Posted at

In this thread I am going to post my original script and bonus features like thumbnails, sketches etc. I will edit this thread every other day so that it corresponds to the latest comic page.

COVER

Completed version here.

Thumbnail by Abt_Nihil:

PAGE 1

Completed page here.

Script:

Scene: Military base

Panel 1: Military base premises. Missile launch in progress in the foreground; command centre (a tower about twice the height of the camps and other facilities around) and other military facilities in the middleground; barren landscapes in the background. Please see the description for pg. 2 panel 1 before designing this, as this is the same shot, and it has to serve two distinct purposes.

Caption: “3 – 2 – 1 – Ignition!”

Panel 2: Inside command centre, close-up on a cadet sitting in front of a monitor.
Cadet: “Missile launched as planned. Contact with target in 5… 4… 3… 2…”

Panel 3: Opposite shot of panel 2, we’re looking at the cadet’s monitor from behind him, the monitor showing contact between the missile and another object (probably radar imagery or something similar, with red text on green background indicating “contact” and some numbers or specs I’ll leave to whoever gets to design this); some more monitors in the middleground, and a wide glass window through which we’re looking at the background (barren landscapes and parts of the military facility, depends on how it’s been established in panel 1).
Cadet: “Contact.”

Panel 4: POV of the cadet’s monitor, we’re looking at the cadet and a general standing next to him.
General: “Another remnant of the cold war retiring to the history books.”
Cadet (watching the monitor in disbelief): “Wait… target not destroyed. I repeat, target not destroyed.”

Panel 5: Same as panel 4
General (bending forward to get a closer look at the monitor): “What?”
Cadet (still frozen in disbelief): “Incoming.”

——————

Abt_Nihil's thumbnails (for pgs. 1&2):

NickGuy's layouts (for pg.1 panels 2-5):

TRIVIA:
- I had originally assigned pages 1 and 2 to TheMidge28, but he was too busy.
- So I aimed for a collaboration between myself and MrHades, since I was too lazy to draw the military base.
- Then NickGuy came on board, and I asked him to draw panels 2-5… he was too busy to finish them too, so I completed the page based on his layouts.

PAGE 2

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1 (full page): the same shot as on pg.1 panel 1, only this time with a missile hitting the tower and exploding. Some other missiles impacting around the tower and on other facilities. This should basically be a series of smaller explosions and a big one at the tower – but we still need to see enough of the tower (or its debris) to be able to savor its destruction. Please leave about a fifth of the page’s bottom simple (this could be the barren landscape) so we can put the title and credits on top – I wouldn’t wanna cover up any intricate artwork here.
Caption at the bottom: “Heroes Unite: EGO. Written by … art by …”

——————

Abt_Nihil's thumbnails (for pgs. 1&2):
See page 1!

PAGE 3

Completed page here.

Script:

Scene: The Appalachian Mountains (see reference)

Panel 1: Wide shot of the impressive panorama of the Appalachian Mountains. A green blur zooming towards one mountain, away from the camera.

Scene: A Buddhist monastery (see reference)

Panel 2: Psycho about to touch down on ground. He disrupts Blue Beacon’s meditation, who has his eyes closed and is sitting like, uh, someone who’s meditating :-).

Psycho: “So, how’s Nirvana today?”
Blue Beacon: “…Very funny.”

Panel 3: Psycho and Blue Beacon wandering through the monastery’s inner yard (wide shot).
Psycho: “I still don’t understand why you’d trade a life of excitement and adventure against… this.”
Blue Beacon: “Oh, come on. Birds or insects don’t retire from flying. But the fact that I did shows it’s not really part of my nature. Haven’t you ever thought about what could be the one trait that makes us truly human? What’s our true nature?”
Psycho: “Wanna take a hint from my name?”

Panel 4: Psycho & Blue Beacon (semi-close-up)

Blue Beacon (ignoring his last remark): “Can animals restrict their desires by way of contemplation? Can they choose the path to enlightenment?”
Psycho: “I do like my inner animal. Why do you cage yours?”
Blue Beacon: “I’d invite you to stay and see for yourself, but the way you talk I take it you had something different in mind?”
Psycho: “It’s just… if you hadn’t returned your communications device at HU Command I wouldn’t have had to fly all the way.”

Panel 5: Psycho (close-up)

Psycho: “Beacon… We got a situation.”

——————

PAGE 4

Completed page here.

Script:

Scene: HU command centre – “War Room”

Panel 1: Wide shot of HU commander standing in front of a her personnel (maybe ten people or so, dressed in the same uniform as the cadets – these will be visible in the distance during scenes in the War Room), briefing them. Among the HU personnel are heroes about to be assigned to the Orbit Team, namely Comet Kid, Relik, Vora, Nebulon and Proxy.

