- HU Commander's office
- UN chopper

Locations to be handled individually:

- Federal prison (pgs. 8 & 9)
- HU interrogation room (pgs. 5 & 6)
- HU hospital room (pgs. 7 & 9)
- Warehouse storage area (pgs. 11-14)
- Downtown NY (climax)
- Farm exteriors & interiors (pgs. 1 & 2)

(For full size of the images below: right-click & "show image" (or whatever the opening window says in your language))

legacyhero's character Quantum:

fukujinzuke's design for Alicia/Fury:

Additional sketches for Alicia/Fury by myself:

I'd like to emphasize that Fury's size correlates with her emotional state (the angrier the bigger, similar to The Hulk in the Ang Lee movie), so I drew a more bulky version here. Please note that Fury is like a walking rock of magma, each movement causes the hardened surface to crack and hot lava to erupt/spill from the cracks.

The Impractical Mr Imp (depicted by myself, bottom right is the original design by Wes_Nero123:

Mr Imp is a shapeshifter, so I quickly sketched some alternative looks here too. As is pointed out by Wes_Nero123 himself, "anything that he takes the shape of still has his eyes and his trademark grin on it".

Tempest_Lavalle's and my own designs for Archangel:

Wherever my and her designs contradict each other
(the neck part of the cape and the boots, I think): Please go with mine (the colored ones top left) - I'm the boss, after all ;-) Regarding the back of the cape/cloak: There's another "omega" sign on, just like Tempest drew it, same size as the one on his chest.

Alicia's father, designed/depicted by myself:

Bombshell's office outfit, designed/depicted by fukujinzuke:

Reference for The Blonde Marvel, designed/depicted by darrellsan:

The HU Commander, designed/depicted by myself, based on Qsama's original design:

Brad
Brad
Posted at

I used some creative liberties. Let me know if I designed him wrong before I start Agent #2. I'm thinking Agent #2 should be a mix of Mike Tyson (Pre-Tatoo Face) and Barry Bonds. A friendly big guy.

Posted at

Sorry if this is already written down somewhere, but how tall is Fury? Compared to… say, Quantum?

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Fury would change size according to how, uh, furious he/she/it is, but I'd say at least 7' 5" (2,30 m) - that would roughly be Fury's size on your and the following pages.

Posted at

Thanks. One more question- does Quantum feature in another comic? I'd quite like to see how he talks and what attitude he has. Also, how does he view Fury? (This is just so I can nail the dialogue in my pages).

legacyhero
legacyhero
Posted at

Thanks. One more question- does Quantum feature in another comic? I'd quite like to see how he talks and what attitude he has. Also, how does he view Fury? (This is just so I can nail the dialogue in my pages).

This is Quantum's online debut, although I've been drawing him since the late 80's.

He gained control of a huge corporation in his mid-20's, so feels a lot of pressure to be in control and serious in his role as CEO of Rutger Industries.

Being Quantum gives him an opportunity to cut loose and have some fun. Not in a clownish, joking way, but just more relaxed.

In battles he's used to going up against strong opponents, and uses his strength accordingly. Fury's size wouldn't intimidate him, but her/it's appearance would take him back a bit.

Although he's well educated, there is a bit of the footballer in him.

I like to pepper his speech with some "Australianisms". Very basic stuff.
A "Crikey!" or "Blimey!" to show surprise. "G'day","Bloke", "Mate". He might describe Fury in her demonic form as being "ugly as a bush pig."

Any other phrases you choose to use should be fine, as long as they're not too obscure for us Yanks.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Quick schematics for the HU Commander's UN office:

On the wall behind/above the Commander's head hangs a framed reproduction of "Pastoral" by Henri Matisse:

The Commander's office is located somewhere in the middle (both regarding top/bottom and left/right) of the UN HQ above the main entrance (meaning she doesn't see the Hudson river from her window). I've had a hard time finding good photos, please tell me if you found better ones.

So she would be looking in the direction of the last photo.

EDIT:

fukujinzuke sent me the link to this one:

I think it's what the Commander what see if she stood in front of the windows and turned right (of course she wouldn't see it from ground level, but…)

legacyhero
legacyhero
Posted at

Has there been any consensus on Archangel's hair?
The examples here vary, and each hairstyle gives the character a different sort of feel.

Any preferences?
Or do I just go with yours, because you're the boss?

Tempest_Lavalle's and my own designs for Archangel:

Wherever my and her designs contradict each other (the neck part of the cape and the boots, I think): Please go with mine - I'm the boss, after all ;-) Regarding the back of the cape/cloak: There's another "omega" sign on, just like Tempest drew it, same size as the one on his chest.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Sorry if that's been unclear - Yup, my designs (the colored ones top left) are the consensus. The other ones are just meant to illustrate his look, but these should be disregarded wherever they contradict the top left model. Please also compare the cover (going live today) for Archangel's look.

AzuJOD
AzuJOD
Posted at

A "Crikey!" or "Blimey!" to show surprise. "G'day","Bloke", "Mate". He might describe Fury in her demonic form as being "ugly as a bush pig."

Any other phrases you choose to use should be fine, as long as they're not too obscure for us Yanks.

Coming form an actual Australian, I would recommend that you don't overuse the Australian slang. Younger Australians use less "Australianisms" than older ones, unless they're "bogans" (Australian rednecks) or they're making fun of them.

Thought you should know…

legacyhero
legacyhero
Posted at

Coming form an actual Australian, I would recommend that you don't overuse the Australian slang. Younger Australians use less "Australianisms" than older ones, unless they're "bogans" (Australian rednecks) or they're making fun of them.

Thought you should know…

I figured as much.
But I always enjoyed the way Captain Boomerang spoke when he was in The Suicide Squad. (although he was a bit of a low-life.) Thought a hint of it couldn't hurt.

If you can make any suggestions on things a younger Australian might say, That would be a great help.

I'd hate to think that America has so corrupted the rich and colorful Aussie language, that all anyone there says is "Cool" and "Awesome".

Posted at

Thanks for the info, legacy and Azu.

Posted at

Agent #2 in my attempt to follow Brad's original concept.

Posted at

Used this chopper for reference:

It seemed like a more reasonably sized chopper for practical use on city street landings than the mission chopper that shows up in most UN helicopter search results.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.