a better one. I am killing off the parts that are worthless and cliche and replacing them with a sense of humor and MOAR ACTION. I may post it. I may not post it.

It all really depends on how much of a spoiler I want to present to you. =]

Posted at

How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Posted at

Rantingtime!

So I give my friends sneak peeks on my comic. Its because They're RIGHT THERE looking over my shoulder whenever I'm working on something. I have no control over this issue.

So new guy finds out about my comic and starts looking over Liz's shoulder. He comes across a page that's a horrible spoiler and I faceplant because it is a HORRIBLE spoiler. Absolutely horrible. Like…. BIG.

And he sees me faceplant and is like "What's up with Lee?" To which I respond "SPOILERS!"

He looks at me and says "Don't worry, you don't have to see it. I won't show you the spoilers."

Jawdrop.

"Lee is the artist," says Liz.

"…oh."

Its like… okay, really? I have given him the web address three times. He has seen the wallpaper on my computer and how it frequently features excerpts from the comic. I have talked to him at great length about how hard it is to work on this project several times.

Its like… ARE YOU EVEN PAYING ATTENTION?! D<

Posted at

-taps glass-

Posted at

NEVER CHASE ABSINTHE…. WITH ABSINTHE! NEVER! JUST DON'T SO IT, I BEG OF YOU!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.