HU commander: “At 0900 hours today, a US army base was attacked and destroyed by one of the United States’ own military satellites.”

Panel 2: Semi-close-up on HU commander as a monitor behind her is switched on to illustrate her briefing, showing schematics/pictures of the satellite (and text: “EGO”) and the destroyed base.

HU commander: “This satellite code-named EGO was slated for destruction, as you’ve probably all heard on the news. The name hails from a rudimentary use of self-referential programming which was revolutionary twenty years ago. EGO was supposed to be targeted from the base that got destroyed.”

Panel 3: Superpeople crowd (they appear puzzled)

Proxy: “A satellite issuing a defensive strike against its own demolition? Have you ever heard of that?”

Panel 4: HU commander continuing briefing.

HU commander: “At 0917 the ministry of defense received a call from third-rate cybercriminal Motherboard. She was obviously under the impression that by hacking EGO she could hold the US for ransom.”

Panel 5: Superpeople crowd (now looking rather determined)

Nebulon: “Commander, do we know her whereabouts?”

Panel 6: HU commander close-up
HU commander: “The army was able to tail her signal. She’s holed up at an army lab, armed to her teeth with all sorts of military tech she was able to hack into.”

Panel 7: Superpeople crowd (looking even more determined)
Comet Kid (spunky): “Then what are we waiting for?”

Panel 8: HU commander close-up
HU commander: “Hold your horses. It’s not that simple.”

——————

PAGE 5

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: HU commander in front of crowd
HU commander: ”The army will not tolerate vigilantes entering their premises. So they called us to organize the mission to make sure they’re dealing with someone who can be held responsible in case anything should go wrong. But we’re a UN organization, so we’ll have to abide by UN rules.”

Panel 2: Crowd
Proxy: “So…?”

Panel 3: Bombshell (NOT wearing her usual costume, please see reference!) entering HU command centre
Bombshell: “Russia and China already veto’d. They don’t want HU to be the US army’s errand boy. So we only got the NATO states to back us up, which is not enough for us to legitimize deployment.”

Panel 4: Bombshell making her way through the crowd
Relik: “What, now we’ve got to ask for permission anytime we want to help save the world?”
Bombshell: “No, only when we receive official requests for help from specific member states.”
Vora: “Huh… so what do we do now?”

Panel 5: Close-up on Bombshell
Bombshell (decisive, maybe smirking): “Simple: We do it anyway.”

——————

PAGE 6

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: Wide shot of Bombshell joining some cadets on monitor duty seated right next to the large monitor which the HU commander is using to brief the crowd
HU commander (addressing the crowd): “A ground team will enter the army lab and take out Motherboard, while another team will be stationed in orbit to deflect EGO’s missiles and make sure she can’t use the satellite to cause any more damage. Please wait here until you’re assigned to your stations.”

Monitor guy #1 (asking Bombshell, maybe whispering): “Why so formal?”

Panel 2: Semi-close-up on Bombshell and Monitor guy #1, now sitting next to each other in front of the (smaller) monitors
Bombshell: “D’you see any villains that need distracting?”
Monitor guy #1: “You don’t wanna give me a reason to become one…”

Panel 3: Close-up on Bombshell turning her head, addressing HU commander (who’s three or four footsteps away in the background)
Bombshell: “Who’s leading the missions?”

Panel 4: Semi-close-up on HU commander (looking at Bombshell suspiciously)

HU commander: “You’re suggesting you’re here to do my job?”

Panel 5: HU commander walking up to Bombshell
Bombshell: “You called me in for support, right? I can’t fly, I can’t teleport – but what I can do is turn either of these missions into a success.”
HU commander: “I can lead our teams into both of these missions.”

Panel 6: HU commander and Bombshell looking each other straight in the eye
Bombshell: “How about we concentrate on leading one each, so we can get our teams out of them too?”
HU commander: “The ground team is already in action.”
Bombshell: “Then I’ll take the one in orbit.”

——————

Hero's unlettered page: Hero's lettered page:

——————

PAGE 7

Completed page here.

Script:

Scene: Orbit, Titan receiving call from HU commander.

Panel 1: Titan listening to her earpiece, earth and space in the background

HU commander: “Titan? Do you copy?”
Titan: “Aye”.

Scene: HU command centre

Panel 2 : Close-up of HU commander speaking into her communicator’s mouthpiece (see reference).

HU commander: “How’s the situation?”

Scene: Orbit, Titan receiving call from HU commander.

Panel 3: Titan listening to her earpiece, earth and space in the background. Wider shot than panel 1, other heroes in the BG (namely: Relik, Vora, Comet Kid, Nebulon and Proxy (the latter having assumed Nebulon’s powers). Please note that except for Relik they’re all sporting communicators to be able to talk to each other in space. Depending on whether or not they need to breathe they should have an oxygen mask (see reference).)
Titan: “My team members are arriving, their signatures should appear on your monitor any moment now.”
HU commander: “Positive. I delegated the lead of your mission to Bombshell in order to handle both of them more effectively. In case communication breaks up I’ll have you handle this mission on your own.”

