Posted at

How time flies… which I'm sure I've said before. This month has been spent on the sketches for chapter 5, and the drawings for chapter 5. There are lots of drawings, and I'm trying something new this time around. Seems I do that a lot.

Chapter 4, as you may have already noticed, is in full color. For these pages I drew four or five quarter-page panels, arranged them, then erased the white background and colored on multiple layers underneath the line art. For glow effects I added a layer above the line art.

For chapter 5 I'm using a new set of pens. Like with chapters 1-3, I did a set of small-size drawings first, scanned and enlarged them, and now I'm doing finished drawings, but with the extra intermediate step of re-sketching the enlarged sketches even larger in pencil using a full sheet each. The new pens are all fine-tip, but with five different weights. Hopefully this will provide a result that has a variety of line widths, but still shrinks down smoothly to create the proper effect. My goal is to produce some high-detail black-and-white drawings.

But there are a lot of them, and I'm going character-by-character. So at the moment every page in the chapter is in-progress.

On with the statistics!

Time elapsed since comic debut (1/1/2009): 231 days.
Pages posted: 99.
Average days per page: 2.33.

Time elapsed since start of work (10/26/2008): 298 days.
Pages planned: 309 (42.2%) (0.96 days per page)
Pages sketched: 142 (19.4%) (2.10)
Pages drawn: 115 (15.7%) (2.59)
Pages complete: 114 (15.6%) (2.61)
Pages posted: 99 (13.5%)

Hopefully I'll have everything drawn out by the time chapter 4 ends. Until next time!