Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
The Webcomic Review Forum for the Webcomic Review Comic on the Web

Billy Learns to Rock

simonitro
simonitro
Posted at

Hello, this is the creator of Billy Learns To Rock.

I would like to thank you for the review on BLTR!

Well, I do agree that my past art was horrible but now, I'm trying to improve it and it is taking me some time. In late 2008, I did go to an art school in Vancouver and it is a one year program and they taught me the basics and I'm building upon them. Art does take time to become better and it is, literally, kicking my own ass. From the look of things, you assume it takes minutes to make a page but recently, I'm putting more effort to at least show that there is some hard work is being put on. Besides, Billy's head is round because I WANTED IT to be round. I mean, it is easy to put a chin but I decided not to. Besides, he looks clumsier this way.

About the story, I do agree about my dialogue. They were terrible but I'm trying to be subtle with it in the recent pages. The entire story is going to be around 65 to 70 chapters long that so many things that would happen and most of it is planned out. The humor approach I'm taking from the old cartoon's way. Why? because no one is doing it anymore. The humor of today is friggin' boring. You don't see anvils falling onto people's head. So, some of the humor in the comic is somewhat of a tribute to the old cartoon style like Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, and so on. I don't think there should be a probalem with it. That's why I'm not a big fan of cartoons like Family Guy, The Simpsons or any animated sitcoms, they are boring. The humor is talk, talk, talk… it is a cartoon, and I prefer watching physical humor than boring shit like that. Besides, there will be SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO many changes into the story. It somewhat started on a brighter note but it will become SO dark that it would feel like reading something else.

You see, from the first issue and from mid-issue number 10, that was the old way I used to draw and comic but now, I'm taking it with a different approach to give a better feel to it. I want to go back at some point and fix the old issue but they take a whole lot of time and time is the most valuable thing for artists and comic authors.

Anyway, thanks a lot… this isn't a complaint or anything. It is a brief discussion and I hope, somehow, you did enjoy something or two with my comic.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Maybe you should look at redrawing/writing some of the earlier comics?
10 chapters is a LOT of substandard comic to get through before people will get to the improved parts.

Also (and this is an odd criticism) but you should stop having fights where Billy is winning, then the bad guy hits him from behind or cheats in some other way and starts to win.
That seems to happen to Billy with every single fight he is in!
You need to mix up the formula a bit more.
Later on I started to think Bily must just be an idiot because he falls for the same gimic everytime.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.