Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

From Tete-a-tete to Bally-Who?

elmatto
elmatto
Posted at

I decided I'd make this post to benefit those who happen to like Bally-who and have never seen my work before. There's a bit of background between the 2 lead characters in this comic. That background is derived from their time in the now DEAD comic, Tete-a-tete.
But I'll continue with that later in this post.
There was a time(and I regret some of it) when I was rather involved in the sonic the hedgehog community.
I worked on Fireball20xl's Chaos Diamonds for a time…and then went on to do my own Sonic fan comic…tete-a-tete. It was a comic that celebrated what sonic used to be…and frequently took jabs at what he had recently become. As it progressed I introduced my own non-sonic characters. Matt was there at the beginning, and Bert came later. Bert was actually created due to my love for the now deceased Bruce Lee, as well as my love for fighting games. Bert was, in tete-a-tete, just another Bruce Lee inspired fighting game character. His game was canceled and he was looking for work. Thus he arrived on the shores of tete-a-tete.
Things started to take off, but soon came to a crashing halt.
As the comic continued….I grew increasingly bored, and irritated at the fact that the comic was riding on Sonics popularity. Not to mention I was growing increasingly cynical towards the state of the Sonic fanbase in general. I was bored of the character, and I was growing up. I wanted to do my own thing.
Eventually there was bally-who…where I decided I'd throw these two characters into a world that parodied what webcomics were, and still are.
So here is tete-a-tete. I can hardly stand to look at it anymore…as my art back in the day was awful. But if you wish to experience that little bit of history…be my guest.
http://sonicverseteam.net/comics/fan/tete/index.html

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

So will Matt do the hidden subconscious thing when his hat is off?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.