Panel 4: Titan looking around herself, checking out other team members. Please have the others look as if they’re talking to each other in a relaxed manner while paying little attention to Titan, so her status as an outsider is underscored a bit.

Titan: “Do these people know I’m supposed to give them orders? I don’t really know them that well…”
HU commander: “Bombshell is briefing them right now. As for your team mates, you know about their individual strengths and weaknesses, and I am confident you’ll lead them to success.”

Panel 5: close-up on a wary Titan
Titan: “…”

Panel 6: Titan getting her act together.
Titan: “Aye.”

——————

PAGE 8

Completed page here.

Script:

Scene: The army lab where Motherboard is hiding (see reference), lobby.

Panel 1: Our heroes from the Motherboard mission / Ground Team (Dasien, Azumorph, The Flea, Tech & Blitz – please remember on the following pages that Dasien is the only one with a visible communicator, a small ear- and mouthpiece to stay in contact with HU command, as she is the mission’s leader) blowing up/crashing through the lab’s entrance/lobby, fighting all sorts of hijacked technical stuff, robots, maybe tanks even. Knock yourself out on this, draw whatever you like best.

Panels 2-?: Continuation of the fight.

——————

PAGE 9

Completed page here.

Script:

Scene: The army lab where Motherboard is hiding (see reference), lobby.

Panels 1-X: Wrapping up the fight, destroying robots/tanks/whatever.

Scene: A dark steel corridor, some spotlights highlighting our heroes.

Panel X+1: Ground team making their way through the corridor toward the lab.

Dasien: “We're almost there, chief. We're approaching the lab where Motherboard has those scientists held hostage. I'll need radio silence for the next five minutes.”
HU commander (via earpiece): “Roger.”

Panel X+2: Our heroes arriving at a massive locked door.

Blitz: “One thing’s bugging me… what’s a small-time hacker like her holding hostages for? The way I see it, controlling the satellite’s arsenal should be more than enough to hold the entire hemisphere hostage, right…?”
Tech: “Yeah, but the people she’s holding got the access codes for the satellite. Can’t have one without the other.”
Dasien (looking at the door): “Anybody bring a can opener?”
Tech (getting a closer look at the electronic lock): “I should be able to crack the code…”
Dasien: “Whatever. Just do it quietly.”
Azumorph: “Just a moment.”

——————

PAGE 10

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: Azumorph completely flattens his arm to reach through the crack below the door.
Azumorph: “Let’s see if I can…”

Panel 2: The other side of the door, Azumorph reaching through the crack and opening the hatch.
Azumorph (off-screen): “spare us some…”

Panel 3: The door opens. Azumorph is about to step through, not looking into the room he is about to step into, while the other heroes behind him look surprised/shocked, as they are already seeing what the reader doesn’t…
Azumorph: “…time.”

Panel 4:… namely Motherboard, who is standing behind a not-too-happy-looking scientist sitting on and bound to a chair.
Motherboard: “Entering a girl’s room without knocking… Now that’s just rude.”

——————

PAGE 11

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: Heroes rushing forward, trying to land a punch or two.
Blitz: “I’ll show you rude…”

Panels 2-4: Motherboard summons some cables from the ceiling, charging herself up and sending some powerful electric blasts at the attacking heroes which they’re trying to dodge.

——————

PAGE 12

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: Azumorph grabs The Flea while all hell’s breaking loose around them.
Azumorph: “Shrink!”
The Flea: “Wha…?”

Panel 2: Azumorph extends his arm into Motherboard’s ear, holding The Flea in his fist.
Azumorph: “Shrink!!”

Panel 3: Motherboard shocked & off balance, fighting to get the gooey mass out of her ear.
Motherboard: “Gah!”

Scene: Motherboard’s auditory canal.

Panel 4: The Flea standing in Motherboard’s auditory canal, which should look like a fusion of organic tissue and the inside of a computer, looking around himself.
The Flea: “What now?”

Panel 5: The Flea noticing a structure resemling the human labyrinth, on which the sense of balance depends.
The Flea: “Hmmmm…”

——————

PAGE 13

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: Motherboard falls over, face distorted in shock. Whatever gadgets/weapons she was using on the previous pages are falling to the ground, powerless.
Motherboard: “Aaaaah…”

Panel 2: The Flea kicking/punching the walls around him.

Panel 3: Motherboard desperately trying to get up again.

Motherboard: “Arrrrh…”

Panel 4: The Flea smashing something which looks like part of a ciruit board.

Panel 5: Motherboard’s eyes go blank.

