Posted at

Statistics!

Time elapsed since comic debut (1/1/2009): 517 days.
Pages posted: 215.
Average days per page: 2.40.

Time elapsed since start of work (10/26/2008): 584 days.
Pages planned: 464 (63.4%) (1.26 days per page)
Pages sketched: 283 (38.7%) (2.06)
Pages drawn: 256 (35.0%) (2.28)
Pages complete: 226 (30.9%) (2.58)
Pages posted: 215 (29.4%)

So yeah, not terribly much comic work got done this month. Got chapter 10 all sketched out and some panels drawn, but no finished pages and no future planning. As of this writing I have 11 pages left between what's up and what I've got done, and since chapter 8 has been going up as a series of 2-page spreads, that means I've basically got 2 weeks left to get some of chapter 9 done. What's the holdup? Honestly, I'm not sure. But I do know that I've been working on this comic for a straight 19 months without anything resembling a break. So maybe I'm tired. Maybe I need a real rest, and not just a "rest" from drawing while I finish pages, or a "rest" from finishing pages while I draw. When I look back over the comic, I'm heartened to see what I've done so well, and how I've improved. And when I look at other people's comics, I can see pretty quickly where I've gone right and where I still need to put some more effort.

I may well end up changing the update schedule again. If so, I'll note it at the end of chapter 8. I'll try not to cease updating entirely, since I hate when other artists do that. But now that I've been in the shoes of a regular comic artist, I understand that a body can't keep doing the same thing for too long.

Right now the comic is 42% complete, meaning 46 months total, of which 27 remain.