Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

About This Section

EssayBee
EssayBee
Posted at

For those wondering what they can/should post here . . .

This section is for any questions about Fusion, her world, the characters, plot, plot speculation, etc. You can also ask questions about the process of putting the comic together and my influences.

Basically, if your topic has to do with the comic, either on the page or behind the scenes, feel free to post it here.

sano91
sano91
Posted at

I am a fan of your work since the first episode. I enjoy Pharaohmoan. Are you planning to show him in the third episode?Will he play a role of a sidekick for Fusion?
FRACTURE is the archenemy of Fusion?They look like eviltwins for each other.

EssayBee
EssayBee
Posted at

I am a fan of your work since the first episode. I enjoy Pharaohmoan. Are you planning to show him in the third episode?Will he play a role of a sidekick for Fusion?
FRACTURE is the archenemy of Fusion?They look like eviltwins for each other.

Ha! You hit on major plot developments for the entire series.

Without being too spoilerish . . .

I'm really glad you like Pharaohmoan. Harold is Savunn's best friend, so he will come to be a major character as the story progresses. Unfortunately, he won't show up again until probably the 5th issue. He might show up briefly in Issue #4, but I don't think he will (but I still haven't finished writing it, so who knows). However, he is definitely NOT in Issue #3. Sorry! Issue 3 will introduce 2 new significant characters however. As for whether he'll be a sidekick for Fusion . . . not really, but there are very big plans for him.

And you have the right basic idea about Fracture, but the situation with him will be a bit more complicated. Much will be explained in Issue #3.

sano91
sano91
Posted at

Ok thanks you for the answers.
I hope the cast of Fusion will become as good as those of Spiderman or Invincible.
You are not going to make Fusion a soap-opera? There are some hints of relationships her and the guy of the first episode.
I also draw comics called The Host but I can't post it on DD because there are in french.

EssayBee
EssayBee
Posted at

. . . You are not going to make Fusion a soap-opera? There are some hints of relationships her and the guy of the first episode.
The emphasis of the story is on Savunn's journey as a hero, so it shouldn't get too soap opera-ish. There won't be any love triangles or stuff like that. However, you will get to see some of her and Shane's relationship–especially since it's one of the things that'll kick off the second major story arc (starting in Issue #5). And one of the segments in Issue #4 will pick up on her date with Shane (and show the inconvenience of being a superhero).

Speaking of Issue #4, I'm doing a bit of restructuring with it. Originally, it was gonna be titled "The Weekends are Just Packed" (a nod to Calvin and Hobbes) and focus on the hectic nature of Savunn's life. That's now changed. The basic structure will remain the same, but I'm shifting the focus. It's now titled "Enter the Villains!" and will serve to introduce a slew of villains (and a number of little subplots). It will also wrap up the "Welcome to My World" story arc (if you wanna call it that) of of the first 4 issues.

sano91
sano91
Posted at

The basic structure will remain the same, but I'm shifting the focus. It's now titled "Enter the Villains!" and will serve to introduce a slew of villains (and a number of little subplots).

New vilains? It's true that Fusion hasn't got a true enemy in the two first issues. With Fracture and a bunch of vilians, Fusion would have a "roues gallery" ala Flash or Spidey.

Do you think of a group like Rogues gallery or the Sinister Six?

EssayBee
EssayBee
Posted at

. . . Fusion would have a "roues gallery" ala Flash or Spidey.

Do you think of a group like Rogues gallery or the Sinister Six?

Once again, you seem to be reading my mind. Issue 4 opens with a short monologue about Rogues Galleries and the lack of Fusion rogues. (And the Rogues are the underlying focus of the issue, although there will be a bit more hero development too.) Because of everything I wanna fit into the issue, it might actually run a bit longer than the first 3 issues (which were 21 pages each–my target page number for an issue).

sano91
sano91
Posted at

I asked the question of the rogues because a Hero is defined by the level of his rogues gallery. I think that's why Spidey, Batman and The Flash are so popular (one of the reason).

After the superheroes you introduced in the second issue, I think the rogues of Fusion wil be charismatic.

I have also created a rogues gallery for my hero, The Host.It's hard to be original.

Which software do you use to ink and color your issues of fusion?

EssayBee
EssayBee
Posted at

I asked the question of the rogues because a Hero is defined by the level of his rogues gallery. . . .

Like I said, you seem to be reading my mind. The opening of Issue 4 is:

FUSION (box):
It's been said that heroes are only as
good as their villains.
All heroes of any significance have their
own Rogues Gallery–a set of foes that is
immediately identified with a specific hero.

That's just initial scripting and is subject to change (and to go beyond that would be give away some spoilers), but your thoughts are very much in sync with the direction of the story.

As far as the programs I use to color . . . I ink my pencils in Photoshop, then import my inked copy into Illustrator to slap on the base colors. Then I go back to Photoshop to add the shadows, highlights, and other effects. Pretty much everything I do is with simple layers with varying opacity (shadows are pure black on a layer set to Darken and 30% opacity, then Gaussian blurred at a level of 3 or 4). I also use Gaussian blurring for most of my light/glow effects. Nothing too complex, but it's quick and easy, and it gets the job done.

takoyama
takoyama
Posted at

i love your smooth lines no jagged edges

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.