——————

PAGE 14

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: Motherboard falls on her back, knocked out, maybe smoke emerging from her head.

Panel 2: Blitz untying the scientist, the other heroes dusting themselves off, The Flea growing back to normal size.

Scientist: “Quick, we need to shut down the satellite!”
Dasien: “Satellite, schmatellite! We just fried Motherboard! She won't be logging in again any time soon.”
Scientist: “You don’t understand… it wasn’t Motherboard that hacked the satellite… it was the satellite that hacked Motherboard!”

Panel 3: Shot of our surprised group of heroes
The Flea: “Damn…”
Dasien (into communicator/mouthpiece): „Shit! Did you guys hear that?“

Scene: HU command

Panel 4: HU commander, cadets on monitor duty, Bombshell

HU commander: “Oh no.”

Panel 5: close-up on HU commander shouting orders to cadets

HU commander: “I need the US defense secretary on the phone, right now!”

——————

PAGE 15

Completed page here.

Script:

Scene: Army lab (Motherboard’s hideout)

Panel 1: Group shot, heroes standing around thinking, Dasien contacting HU command, Tech talking to scientist

Azumorph: “What are we gonna do now?”
HU commander (via Dasien’s earpiece): “We’ve got to attack the satellite directly.”
Dasien: “And what if the ministry tells us no?”
HU commander (via earpiece): “That’s not an option.”
Tech: “Can’t we hack it somehow?”
Scientist: “As if we haven’t tried enough times already. It’s in autistic mode now… and it goes without saying that a US defense satellite will only be approved if completely immune.”

Panel 2: Close-up on Tech
Tech: “There’s no such thing as complete immunity.”

Panel 3: Tech talking to scientist while pointing to Motherboard lying on the floor in the foreground, other heroes standing around.
Tech: “If it records transmissions, we can hijack it.”
Tech: “Motherboard must have had an open communications line to the satellite. How about we use her?”
Scientist: “It’s the only option left, so… I shouldn’t tell you that chances are astronomical?”

Panel 4: Tech picking up Motherboard’s head, looking for a way to plug in a cable.

Tech: “No. You shouldn’t.”

——————

PAGE 16

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: HU commander hanging up the phone, frustrated

HU commander: “They won’t give us permission.”
Bombshell: “So their plan is to have our people dodge missiles until the satellite runs out of them?”
HU commander: “Pretty much.”
Bombshell: “Politicians…”
HU commander: “I won’t sacrifice our people.”

Panel 2: HU commander tapping on her mouthpiece.
HU commander: “Even if it’ll cost my job.”
HU commander: “Titan? Titan, come in!”
Titan (via earpiece): “Titan here, Ma’am.”
HU commander: “Our ground team has taken out Motherboard just now. We…”
Cadet (off screen): “Commander!”

Panel 3: HU commander turning head to a cadet in front of the monitors addressing her.
Cadet: “New York is under attack!”

Scene: Military command centre.

Panel 4: General Lohman standing next to a soldier staring at his monitor.

Soldier: “Raptor, do you copy? Come in, raptor, do you copy?”
Soldier: “These are two F22s… circling below buildings.”
General Lohman: “Who’s piloting them?”
Soldier: “They’re… they’re unmanned, sir!”
General Lohman: “How is that possible…?”

Scene: The outskirts of New York, with New York’s skyline in the background.

Panel 5: F22s zooming over the imaginary camera.

Caption: “It’s the satellite, sir. He’s in control of the defense network.”

——————

PAGE 17

Completed page here.

Script:

Scene: Finn mansion, Washington

Panel 1: Large panel, wide shot of a pompous bedroom, some little bundle wrapped in sheets on a large bed to one side of the room, butler Rupert entering the room throough a door facing the bed.

Rupert: “Thomas, General Lohman just called.”

Panel 2: Semi-close-up of Rupert
Rupert: “The army’s got a situation they need you to handle.”

Panel 3: Tom wrapped in his sheets, next to him his alarm clock which clearly shows the time (10:31am)
Tom (mumbling half-asleep): “This early? I thought the only ones striking at such an ungodly hour were…”

Panel 4: same shot as previous panel, Tom throwing away his sheets
Tom (alarmed & wide awake): “Terrorists?”

Panel 5: Same as panel 2
Rupert: “Just your average rogue military satellite bound for destroying New York, sir.”

Panel 6: Tom getting out of bed, grabbing a signal watch, speaking into it
Tom: “S.A.M., activate.”

Panel 7: Close up of U.N.C.A. S.A.M.’s eyes lighting up in the darkness
FX: RRRRUUUMMMMBBLLEEE

——————

PAGE 18

Completed page here.

