Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Woohoo! Here is a thread I've been looking forward too.
Lemniskate has done this jaw droppingly fantastic picture of the Ano-Chee Shaman Skatterpod, looking very wise.

Foxtacular!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

This is not quite fan art, but I cant think where else to put it, so what the heck!
Bittenbymonk has being doing a fun Drunk Duck Top Trumps game, where everyone gets to make a card for one of their characters, to make a whacky deck of misfits.
Check it out here-http://www.drunkduck.com/Drunkduck_Top_Trumps_a_community_project/
Here is my contribution, card number 8, Shogun-

The picture is clearly lifted from the pages of Harkovast, the card layout is by Bittenbymonk.
If you have a comic, why not have a go at making one yourself?

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Shogun is an angry chappy sometimes, and nothing gets him riled up more then evil.
BAD EVIL!
Bittenbymonk has done a remarkably funny rendition of Shogun in action.

Man, that is one pissed off tabby!

Lemniskate
Lemniskate
Posted at

Bad evil makes me nervous, too ;)

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Which is better-
Hidden Fang Katanna or Red Light Saber?
Short of a fight, there is only one way to find out….

Thankyou to Warefish for settling this age old debate, and providing more brilliant fan art.(I hope the image shows up okay on the forum).
I'm very keen on stickman Shogun. Order of the Stick eat your heart out.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

As Mr John Cleese once warned us- and now for something completely different.
DeepCheese drew this excellent, rather Manga-ish vision of Shogun and some helpers, looking tremendously heroic.
It was done as part of the Drunk Duck Secret Santa community project (which everyone should join because it is great fun).

I love the way here Shogun is drawn in a completely different style and yet it is completely obvious who he is supposed to be. Brilliant!

warefish
warefish
Posted at

I hope the image shows up okay on the forum.
It's a tad bit small, and thus the text is small too…
But it's ok 'cause I don't think they get any bigger in these forums. Thanks again, Harkovast! :D

@ DeepCheese: Whoa! Awesome, dude!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Warefish, I will see if I can repost it a bit bigger so it is easier to read.
But you can see stick man Shogun and isn't that the main thing?
Order of the stick vs order of the vast.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Another fan art! Hooray!
This one is by ejb, who is clearly a very talented artist.
Interestingly, this picture was done before the old Knight in the Church was revealed. Great minds think alike I suppose!
Anyway, the Darsai have lots of knights, and they are a brave, fierce, often insane, battle scared bunch! So this guy would fit right in. He looks completely mental. Mind you, he is in a pretty stressful situation.
I also love the unseen horde of Nameless he is fending off, reaching menacingly into the picture. Scarey stuff!

Fantastic stuff!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Bittenbymonk brings us another classic comedy image.
It appears after all these pictures of heroic characters, Uper Dave has taken it upon himself to even the score and become-
Uper Nameless!
Unfortunately, I don't think Uper Dave bothered to read up to the point where Shogun shows up, as he does not seem to have prepared for the inevitable response!

Dave, the last guy to wear that outfit was 15 feet tall and he still got stabbed in the head! What are you doing? Don't you know how Shogun feels about Bad Evil?
Thanks bittenbymonk! Excellent stuff!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

The tests have been completed, all the results are in, and I can now confirm that Harkovast fans rule!
I was utterly impressed that people drew fan art of the characters, then I was even more impressed at cross overs, parodies and characters people had made up themselves who fit perfectly.
But Lemniskate has managed to up the bar even further.
How you ask?
He has drawn fan art for a race who have not actually officially featured yet.
So ladies and gentleman I give you a special sneak peak of the people of steel and life-
The Tsung-Dao.

Bear in mind this is based entirely on what he has picked up from brief mentions of them in the comic and the one that appeared in the christmas special and you should be able to grasp why I am so impressed.
*falls off chair due to over dose of awesome*

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Fighting Nameless is difficult! There are a lot of them for starters. A lot of them have really big suits of armour and some of them are down right huge!
Fortunately help is on it's way in this excellent fan art by Zaymac, where Bear, the main character from Bear VS Zombies has jumped in to lend a hand/paw!

Mrs Vast was especially impressed with the attention to detail on Shogun and the transparancy of the energy swords.
Fantastic stuff!

Click here if you want to see Bear's on going battles with the undead (and if you don't want to see a bear killing zombies, what the hell is wrong with you?)-
http://www.drunkduck.com/Bear_Versus_Zombies/index.php

zaymac
zaymac
Posted at

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you and Mrs. Vast like it. I thought making the energy swords translucent would look pretty cool, the leaping cat has one too, but it's hard to tell with the Backdrop that I did. Overall I was happy with it.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I love seeing the characters reimagined in a different style.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Ki has stirred things up in Harkovast, with his cool entrance, strange powers and casual,arrogant attitude to everyone around him.
So it is long over due for him to get some awesome fan art!
Confusedsoul is a tremendously talented artist and has made an absolutely fantastic picture of Ki emerging from the flames!

Fantastic stuff!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Here is a rather adorable Darsai from Niccea.
Don't you just want to give him a hug?

and to follow it up, here are some small images she did that you can use as an avatar on DD (and show the world your love of the Vast)

Here is a little Ki portrait-

and here is a little Scatterpod

She also did her own avatar in some Harkovast gear-

And here is some she has dispensed some excellent Darsai wisdom-

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Chris Wastewater has done a couple of extremely funny (and very well drawn and nicely coloured) fan art.
In the first one we learn that there is only one important rule in the Nameless army…

Judging from the second comic, I could use Sir Muir round at my house.

Mrs Vast was especially keen on these two, I think they might be her favourite fan art so far. We were very impressed by the attention to detail (such as the colours on the priestesses.)
So well done!

RED_NED
RED_NED
Posted at

Haha the nameless one made me chuckle, twas inspired.
Maybe sir muir will get his own show, "Sir Muir'll Fix It" or "Sir Muir the Tool man Taylor"

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

The courage of the Darsai knights is often all that keeps the Nameless armies of the West in check.
D_Dude has sent in this awesome picture of a heroic Darsai forcing the Nameless to withdraw from the battle, but clearly he is still eager for more!

I love the hand still gripping the axe in the background, that's a very nice touch.
Well done D_Dude and thank you for this awesome picture!

D_Dude
D_Dude
Posted at

Looks awesome with the enhanced colours.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I went in an strengthened the colours on D_Dude's fan art using photoshop (just explaining to everyone else.)
When you scan images they always look a bit washed out till you darken them a little in my experience.

Lemniskate
Lemniskate
Posted at

Oh no! I never would've thought this of Scatterpod! I'm traumatized… ;)

Posted at

Oh no! I never would've thought this of Scatterpod! I'm traumatized… ;)

Yeah, turns out she's got a bit of a wild streak in her. Who woulda thunk it?

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

(Do I even have to say that WordWeavers views on Scatterpod are not canon?)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.