Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
The Webcomic Review Forum for the Webcomic Review Comic on the Web

Mr. Square

Posted at

You probably think you already know what I'm going to say here, don't you? DON'T YOU??

….well you're right.

Posted at

Well I saw the humor but didn't see why it was appraised so much.

It is, mainly, a cut and paste job.

I went browsing for a bit and did find these.

http://revfitz.com/msi81.html
http://revfitz.com/msi85.html

And yes I laughed at others.

A lot of jokes were about the comic itself like making fun of panel size or the background and such.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

The comic is trying to be funy and suceeds, the fat the art is simple is not a problem as it does not detract from some very funny writing.

People are telling me it is not handwritten text. If it isn't, the author should choose a new font, because the one he uses is far too hard to read, so the criticism still stands.

Posted at

The font was a bit much, but the pages' sizes came up a single time while Hark and I were looking it over, and it was more on account of the odd font than the page size itself. And while the art was a large part of the negative first impression, when the writing is good enough to pick up the slack, it really doesn't remain much of an issue; particularly when the art's simplicity can benefit the humor.

revfitz
revfitz
Posted at

-"I am The 1337 Master"

The horrible text in my comic is in fact my own handwriting converted to a font. I understand this does not make anything better.

The sizing issue is something I am working on, but there are 140+ web pages I must edit to improve them.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

I personally like the font, my only complaint is having to click to resize a page to a readable size.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

BFF Satan- The first priority for a font is readability.
Looking pretty is a secondary concern.

Though I don't think anyone would dispute how funny or well written the comic is.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

BFF Satan- The first priority for a font is readability.
Looking pretty is a secondary concern.
That's what I mean, maybe it's just because I have kinda messy hand writing myself but I haven't really had any legibility issues. I dunno, I guess if most people can't read it then it does suck.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Slightly off topic, but if any of you want to discuss this review, the Harkovast comic, or anything else with me- I'm on AIM as Harkovast.

Posted at

I'm not really a fan of gag-a-day comics,but I liked this one.
Art-clean and simple,but it suits the comic.I liked the sheep's design,and I was acctually really creeped out by him,in a good way
Humor-realy good,like you said,not always funny but it is very creative and unique.
Good kind of weird.
Characters-I agree with Hark,main character did get too depressive at times.

The overall dark,surreal atmosphere is perfect for my taste and it has a simple storyline to follow,so yeah,it was suprisingly good.

But the constant scrolling right,left and down KILLED ME.I find it ironic that the author's other hosting site has a normal font,readable font.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.