Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
The Webcomic Review Forum for the Webcomic Review Comic on the Web

Bear Versus Zombies

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

I'm fond of BvZ as a whole. My only wish is that the updates would come a bit sooner given the progress of the story, and that Bear himself was less of a backseat character in his own comic, especially compared to Duncan. That rabbit gets enormous amounts of face time. He's likable, but it's kind of over exposure too.

zaymac
zaymac
Posted at

I'm fond of BvZ as a whole. My only wish is that the updates would come a bit sooner given the progress of the story, and that Bear himself was less of a backseat character in his own comic, especially compared to Duncan. That rabbit gets enormous amounts of face time. He's likable, but it's kind of over exposure too.

I can understand your points. I am really gonna try and do more twice a week updates this year. :D And I also realize Bear is kind of taking a backseat a bit since we have been in flashback mode quite a bit.

I can see how some people think Duncan is overexposed. Some people claim that he's turned into my Mary Sue. :D But Bear is my favorite character, I think because I know how the story plays out, and that he's definitely gonna be the main guy once we've left flashback mode. (Which will be shortly)

Anyways, thanks for the nice review guys. And as a treat, I"ll provide a link to a PDF file of the 8 page minicomic that I made last year for Albany Comic Con. It's 8 pages of backstory and it's all Bear. :) http://www.bearvszombies.com/BVZero.pdf

Or if you want the physical copy, I have it for sale at IndyPlanet http://www.indyplanet.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3191 :)

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I can relate to the comment about Bear not getting enough screen time.
I dont want to complain too much, becuase Duncan is fucking awesome, but at the same time, I think we do need more of Bear laying the smack down (since it is his name in the title!)
Looking over it, I think Duncan has acutally been in the comic MORE then Bear so far.
This gives me the worry that Duncan will end up like Wolverine, so over used that everything that was cool about him starts to get irritating.
But no disrespect to Duncan, Duncan is fucking awesome!

But free BvZ comic on the forum? You can't argue with that!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.