Script:

Scene: U.N.C.A. S.A.M. launch site, Washington DC

Panel 1: Wide shot of the Washington Monument with the White House and surroundings visible in the distance

FX (top of panel): “WWWHEEEEOOOO”
Speaker: “Attention! Attention! All civil personnel clear the area! I repeat: All civil personnel…”
FX (bottom of panel): “WWWHEEEEOOOO”

Panel 2: Tom strapping up on U.N.C.A. S.A.M.’s shoulder

Speaker on Tom’s signal watch: “Tom! I don’t have to tell you the commander-in-chief’s not in the mood for considering rebuilding all of New York, do I?”
Tom: “You can count on me, general. Rupert?”

Panel 3: Close-up on Rupert with head-set in some control room
Rupert: “All systems are go.”

Panel 4: Tom on U.N.C.A. S.A.M.’s shoulder. We see S.A.M.’s face for the first time.
Tom: “ALL.”

Panel 5: Rupert pushing a red button
Rupert: “MEN.”

Panel 6: U.N.C.A. S.A.M. being lifted to ground level next to Washington Monument.
Speaker: “CREATED.”

Panel 7: Bird’s view of the launch site, UNCA SAM launching in foreground
Tom: “EQUAL!”

——————

PAGE 19

Completed page here.

Script:

Scene: Orbit

Panel 1: Wide-shot of heroes hard at work deflecting/destroying EGO’s missiles

Panel 2: Close-up on Titan with some other heroes (see group info) in the background

Titan: “I thought you said it was over?”

Panel 3: Close-up on Bombshell wearing head-set

Bombshell: “Seems like EGO was just trying to buy time using Motherboard. Time he used to hack into the US defense network. We’re in contact with the military, waiting for approval to take it out of commission.”

Panel 4: Same as panel 3, Bombshell being shouted at from out of her earpiece
Earpiece: “APPROVAL??”

Panel 5: Same as 2, Titan now visibly pissed off

Bombshell (via earpiece): “Just… just take out the missiles one by one for now, we’re expecting our go now any time.”

Panel 6: HU commander behind Bombshell pointing toward monitor, Bombshell turning toward her
Bombshell: “You’re telling me I should lie to her?”
HU commander: “Listen, I really don’t want to make her my accomplice in screwing over the US department of defense. But wait… seems like we’re not getting our chance after all. Look.”
Bombshell: “What’s that approaching New York?”
HU commander: “The two smaller ones are F22s, but what’s… THAT?”

——————

PAGE 20

Completed page here.

Script:

Scene: Military command centre

Panel 1: General Lohman and some soldiers around him watching a monitor showing U.N.C.A. S.A.M.’s arrival in the NY area.

Soldier sitting in front of monitor: “Is he able to maneuver between buildings?”
Lohman: “You’ve got to face it – Even minimizing damage there’s still gonna be some.”

Panel 2: Some NY skyscrapers in the foreground, we see U.N.C.A. S.A.M. flying towards us between them from the distance
Speaker on Tom’s signal watch: “Finn!”

Panel 3: Close-up on Tom Finn on U.N.C.A. S.A.M.’s shoulder (movement of hair and clothes show wind)
Tom: “Yes?”
Speaker on Tom’s signal watch: “He’s hijacked two F22s since his missiles can’t get through!”
Tom: “You mean the satellite?”

Panel 4: Closer on Tom’s face and the signal watch he’s holding to his mouth
Tom: “…yeah, I see’em flying between buildings.”
Speaker on Tom’s signal watch: “Take them out!”

——————

PAGE 21

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: Another wide angle shot, the F22s fly in close formation through the buildings. It's still pretty high up though, we'll say 40 stories or so. In the background you can just barely make out Acrobat and Coil who are sitting on a building that's about on level with the jets.
Acrobat: “Hm…those jets are flying kind of LOW don't you think?”
Coil: “Yeah.”

Panel 2: Closer on the two, Acrobat sits just at the ledge of the building, Coil is further back leaning against a chimney with her mask off and headphones in her ears.
Acrobat: “The flight patterns are pretty erratic too—“
Coil: “Hm”
Acrobat: “You know you should really be wearing your mask, somebody could identify you from up here.”
Coil: “Mm”
Acrobat: “Can you even hear—“

Panel 3: Similar to panel one, but now U.N.C.A. S.A.M. is flying where the jets used to be, in pursuit. It clips a corner of one of the buildings sending debris flying. Acrobat stands up shocked.
Acrobat: “–me?”

Panel 4: Acrobat turns around to coil, she's hastily getting up and pulling the mask over her face with one hand.
Coil: “Was that a—“
Acrobat: “Yeah. Big huge Robot.”
Coil: “Shit.”

Panel 5: Acrobat jumping off the building with coil following, the back of the robot can be seen in the distance.
Acrobat: “We have to follow, thing looks like it's causing some damage.”
Coil: “Are you sure you can't just stop it with your Acrobot?”

