Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Sneek Previews and Teasers

Posted at

Grenderthaal Day isn't due out until September to try and get in on the back to School crazies, but that doesn't mean we can't give you a little sneak preview here and there.

Ready for your first glimpse of Grenderthaal day? Well then, I'm proud to present the cover!

A few words on the cover: After toying around with a few cover idea I suggested with go with something similar to the cover of Disgaea hour of darkness. I had meant like the strategy guide but Amy decided she like the cover to the game a lot more and was really inspired by the helter skelter style of the cover.

A few words on Grenderthaal Day, I can't tell you too much right now but the manga will 100 pages plus some bonus material in the back. Although the story takes place a week or two ahead of where we are in the web comic right now we've put a lot of easter eggs connecting the two for you readers to find.

Well that is it for now, but be sure to check back for more sneaky preview stuff as we'll be updating the forum regularly.

Abacus
Abacus
Posted at

Wow! I love the, as you put it, 'helter skelter' layout. It really reflects the attitudes generally had towards school settings, children and such, and kind of hints at what to expect in the story. Wonderful work!
Good thing you intend to put up more sneak preview stuff, because September seems so far off! X)

Posted at

Thanks!

Finding way to cram a bunch of chracters onto a cover without being boaring or cliche is harder then you might imagine.

Also feel free to poke around the forum a bit. I'd really like to see a little bit of activity get started here. I'm happy to talk Night School if anyone has any questions or comments. Let me know what you want to see around and if I can I'll make it happen.

Sapphira
Sapphira
Posted at

Ooh.. Well, now I'll know what to look for! Is the inside of the manga colored aswell?(Merely wondering. I'm buying it either way.)

Posted at

No the pages are all in greyscale. We (meaning myself, Amy and our editor) talked about it when we first started planning the manga and everyone agreed greyscale seemed to be the best choice for now. Mostly because Grenderthaal Day is going to be manga sized and most mangas are not printed in color. At the time I thought greyscale would make the manga easier to do and faster to produce but the exact opposite was true. Amy was not used to working in grayscale and a lot of her tools we not well suited to it. She really had to learn how to do grayscale from scratch before she could really start producing pages of the quality she wanted. I'll see if I can get permission to post up a compairson of the quality between the first couple "prototype" and the final pages after Amy polished off her greyscale skills.

If the web comics is ever printed however it will be in full color because that is how we did the pages.

Posted at

I love the cover! It probably helps to have a hoard of devoted web fans who will rush out to buy your work when you're publishing something.

Posted at

Thanks Doodles but where am I going to fine a hoard of devoted web fa….oh right Amy has devoted web fans. All good then. :p

SonicEdge7
SonicEdge7
Posted at

awsomeness!!! Cna't wait to see you and Amy's stuff in bookstores!!!

Posted at

Not as far as I know. NS tends not to get very much fan art 'cause most people who like the comic just help us out with a School Night's page instead. There are three pages of bonus material in the back though.

Maybe though we could post up some proto material in the forums here though.

Azeth
Azeth
Posted at

Must…buy…MANGA!

Posted at

The NS manga has been confirmed as releasing in september.

It will be 120 pages & retail at $14.99. You can find it in this months copy of Previews!

If you can please ask your local comic shop or book store to carry a copy. That will help in a very large way & the sooner the better as many comics shops put in their orders two months in advance. Being a relatively unknown title if no one asks about it your local store might decide their isn't any interest in it and not carry the book.

Anyway, now that we know the date we're finally free to start posting up some more teaser material. As we get closer to the release date we'll be posting up the first few pages from the story as well some other material.

If you have any questions feel free to ask meanwhile I've got to get some teaser material ready to post here.

Raccoo
Raccoo
Posted at

So…it's almost October now… any info on when/where we can buy the NS manga? =)

Or a ISBN code or something we could give bookstores/comic shops (there are NO comic shops, and only one bookstore around here). I think it'd be more likely I find it online, or maybe next time I go to one of the big cities a hour away. =)

Posted at

Ah sorry I forgot to mention it here but *groan* the manga was pushed back to October 8th.

Right now it looks like only comic shops will be carrying it. I was told book stores could carry it too but apparently chain book stores are something of a problem in this area since they basically get told what to order from corperate. If nothing else Raccoo you should be able to get a copy on Amazon after it comes out.

If worse comes to worse give me the money and I'll buy a copy for you and mail it out.

Raccoo
Raccoo
Posted at

Ah, I thought it might've been, but then it was pushed back from summer, so I thought maybe I was just thinking about that.

Okay, cool.

Posted at

Update the comic will be available online at the Platnium Studio store.

I forgot to ask last time I talked to PS if it will be on Wowio as well or not.

Raccoo
Raccoo
Posted at

Cool. I'll have to get it and the DD Anthology.

Posted at

Good news after even more delays due to the economic melt down we have a new printer for the manga lined up and it should hit stores in two weeks. *finger's crossed*

Posted at

You can now Pre-Order the book here! It should be in stores Nov 12th according to the printer and Diamond.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.