Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Please post here if you're interested in writing future chapters for Heroes Alliance. You can also state any preferences (preferred length of your stories, subject, characters, etc.). By posting here you are not committing yourself in any way, everything specific will be discussed.
What you can expect from being a writer on Heroes Alliance:
You'll either write a script based on rough ideas supplied by other creators (to be discussed here in the forums), or you'll get to make up your own story from scratch.
EDIT:
Applications so far:
- Sebastian Sandberg
- Emmzee
- Hero
- AzuJOD
- Wes_Nero123
- mind_reader
- 7he_7ruth
- WurrD
- shastab24
- SympleSymon
- BSP_Curt
- dcole
- ZananIV
- sux
- Empty Brooke
- Byth1
- DevanMuse
- Phantom64
- Escutcheon
- ironhand
- Koikoi
- SalviB
- Eric_blitz
- mind_reader
- JimHarbor

Posted at

I can go both ways as writer/artist.

As for length, I don't really have any limit. The longer the story though, the longer the wait for the chapter to be finished at the script part. I'm flexible in many ways, so throw just about anything my way. As for ratings, which age group are we trying to reach out to, and which age group are we trying to scare away? XD

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Thanks for offering to contribute!

Rating-wise I think we should aim for something DC or Marvel would sell. Or a superhero show on TV like JLU. I should add that there were one or two instances on HU where I changed some four-letter-words to something less offensive. Nudity and violence have to be justified in terms of the story and not too explicit.

Emmzee
Emmzee
Posted at

I can write virtually anything, any length as long as I'm not artificially stretching it out to meet some arbitrary length requirement.

I'm always looking for new stuff to write, and this would be a perfect opportunity for me to continue fine-tuning my writing and it would give me something to do as well.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

I would love to give writing Heroes Alliance a chance. I'd probably be best at banging out something medium sized like 10-15 pages.

AzuJOD
AzuJOD
Posted at

I'm interested in writing for Heroes Alliance. Possibly something medium sized. I've got a few ideas already…

Posted at

Seems the numbers have increased enough for an eventual first chapter. Here's hoping the numbers keeps growing this quickly. ;)

Thanks for offering to contribute!

Rating-wise I think we should aim for something DC or Marvel would sell. Or a superhero show on TV like JLU. I should add that there were one or two instances on HU where I changed some four-letter-words to something less offensive. Nudity and violence have to be justified in terms of the story and not too explicit.

I see… So we can basically go as high as PG-13? That works fine by me. ^^

Posted at

I'd love to write with this. I could start writing up a scrap script now if necessary and then keep it there until we have a full thing going.

7he_7ruth
7he_7ruth
Posted at

I could write some scripts, I've had a few ideas bobbing around in my head anyway.

WurrD
WurrD
Posted at

Hello All!
I'm a writer, very interested in this project :) would be my first webcomic.
I can write any length, and have many ideas floating around (its what i hope to do for a living sometime soon) and whatever characters you throw at me i'm sure i can do something with aswell. I plan on contributing a hero and villain at somepoint soon as well :)

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

I would like to throw my hat in the ring, as well. Though I have no preference in length, I will make two quick points: stories by me take as long as they take, so that can mean short or long, as I don't like to pad or cut, and I write in a more film-script format that does not break anything down into panels, as at is easier for me and I feel gives artists more creative freedoms.

Posted at

I have now sent a first draft script for part 1 of the pilot to Abt_Nihil. Expect updates soon, people.

Posted at

Oh, now you know I was down for this from Day One - what happened, you forget lil ol me…?

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Oh, now you know I was down for this from Day One - what happened, you forget lil ol me…?
Can you ever forgive us? T_T

…wait a minute, you're saying you missed the ad on HU? My endless begging for participation and such? Hmmmmm… suspicious.

Posted at

Wait, there was begging now? *runs off to check* Oh….is that what it was? :P

But yes, thou art forgiven, Little One…

ZananIV
ZananIV
Posted at

Your ad said you wanted writers, is this still true? I might be looking to work on a script like this if I can.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Your ad said you wanted writers, is this still true? I might be looking to work on a script like this if I can.
Also, if you're still looking for writers I would be willing to help out.
There are basically two ways to go about this: You either apply for one of the story ideas we were discussing in the "Stories & Storylines" thread (I know, it's massive by now, but I numbered all story ideas - just look for the bold numbers) or you go there and pitch something of your own (There are characters from different webcomics whom you'd have always liked to see in the same story? Or an interesting plot idea you'd like to see in comic form?).

Remember that your script is much more likely to be realized if you can convince some artists that it's worth it! I might be the editor here, but nobody's forced to write or draw anything he's not enthusiastic about. Rather, I'm here to funnel the pre-existing enthusiasm into something cohesive & coherent :P

ZananIV
ZananIV
Posted at

After taking a look at the high quality work this project has already produced, I know I want to get involved! I'd prefer 15-20 page (or shorter is fine if there's no room) stories, hopefully dealing with a few secondary characters.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

After taking a look at the high quality work this project has already produced, I know I want to get involved! I'd prefer 15-20 page (or shorter is fine if there's no room) stories, hopefully dealing with a few secondary characters.
Glad to have you on board! Remember, we're not giving out assignments here - you either pick a story on the stories/storylines thread (which I see you already did :P), or you pitch a new idea. So length and scope is entirely up to you - and that goes for any writer interested in working on HA.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.