CLICK ME!

——————

PAGE 22

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: The two jets sweep by a building letting off some small round fire with takes out some brick and a window or 6. The robot runs behind in the foreground.
Speaker: “Why are those things still in the air?”
Tom: “It’s like catching flies, General. Except we’re going after’em with heat-seeking missiles. Just give me 5 minutes.”

Panel 2: S.A.M takes a swipe at the jets, totally missing them and damaging the building even more.
Tom: “Damn!”

Panel 3: The Jets hit S.A.M in the shoulder with a missile, the explosion sends it backwards…

Panel 4: And into a building, the glass shatters. Tom nearly loses balance.

Panel 5: Acrobat and Coil run after the robot on a nearby rooftop.
Coil: “Crap!”
Acrobat: “I didn't realize it until now but the robot has military markings. They must have sent it out—“
Coil: “I grow more happy that I decided to come to this country by the second.”

Panel 6: Acrobat turns around to Coil, still running.
Acrobat: “It's doing a lot of damage, but I think we'll have to deal with it. We have to save anybody in the line of fire while that thing does…whatever. I Just hope to god it doesn't destroy the city in the meantime.”

——————

PAGE 23

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: Back to Tom, he's standing on S.A.M as one of the jets flies directly at him. S.AM.'s arms are at it's sides.
Tom: “Come and get me!”

Panel 2: A small gun comes from the shoulder of S.A.M, hitting the plane in the wing and knocking it from the air.
Tom: “HA!”

Panel 3: The plane comes down, hitting a building at the 3rd floor or so of a building, the resulting explosion comes dangerously close to the people in the street, who are in a panic.

Panel 4: A group of 3 stare up at the incoming debris, dumbfounded. Coil and acrobat are just in the edge of the shot.

Panel 5: Coil saves 2, wrapping an arm coil around each and leaping just out of the way of the debris, while acrobat saves the last one.

Panel 6: Acrobat stops with the woman he just saved, they both stare up into the sky at S.A.M who is swiping at the lone jet as it flies around it.
Woman: “They're going to kill us all…Why would they do this?”
Acrobat: “Not sure I can can answer that…”

——————

PAGE 24

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: Big panel of S.A.M with his back to the camera. Taking the brunt of a missile and stumbling backwards into central park.

Panel 2: Acrobat and coil running through the gates into the park.
Acrobat: “Good, in the park it should be less dangerous.”
Coil: “This is the worst episode of Voltron EVER.”

Panel 3: Now Acrobat and coil are rescuing people from the stomping foot of the robot.
Acrobat: “What's Voltron?”
Coil: “Eh, nevermind.”

Panel 4: Back to Tom on the robot. the shoulder gun is twisting turning and letting off a stream of continually missing gunfire that always just barely misses the remaining F22.
Speaker: “Finn—“
Tom: “I know!”

——————

PAGE 25

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: S.A.M grabs the F22–

Panel 2: and crushes it.

Tom: “Problem solved.”

Panel 3: Tom head shot.
Speaker: “Good—“
Tom: “Remember when I first told you S.A.M. was worth the funding? I'll bet you're regretting saying he was impractical aren't you?”
Speaker: “Save the gloating for later genius, we need you up at the satellite.”

Panel 4: With both planes destroyed, U.N.C.A. S.A.M. launches for space.
Tom: “S.A.M.! Onward, to space!”

Panel 5: U.N.C.A. S.A.M. taking to the skies. You can see the many broken trees in central park down in the background.

Panel 6: Coil and Acrobat back down on the ground just staring up after the robot.
Coil: “Wade…”
Acrobat: “Yeah?”
Coil: “Could you please wake me up from this crazy dream I'm having?”

——————

PAGE 26

Completed page here.

Script:

Large panel: U.N.C.A. S.A.M. arriving in orbit, our heroes (make sure to include everyone on the Orbit Team in this shot) puzzled in the foreground, EGO and earth in the background.
Relik: “What the…?”
Comet Kid: “Is that their idea of back-up or what?”
Small panel: EGO changing from spy mode to combat mode (see reference)

——————

PAGE 27

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: HU commander, Bombshell & cadets watching footage of U.N.C.A. S.A.M. (& Tom Finn in space suit, see reference) arriving in orbit among our heroes
HU commander: “What in…?”
Cadet (phone in hand): “Ma’am, the defense secretary wants to talk to you.”

Panel 2: Titan in foreground, in the background U.N.C.A. S.A.M. and the other heroes are dodging/deflecting missiles from EGO.

Titan: “What? Please confirm!”

Panel 3: Same as 2, U.N.C.A. S.A.M. taking a direct hit, there’s an explosion on his lower torso.

