Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

How is it /not/ cliche?

Posted at

Yes, it's a webcomic. Yes, it's a band of adventurers. Yes, it's based on D&D. Yes, it uses the Order of the Stick style of art.

In other words: I know that at its most basic facts, this comic does not shine with creativity. That devil will have to be weaved into the details. My goal isn't to create a new OotS or something to rival the cleverness of xkcd nor the popularity of Penny Arcade. If I make something that some people find entertaining and two dozen people read loyally, I will be thrilled.

This is not to say that I'm going to get lazy. I realize that regular updates, work to continually improve my art, and attention to creating actual humor is vital. As I do each strip, I work to slowly introduce the characters' personalities and world, so that hopefully it will soon be clear what makes it different than any old fantasy setting.

I do appreciate constructive criticism as well as praise. I'm not going to get annoyed if you say "The speech bubbles on comic #x are very squished" or "Nothing yet compels me to keep up with this comic." In fact, if would be most useful! I want to improve, not just stroke my own ego. Thanks in advance!

Posted at

Eh. Don't worry about it too much. You're certainly not the first comic too start using the Order of the stick art.

Here check out this one. It's pretty funny.

Posted at

Here check out this one. It's pretty funny.

I'm actually a regular reader of Anti-Heroes, but thanks for the link! It is quite good. :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.