Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I am reposting the up to date map here, so we can start bringing some order to all this chaos.

D_Dude
D_Dude
Posted at

Nicely done. I love homemade maps.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Oh thanks, I'm glad you like it.
It will be fun when all these places start featuring as the comic progresses.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Here is the new expanded map, including Jaydia, the Eslum home islands.

Hope you enjoy it!

Renard
Renard
Posted at

Does this mean we can expect some adventures to the north in the near future?

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Wow! That was a quick response renard.
Do you have some kind of alerter for this forum or something?
Your diligence is impressive.

The map was posted here just for the sake of completeness, its not a sign of where things are going in the immediate future.
The plot WILL go north (and possibly in other directions too) but the time frame for this is pretty broad.

What I love about this map is that I know what all the names on it mean.
I just noticed an oversight…the large river in he Knarl Empire is called the River Knarlet.
I'll add that on when I get chance.

Renard
Renard
Posted at

Nah, I like to check my Flickr account, BBC, and your forum when I get off work. I don't want to miss anything important.

It makes sense not to have the plot take the characters North yet, we've hardly seen Vellastrom properly.

Do you plan on having part of the plot take place in the West? I'd imagine that would be a long way off from now.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I think the story will pretty much cover most of the important locations of Harkovast given enough time.
I wouldn't want to make something cool up and not show it to you.

Renard, I wish I had more readers so committed!
Don't suppose you've got any friends looking for webcomics to read?

Renard
Renard
Posted at

Not really; a lot of the people I know are rednecks, I'm surprised they even read at all.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Curses!
But your support is still much appreciated.
The knowledge that you check my forum so much makes me feel a bit bad I don't put more stuff on here.

Renard
Renard
Posted at

Feeling guilty eh? Think you ought to post more on here?

I like the direction that this is going in.

Posted at

I couldn't help noticing a territory inside the Knarl Empire called "Tolpish Homelands". Does that area have anything to do with the Golta calling all non-Golta, Tolpish?

Canuovea
Canuovea
Posted at

Gives me the sense that the Tolpish once controlled a lot more than what they currently do! Well, if there are any left… and if there are I'm betting they don't control much. Unless they are the Knarl… Or they control the Knarl!

Oh, and as to what Ki said about the Zadakine. Can't trust those Carthaginians! Never could!… er, sorry, that's the Roman in me… uh, I meant: Yup, pretty close to the West there, aren't they? Probably likely enough for contact with the evilies.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

If you check the Golta background, there is some information about how the Tolpish left Vellastrom on mass and went to Jaydia. There they travelled for a long time before settling on the Eastern side of Jaydia. The Tolpish are a hardy race of survivors, and manage to prosper even in the face of adversity.
Beyond this, I dont want to get too much into detail…not yet anyway.

With regard to Zadakine, an article on their culture should be coming (reasonably) soon.

Posted at

Oh, and as to what Ki said about the Zadakine. Can't trust those Carthaginians! Never could!… er, sorry, that's the Roman in me… uh, I meant: Yup, pretty close to the West there, aren't they? Probably likely enough for contact with the evilies.
I figured that the Zadakine either saw an opportunity to work with the nameless and allow them to establish a beachhead on their lands, or that they've already been conquered by the nameless and are now serving them.

Either theory is reasonable in my head, at least, since the Zedakin lands are of the most westward territory of Vellastrom, and thus the likeliest to first come in contact with the Nameless, as they come traveling from their lands.

…Makes me wonder how the Brorg-Dao have faired against the nameless.

Canuovea
Canuovea
Posted at

Nah, you just don't mess with the Brorg-Dao… they're Vikings after all!

But yeah, I wonder about them too.

I also notice that the Zadakine have a large island as well as territory on the mainland. This makes me wonder what the differences between the two zones are… could be important.

So… the Tolpish are hardy and have been kicked about yet still manage to prosper… sounds like a diaspora… they wouldn't be culturally based on Judaism or the Jews, would they? Just a thought, as it may fit…

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I do love all this wild mass guessing.
An article on the Zadakine will be coming in the near future, which will hopefully serve to clarify a lot of these issues.

Canuovea is right about one thing though, you deffinitely dont want to mess with the Brorg-Dao!
The Brorg-Dao are probably the most hated race in all of Vellastrom (discounting the nameless.) Even the Zadakine have better P.R. than those guys.

RED_NED
RED_NED
Posted at

Hopefully the brorg-dao will get to explain their side of the story! They have needs just like everyone else :D

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

NEEEEEDS!

(Hooray for me and RED_NED and our private joke.)

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Here is a map of the White KIngdom (cause why not?)

And here is a map of all of Harkovast as it currently stands. (though a few more small islands might be added here and there, this is all the major land masses.)

This image will probably be far too small so here is a link to see the full sized version.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Harkovast/gfx/Map of Harkovast entire.jpg

I wonder if this will raise any questions…

Renard
Renard
Posted at

So the only landmasses divided into different nations is Velastrom and the lands to the North?

Why is the White kingdom one nation (through conquest, collaboration, or a combonation thereof)?

I still can't help but picture The West as being anything but heavily industrialized urban areas with nothing but desolation in between (that's a mighty nice bay they have there, perfect for protected shipyards). Would that be far off the mark?

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

The West has been completely taken over by the King in the West so all falls under his rule.
With regard to what you would find in the West…time will tell!

The White Kingdom was made into a unified nation a long time ago (this is mentioned on the time line elsewhere on the forum) but is not quite as unified sometimes as it appears on the surface. The Wu-Yao are loath to accept any authority so their membership tends to be more of a formality. Meanwhile, the masked horde have recently begun open rebellion, with thousands of Suss riding archers rampaging across the countryside.
The Yulbax always resent the Chang, who they feel look down on them as unsophisticated yokels, but are aware of the benefits being in the White Kingdom brings, so don't want to rock the boat too much.

D_Dude
D_Dude
Posted at

Meanwhile, the masked horde have recently begun open rebellion, with thousands of Suss riding archers rampaging across the countryside.
Nothing like a horde of not-mongols to spice things up.

Also
The Yulbax
FINALLY!! I was on the verge of going through every single page of the forum, word by word.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Oooh I sense the competition is hotting up!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.