Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

This Sucks

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

It's been two days since the burglary now, and I've got a lot to be thankful for but still overall everything just sucks. On the one hand, I did have everything backed up so I didn't lose any of my irreplaceable character files and scenes, which would have been devastating. On the other hand, I'm having to work now on my laptop, which is just awful. The shitty LED screen is tiny and doesn't show colors right. It especially has a problem with black. And all of my programs run (after a lot of tweaking and cursing), but they run slow and buggy.

So yeah, I'm almost back to where I was before losing my computer, but at the same time I'm far from there and never will be there again. It's depressing. I've taken a step backwards when this time last year I'd thought I'd be if anything using an even bigger and better machine rather than hunching over a tiny dim laptop display. I've really lost a lot of my enthusiasm for this project as a result. It used to be that getting to work on my comic was something to look forward to every day, but now it's a painful chore, and every little nagging thing this laptop does differently or more slowly than my old computer is just one more reminder of what I'll never have again. I'm so pissed and so depressed right now. It sucks. It all fucking sucks. I can't even view my own comic anymore the way it's supposed to look because this piece-of-shit monitor looks like it has plastic film over it all the time.

In time, I'll probably end up buying a new monitor (they're only like $150 for a decent one), but this laptop's still going to be slow and everything's still going to run buggy or not at all and I'm still going to be hating it. But oh well, what can I do!

Sorry for the rant; I'm just really not in a great mood right now. I'm going to try and get back up to speed with my comic, but it's not easy when you're basically working half-blind. Ugh.

Posted at

You get burglarized too much. I'll wipe my feet next time ~.~;

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

Just a quick update. It's been common knowledge in the neighborhood exactly who broke into my house, and were in fact breaking into a lot of houses in the area, but there was never enough info for the police to do anything about it. Well, a few weeks ago one of the two perps (they're brothers) was shot dead breaking into somebody's house on the street over from mine. I know it's wrong to feel good about people dying, but I can't help but get a little bit of satisfaction out of that. And who knows, just maybe it'll slow down the rate of burglaries we've been having around here lately (seems to have so far). It's pretty sad though that the cops couldn't do anything about it, and it ultimately came down to some cranky old dude with a gun to bring us some law and order, and maybe some small justice as well.

Fastmax
Fastmax
Posted at

I just read this forum entry.

YYAAAAHHHOOOOOOOO!!! Pissed of pistol packin' old dude got one.
Feel fucking good about it, El Cid. He victimized you and many others and probably far more people cause he got away with it.
And if it was his first burglary -its now his last.

Yeah, LIFE SUCKS! This incident sucks too. And so is the shock of coming home finding your hard earned shit stolen and gone.. -more than sucks!!
He wanted to maintain a negative social ethic. Well,-That's how the natural course dealt it back to him.
"Viva Vigilante!!" "Justice from my fist, if you fuck with my shit!"

Hey, you of all people should know, ..death is a part of our existence.

jerrie
jerrie
Posted at

El Cid wrote:
Just a quick update. It's been common knowledge in the neighborhood exactly who broke into my house, and were in fact breaking into a lot of houses in the area, but there was never enough info for the police to do anything about it. Well, a few weeks ago one of the two perps (they're brothers) was shot dead breaking into somebody's house on the street over from mine. I know it's wrong to feel good about people dying, but I can't help but get a little bit of satisfaction out of that. And who knows, just maybe it'll slow down the rate of burglaries we've been having around here lately (seems to have so far). It's pretty sad though that the cops couldn't do anything about it, and it ultimately came down to some cranky old dude with a gun to bring us some law and order, and maybe some small justice as well.
Hi El Cid. I feel bad about folks dying too, but damn! I get tired of folks robbing. IN my neighborhood, just a couple of weeks ago, they arrested a couple(the girl is 8months pregnant for gods sake) they were breaking in houses all over my neighborhood, and robbing. in one home they robbed, they beat up an old couple. the last house they robbed(two streets over from me)they were caught on a video system. thats how they were finally caught. damn…i know times are hard (i'm currently working 3 jobs trying to make it)but  if i'm working…others can work too, y'know? I get tired of seeing folks robbing and hurting folks, instead of going out and working to get money.(you should have saw the video of these two the news played. young heatlhy guy, and his girl…with her baby bump showing…breaking into a house.)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.