Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Heroes Unite: Fury

Info

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

"Fury" originally started as a short story meant to bridge the gap between the first Salvation short and The Darkness Within (HU#4), but grew into a full chapter of 22 pgs. along the way.

Info for artists:

The 1st draft of the script was sent out Feb 4th. The 2nd draft was sent out Feb 24th. Whoever has been assigned pages on the list below but hasn't received it, please contact me.

All artists who are reading their assignments, please post right now so I know you're working on your pages!

Page assignments:

Pg. 1: literacysuks1 done
Pg. 2: Abt_Nihil done
Pg. 3: fukujinzuke done
Pg. 4: Roar Comics done
Pgs. 5 & 6: Tempest_Lavalle done
Pg. 7: Hero done
Pg. 8: Qsama done
Pg. 9: Hero done
Pg. 10: darrellsan, legacyhero, Abt_Nihil done
Pgs. 11 & 12: Dumok done
Pgs. 13 & 14: legacyhero done
Pg. 15: MrHades done
Pgs. 16, 17: MonkeyMafia done
Pg. 18: fukujinzuke done
Pg. 19: Wes_Nero123 done
Pg. 20: ironhand done
Pg. 21: melsr007 done
Pg. 22: Abt_Nihil done
Pg. 23: literacysuks1 done
Pg. 24: Abt_Nihil done
Pg. 25: Tempest_Lavalle done
Pg. 26: fukujinzuke done
Pg. 27: legacyhero done
Pg. 28: fukujinzuke done
Pg. 29: Tempest_Lavalle responded/working
Pg. 30: Tempest_Lavalle responded/working

Please note that it's noon & sunny throughout most of the script (except pgs. 1, 2, 29 & 30, that is).

Page size/resolution & lettering:
Please send me the highest resolution of your file you are willing to give me. This spares me a lot of work in case this chapter will be printed later on (like EGO was) (I take it you're all OK with it being printed eventually). Width/height ratio should be roughly like a standard US comic book. You can either do the lettering yourself, or send me the unlettered page and I will do it for you.

Brad
Brad
Posted at

Hey Jo, How about a list of characters to start making some advertisement fillers with? Maybe a brief story synopsis so we know the tone of the story to follow.

Posted at

Is 72DPI a good scan Quality for pages?

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

What really counts is the absolute pixel size. For instance, in order to get optimum printing quality, a pixel size of about 2000x3000 pixels would be in order. The best way to achieve that would be by scanning at 300 dpi, I think.

Posted at

Hey hey, just to let you know that I got the assignment and I'm looking forward to starting work on it. What's the deadline? I can't really start it right now due to a number of things including academic constraints and I'm also working on the current issue, but I'll get right on it asap. If the deadline is far away enough, would it be ok if I split my page into 2 pages?

I really dig all the character designs in this one. Mr Imp in particular looks great. And Bombshell is smokin'. The commander got a haircut! :o

@Wes_nero123:
If I decide to ink my pages by hand, I always scan at 300dpi to 200% size. After using threshold in Photoshop, I then scale it down from there, leaving a smoother line. Hope that helps, but probably doesn't. Basically minimum print resolution is 300dpi.

Posted at

I just got the message, and will begin ASAP!

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

MonkeyMafia: In a perfect world we'd update every other day, so your page would be two weeks away from the day I'll post the first one… and I hope I can post the first as soon as Titan's origin is complete… but I'd guess another two weeks or so. So, all in all, four weeks. Hope that's OK with you! If you need more time, just tell me and we'll work something out. And of course you can split your page into as many as you like! More MonkeyMafia = more awesome.

And I thought you might have fun with the character designs, especially Mr Imp (I sure had fun tweaking Wes_Nero123's original design!). I'm really sad you won't get to draw Bombshell though. She'll only be in two or three pages at the very end.

Regarding scanning pages, I thought I'd mention that I usually scan my pages at 600 dpi, so I can color them at twice the printing size. It helps with the color separations, and staying within ink lines.

Roar Comics: Thanks!

Brad
Brad
Posted at

Just started doing character mockups, hopefully I will be done with those this weekend for you. Posted Agent #1 in the characters thread.

Posted at

Hey, Abt! How's the second half of the script going? Just curious so I can straighten and prioritize my tasks between Fury, Waking Storm, SHELL, and HU Adventures.

Nepath gave me the heads up on Waking Storm, which I'll have some pages for, I'm currently working on an HU adventures issue, and SHELL issue 6 work will start soon after that, so I'm just trying to figure out the timing of everything I've committed to.

Posted at

Got the mail.

I'm working on my page now.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

I have the script for my page (Page 20)
I can probably have it to you by the end of next week, maybe earlier…not too long away anyway, I'm sure.

melsr007
melsr007
Posted at

Got the script within the two day I will lock myself in my room and go to work on it :-) (Page 21)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.