Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Heroes Unite: The Darkness Within
Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

This is the big one!!!

This is going to be the most ambitious HU comic yet in my opinion but as always this will only be possible with your help!!!

The story is set…but I cannot give you many details…but it is good and it is big!!

In this initial stage I am looking for people to register their interest in being involved in this project whether that be by supplying a character, artwork or both

I am looking for two defining categories when you submit your character:

1) General use
2) Lead Role

I will explain a little further…

There will be two major villains in this comic and it requires two lead characters…but here's the different bit…this time the two lead heroes will at one point in the comic fight each other…and it will NOT be a draw!

Needless to say whatever character makes the lead roles will get some serious coverage in this book but ultimately (if your brave enough) you will be putting your character in for a fight that you cannot control the outcome of.

There will be need for more characters that will feature as either a cameo, a general small speaking role or part of the United team at the end of the story.

Here are some basics for the lead characters, if you submit your character you must state either (General), (Lead1) or (Lead2):

Lead 1:
The first main hero will be pitted against the first main villain - this character will be put through physical assault in this book

Lead 2:
The second main hero will be pitted against the second main villain - this character will be put through psychological assault

The full details of these characters will only be revealed to those that are chosen and they will be given a chance to change their mind. The outcome of the fight will only ever be revealed to the creators.

But rest assured that both characters will come across well and at the end of the day they will finish the story in exactly the same condition that they started it!

I for obvious reasons cannot use my own characters for the lead roles but they will be featuring generally in the book.

The other thing is that this one will not be confined to 25 pages - it will be much bigger.

I have already contacted a select few artists and have more to approach but so far here are the potential artists: (The artists in bold are confirmed places at this time)

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Don't think I'm gonna be able to do art on this one, but I'm always up for submitting characters.

I'll submit Shrink, Superhero/Psychiatrist with the power of flight, shrinking himself and other things and a store of shrunken tools and equipment at his disposal, for the Lead 2 role.

If not, I'm perfectly fine with him being a general character.

melsr007
melsr007
Posted at

Love what you guys have done with this book and if you can put me down to draw 5 page

QSAMA
QSAMA
Posted at

im always down to do some art

Posted at

I will definitly submit a character, and I can do some pages if you like…

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Thanks for responding:

If your up for artwork - can you just let me know how many pages you'd be willing to do and if it would be B&W or colour. Thanks

Carbajal3000:
If you have a character just post it here with the details requested in my initial post.
Thanks

Posted at

Hey, thanks for the PQ. I wouldn't mind helping with the writing…I THINK I could do some B & W artwork but I don't want to swamp myself with side projects since I'm trying to keep acrobat running on time.

I hesitate to offer any of my characters for leads after the prominent roles they've had in 1, 2, and I think 3, I can offer up anyone in the Acrobat universe (acrobat, coil, aegis, the ghost, or any villains) for general roles though.

melsr007
melsr007
Posted at

I can draw five page in color.

Posted at

I'm always up for some hero-scraps! Relik could take a lot of punishment, with his shields and conditioning, so please consider him for the role of Lead 1. Win or lose, I don't mind as long as whoever writes this makes sure he keeps in character and gives it his all - I could give help with the writing when it comes to that.

Posted at

Thanks for responding:

If your up for artwork - can you just let me know how many pages you'd be willing to do and if it would be B&W or colour. Thanks

Carbajal3000:
If you have a character just post it here with the details requested in my initial post.
Thanks

Okay, I would do 5 pages, if thats okay with you, And since I haven't that great of a knack for coloring just yet, I would do them in black and white.

For my hero I would like to post up later for a more accurate sketch so you know what he looks like, along with what you need to know about him, I don't know if he would be for general use or lead role, I'll leave that up to you…

Posted at

This sounds great. I'd like to put forward my character (Dante) and myself for consideration. I'd agree to 6 pages, full colour. I hope that's enough, but I don't think I'd be able to do more without the quality suffering. I know a lot of people like to be involved in the writing, but I'm fine with just having a script plonked in my inbox and being told "MM, you're doing page 5 to 10"

Obviously, like most people, I'd like my dude to have a big role, so I'm gunna say (Lead2). Do we have to choose between the two leads? They both sound good! Can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Of course I'll submit Bombshell. Do what you like with her :-)

As you guessed, I'm currently too busy to commit myself to more projects, so no artwork from me this time, sorry. I would do one page or a pin-up any time, but 5 pages is too much. Can't wait to read it though… sounds like it's gonna be big, in more than one way.

QSAMA
QSAMA
Posted at

wow! this is a big-un!!… i can commit to 10 pgs bw and if need be i can do colors as well but only if need be (id like to get my skills up a lil first)

Posted at

Well, I guess all the postitions are filled so… I'll just put in Psycho, I already posted him in another Heroes Unite thread so you should know who he is…

MrHades
MrHades
Posted at

Sweet. Can't wait to start work on this one!

AzuJOD
AzuJOD
Posted at

If you're still accepting characters, then I suppose I'll submit Azumorph again (in a general role of course)

legacyhero
legacyhero
Posted at

Put me down for 5 pages. (I'd really like to have someone else do colors.)

And if you still need characters, I'd like to submit some additional female heroes
for either the main team, general, or cameo roles.

Ultra Girl
Nautilus
Lady Maverick
and
Americana

Looking forward to working with such a talented pool of creators, writers, and artists!

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

LegacyHero:

Thanks for taking part.

I will put you down for 5 pages of artwork and should you be unable to colour at the time then I will colour your pages.
I will add you to the confirmed artists thread

As for characters, i have all the positions filled unfortunately but i may be able to include one or two of them in a cameo.

Cheers

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

I can do 6 pages in colour…

QSAMA
QSAMA
Posted at

hey Nepath,

I know youre all over the place just wondering if u have any updates, also i was wondering if you have those last 15 pages covered?

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Hey Q,

Sorry i've been slow on the replies.

All pages are covered - if you check the confirmed artists thread you will see your name on the list. I have you down for 9 B&W pages of artwork.

Cheers

Posted at

Good work so far - sent character ammendmant suggestions so far!

Posted at

Hey, question…anything in this storyline tell a lot about the Commander at HU HQ that we don't already know? She may be the focus for the story I'm doing in CHRONICLES, and I want to make sure I don't step on any toes.–Al

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.