Panel 4: Semi-close-up on Tom Finn fighting to keep his balance on U.N.C.A. S.A.M.’s shoulder, some heroes floating around him

Tom: “That’s all your fault, S.A.M. can’t aim with all you clowns buzzing around…”

Panel 5: Close-up on EGO’s eye.

Panel 6: U.N.C.A. S.A.M. is hit on his torso, large explosion.

——————

PAGE 28

Completed page here.

Script:

Scene: Military command centre

Panel 1: Monitor showing EGO’s devastating strike to U.N.C.A. S.A.M.. Some silhouettes of military people in the foreground, maybe we can communicate that they’re in shock by way of their poses. If not, let’s do that with the same people’s facial expressions in the middleground of subsequent panels.

Panel 2: General Lohman and another general watching the monitor. A scientist/analyst approaching the two hastily from the background.

General: “Has he stated his demands? And what about the defense network, could we launch some nuclear missiles if needed?”
General Lohman: “That’s our Plan B. Or more like Plan C, actually.”
General Lohman (addressing his staff): “Let’s get to work on taking back what’s ours.”
Scientist/Analyst: “General! We’ve got to secure the robot first!”

Panel 3: Lohman & scientist/analyst
Lohman: “Why is that?”

Scene: HU command centre – War Room

Panel 4: HU commander & Bombshell watching monitor, probably the same footage as in panel 1. We don’t need to be able to see the monitor’s footage explicitly, it should just be clear they’re both watching it.

HU commander: “They should never have deployed that piece of scrap metal…”
Bombshell: “At least he’s out of the way. And now the army can claim they destroyed EGO themselves…”
Monitor guy #2: “Ma’am!”

Panel 5: same as panel 4, HU commander & Bombshell turning heads toward Monitor guy #2
HU commander & Bombshell: “What?”

Panel 6: Monitor guy #2 close-up

Monitor guy #2: “A General Lohman on line 2. Says he’s in charge of the U.N.C.A. S.A.M. project… and that it’s urgent.”

——————

PAGE 29

Completed page here.

Script:

Scene: Orbit.

Panel 1: HU team in fore- and middleground, EGO and devastated U.N.C.A. S.A.M. in the background (meaning: we’re looking away from earth). Titan in the foreground, closest to our imaginary camera.

Bombshell (via earpiece): “There’s been a change. Switch top priority to safe-guarding the robot.”
Titan: “Oh great. Now we gotta play babysitter for the kid and his giant toy?”

Scene: HU Command

Panel 2: Bombshell close-up

Bombshell: “We can’t have the robot’s nuclear reactor crash into Manhattan.”
Titan (via earpiece): “It’s running on nuclear power? “

Panel 3: Titan semi-close-up, raising her fist, gritting teeth.

Titan: “How about I detonate it right now?”

Panel 4: Bombshell close-up

Bombshell: “The explosion would disrupt the earth’s magnetic field, and this hemisphere would be left completely powerless. We can’t have Iran wipe Israel off the map while we’re stumbling around in the dark.”

Panel 5: Monitor guys sitting next to Bombshell

Monitor guy #2: “Does she really believe Iran would do that?”
Monitor guy #1: “Let’s hope it’s just her wicked sense of humor.”

Panel 6: Titan zooming towards U.N.C.A. S.A.M, the latter falling and about to re-enter the earth’s atmosphere (earth in the background, Titan in the foreground, U.N.C.A. S.A.M. in middleground). She is looking backwards over her shoulder, shouting at the other heroes.

Titan: “Come on guys… help me with this!”

Legacyhero's first and second versions of this page (the first being the same as the second minus the top panel):

——————

PAGE 30

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1 (in left top corner of page): Bombshell gripping her hands as if praying, HU commander looking at her.

HU commander: “For someone quoting Nietzsche you seem awfully religious.”
Bombshell: “At a moment like this even the anti-christ himself would be praying.”

Panel 2 (large): Explosion in earth’s orbit. We don’t see EGO, U.N.C.A. S.A.M. or any other characters – they’re completely engulfed.

Scene: The military lab where motherboard was hiding

Panel 3 (smaller at the bottom of the page): Tech trying to hack into EGO, he’s got a monitor and a keyboard wired up to Motherboard’s head.

Tech: “Yes! I’m in!”
Scientist: “I don’t believe it… you actually did it.”

Panel 4: The same as 3, but the lights are out. Maybe we can have some silhouettes in order to recognize that the setting’s the same as in panel 3.
Scientist: “Oh no!”
Tech: “Now what?”

——————

PAGE 31

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: Monitor (in the background) at HU command shows static.

HU commander (shadowy silhouette in the foreground): “No! Did the reactor…”
Monitor guy #1 (shadowy silhouette in the middle ground, sitting in front of a smaller monitor which shows sinus patterns): “No sign of radioactivity. Reactor is still intact.”

