Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Heroes Alliance: Step 1

ZananIV
ZananIV
Posted at

I'm not sure of the proper procedure for "handing in" scripts, but everyone else has a topic =P. If an artist wants to work on this or see the script, feel free to ask.

Hero's Original Concept:

Dinosaurs being revived by an evil magical cult and empowered with vast mystical powers in a bid to lay siege to the American countryside and purge it of disbelievers? (3)

Altered Summary:

A charismatic extremist, believing that there needs to be a "balance of power" among metahumans, manipulates a child into despising the Heroes Alliance while teaching him to master his vast powers. He does this so that the child can one day stand against the Alliance and "keeep them in check". He uses the cult for their ability to bring the bones to him. The living beings that once inhabited these bones can be revived by the child, and the resulting monsters are used to assault a nearby city. Blue Jay, Peligroso, Kain The White Shadow, and Shadow Fox come to the rescue, but are completely unaware of who was behind the incident. HA launches an investigation, and Peligroso, Kain, and Shadow Fox begin the HA recruitment process.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

I'm not sure of the proper procedure for "handing in" scripts, but everyone else has a topic =P.
Probably depends on how much discussing we need to do :D If you basically just need artists and approval to use the characters, a separate thread might not be necessary. But let's just see for now…

Also, there's no "proper procedure", and you shouldn't be afraid to just do what seems most reasonable to do. Chances are you'll improve the way we handle things :P

(I just edited my post on the "What is Heroes Alliance?" thread to address the "proper procedure" matter.)

Posted at

I can vouch that his story is pretty well, he captured Peligroso very well and the story itself was enjoyable.

KainKnine
KainKnine
Posted at

Wow, I'm honored that you want to use Kaine. I can't wait to see this story in comic form!

Jules
Jules
Posted at

Yeah this gets my stamp of approval. Good writing!

ZananIV
ZananIV
Posted at

All creators have given their approval now. So I just need to get an artist on board now?

ZananIV
ZananIV
Posted at

32. I can shorten it if that's to long.

Posted at

In that case, I think you're definately going to need more than one artist.

ZananIV
ZananIV
Posted at

I've got one artist so far. Any chance I can get a tentative deadline?

Meechi
Meechi
Posted at

Yes, if there's at least some kind of deadline in place, and if it's decent, I may be able to do more than 2-4 pages. ZananIV's story is interesting enough that I would want to do most, if not all the story if at all possible :).

Posted at

That be pretty sweet Meechi.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Yes, that would definitely be cool. As for a deadline, I'd like to update HA #1-3 in one sweep, if possible. So it would be at least four to five months before we can begin uploading anything else. If HA #3 takes longer to finalize, we might have some additional space to upload stuff in about three months.

Meechi
Meechi
Posted at

I guess my thought didn't come across clearly. I wanted to know where this particular story fall on the timeline, or if it's in a particular issue?

ZananIV
ZananIV
Posted at

1) That'd be absolutely awesome!

2) Team building says that Blue Jay joins the team in Issue # 3. Since he is already on the team prior to this issue, it should probably take place a few months afterward, when the "dust has settled" and Blue Jay becomes a key part of the team. However, I'm not the authority on the timeline.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Ah. I just read "deadline". Okay, as for the timeline, ZananIV is right - placing it before chaper 3 wouldn't make much sense, but since I'm still writing chapter 3 I could accomodate any necessary changes. Still, the best thing to do would be to place the story after ch. 3.

Meechi
Meechi
Posted at

Okay, gotcha. I've already started working on laying out the pages for this and actually just finished the cover if anyone cares to take a look. To boost my gallery full of sequential pages over at DA, I'll be posting some in progress shots without dialogue to not spoil the story. Here's a link to the finished cover

Posted at

Cool Job on the cover Meechi :D

ZananIV
ZananIV
Posted at

It's been a while. Meechi, are you planning on doing (some or all of) this? I know you are busy with a lot of your own comic work, so I understand if your answer is "no." I just want to know.

Meechi
Meechi
Posted at

Hey ZananIV, just got your message in my Inbox. I haven't been around The Duck lately, but very much involved with this. However, I'll be taking a more subdued involvement in it, so to speak. You can count me in for a new, updated cover and a few pages (possibly intro, we'll see about that). 

ZananIV
ZananIV
Posted at

^ Even though you've got work of your own? Thank you! I'm grateful, Meechi. If anyone else is up for drawing a few of the other pages, I'll gladly PM you my script.

Meechi
Meechi
Posted at

Yea, no problem. I've enjoyed working with everyone here on HA. It's certainly been a life changing experience on my road to my passion. I not only want to create on my own, but with others. 

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.