Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Current KISS points contest!

Adam Black
Adam Black
Posted at

I'm going to use this thread to post any currently-running contests. Feel free to post your answers to these contests here as well.

The current contest…well, it involves a little backstory.

I love Jack Chick. He's a crazy man. If you don't know who I'm talking about, type his name into Google. The short version of the story is this: he makes these Christian comics, both in regular comic form (which are harder to get) and those little Chick Tracts that people seem to litter all over the place.

I love his work. It's always good for a laugh. He was doing "Timecube" type stuff before the internet was invented. He's like Gene Ray's long lost brother or something. They're both crazy old men who are convinced they're 100% right, and that sort of thing always entertains me.

So, the contest:

Somewhere in issue 8 of K4K, there's a reference to issue 9 of Jack Chick's "The Crusaders" comic. That issue was called "Angel of Light" and was about the Devil. It was the greatest of the Crusaders print comics. Full of angry hippies, serial killers, and a completely rewritten history of ancient Babylon. It's a wonderful symphony of one man's madness. I love you, Jack Chick.

I'll warn you: the reference is very obscure. I did it originally for my own amusement. Honestly, I doubt anyone will find it, but if anyone does, I'll award them five hundred KISS points.

FIVE HUNDRED.

Normally, I'll be giving out points in tens and twenties. I might even splurge and offer up to 25 at a time. But this reference is so freaking obscure, I doubt anyone will ever find it.

Here's a hint: Demons.

Good luck, Kiss Army!

spaceace76
spaceace76
Posted at

I'm having trouble with this one… I picked up a copy of the comic and I still can't find it! This really is tough. I have a question though, when you said "somewhere in issue 8" did you include the cover, also, does that mean every page, or every page you had done up till then? I think you'd finished page 16 by the time you posted here. I've scoured the pages of this thing, I've read everything(words and all) about twice through, and checked every little thing that caught my eye. Guess I'll just keep looking around.

Adam Black
Adam Black
Posted at

When I say "issue 8", I do indeed include the cover!

I can't believe you've actually found that old Chick comic. It's a crazy read, isn't it?

spaceace76
spaceace76
Posted at

Surprisingly, no! I've read a lot about the Illumianti stuff, a bit about their supposed Satan worship, so Chick's take on it is just the more religious aspect than the "We control The world through Religion and the US Federal Reserve" aspect. Not that it isn't interesting, seeing the info in this setting is way better than crummy documentaries and poorly cited internet pages. Funnier too! It makes me wonder how the rest of the comics play out.

I really like the Jeff character. He's hilarious. Especially his encounter with his father at the end of the story. Classic. And what was with those serial killers? What kind of killer identifies himself by saying what number victim you are? That's just bad for business.

Anyway, I've got my official pick for the contest. The demon above She's right arm on the issue 8 cover. It has backwards facing horns, pointy ears, and a small curl of hair. This looks a heck of a lot like the demon on page 23 in AoL, whose only line is "HE MUST BE KILLED!". My guess is that you drew it from memory, maybe you re-read your Chick collection a few days before, since it's not a carbon copy, but shares too many details to not be coincidence.

Either that or the naked rich guy.

Adam Black
Adam Black
Posted at

Holy shit.

I was telling Hambone a couple of days ago about this contest and I chuckled and said, "Man, no one's gonna get this one!"

But you did! The demon is indeed the correct answer. I can't believe you pieced that together. Good show, man!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.