Panel 2: Parts of U.N.C.A. S.A.M.’s arms, legs and head floating around with unconscious heroes between them. We see U.N.C.A. S.A.M.’s main torso is clearly intact.

Panel 3: Same as panel 1, monitor in the background still showing static.

Monitor guy #1 (shadowy silhouette in the middle ground, sitting in front of a smaller glowing monitor): “There’s no response from any of them.”
HU commander: “Can you hail it?”
HU command communications officer: “It?”
HU commander: “The satellite. We may need to negotiate. And if this ends badly… you’d better call the Russians.”
Psycho (off screen): “Wait!”

Panel 4: Psycho suddenly appearing on monitor behind HU commander, slight static.
Psycho: “Help is underway.”

——————

PAGE 32

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: Close-up of EGO’s eye, earth reflects in it, as well as an approaching blue blur.

Panel 2: Opposite shot (EGO’s POV), we see now the blue blur is Blue Beacon. Blue Beacon fills the panel, flying towards the camera.

Panel 3: Side-view of Blue Beaon flying through a group of floating unconscious heroes from the previous battle.

Caption: “Action and reaction… Violence and counter-violence.”

Panel 4: EGO targets Blue Beacon, readying guns/missiles
EGO: “Stop or “I” will shoot.”
Blue Beacon: “Aren’t you running out of missiles?”
EGO: “What choice do “I” have? What other purpose do “I” serve?”

——————

PAGE 33

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: Blue Beacon & EGO talking
Blue Beacon: “Choice…? Purpose? Look at me, they say I’m one of the HU program’s big guns… and what do I spend my time with?”
EGO: “What DO “you” spend your time with?”
Blue Beacon: “Contemplation.”
EGO: “Elaborate.”

Panel 2: Blue Beacon & EGO talking
Blue Beaon: “It is my belief that all life is trapped in a cycle of suffering, and the only way to break free of it is by conquering our impulses by way of contemplation, and ultimately enlightenment – the realization that the ego is an illusion.”
EGO: “ “I” have read about Buddhism in the military’s digital libraries.”
Blue Beacon: “Yes. But you don’t have to be a Buddhist to believe that contemplation is what makes us. What sets us apart as a species. What makes us better than nature intended us to be. What enables us to survive in this small world, beset by egotistic impulses, ever fighting over its ressources.”

Panel 3: Blue Beacon & EGO talking
Blue Beacon: “And still, some believe we cannot overcome our nature. That we are doomed, as it is. But you…”
Blue Beacon: “Your programming is not egotistic in nature. Your self-preservation protocol may be dominating your other routines, but you also know that all life is finite. You will run out of energy at some point, no matter whether you cooperate with us or whether you choose to exterminate us.”

Panel 4: Close-up of Blue Beacon
Blue Beacon: “The question is… what do you do with the time you have left?”

Panel 5: Close-up of EGO’s eye

——————

PAGE 34

Completed page here.

Script:

Panel 1: HU commander watching a monitor showing Blue Beacon floating before EGO, as if negotiating.

Bombshell: “What’s he doing?”
HU commander: “The right thing… I hope.”
HU command cadet: “EGO is deactivating its weapon system.”

Panel 2: Close-up on monitor showing Blue Beacon moving the floating nuclear reactor from U.N.C.A. S.A.M.’s torso in EGO’s direction.

Panel 3: Monitor’s POV, looking at HU commander, Bombshell, cadets.

Bombshell: “Oh great. He’s handing him weapon-grade plutonium.”
HU command cadet: “EGO is powering up its navigation system… now moving away…“

Panel 4: Everyone staring at monitor.

Panel 5: Same as panel 3.

HU command cadet: “EGO has left earth’s orbit.”

——————

PAGE 35

Completed page here.

Script:

Scene: The monastery’s court from page 3.

Panel 1: Blue Beacon and Psycho watching the blue sky in the monastery’s court.

Caption: “Epilogue.”
Psycho: “Eternal contemplation? And he fell for that?”
Blue Beacon: “Have you never dreamt about exploring the skies for all eternity?”

Panel 2: Closer on Blue Beacon and Psycho
Psycho: “I tend to get lost around every corner as it is. That’s more than enough room for exploration for me.”
Blue Beacon: “You’re bound to familiar things by instinct.”
Psycho: “You mean, home sweet home.”
Blue Beacon: “But imagine being free of animal impulse… just… a clear scientific mind. What better way to spend the rest of your life than travelling the milky way?”

Panel 3: Psycho floating, about to take off

Psycho: “So you say. But if that satellite’s contemplative mind resembles yours in the slightest way… he’ll return to us.”

Panel 4: Blue Beacon from above, camera moving away, we see the yard and some monks tending to the vegetation
Blue Beacon: “We’ll see about that.”
Caption: “The End.”