Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Disorder is order

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Disorder is order by Elektro is an odd beast ans going by the lack of comments perhaps not the most popular but I think it has something.

It is a piss-take to the core and with that in mind it works. Not all of the strips work but I like what he did and it doesn't go on ad nauseum either. Elektro knew when to quit.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

I guess it was pretty obvious this wasn't one of my favorites. It might have been more tolerable in smaller doses, like maybe with a strip or two thrown in here and there between stories, but posting a big block of it was pretty off-putting.

Anyway, I applaud Elektro for trying something unique, but not so much for the execution. Even if a comic is "abstract," it has to have something of value to offer the audience if you expect them to keep coming back. Maybe if he'd given the triangle a nice big, bouncy rack?

elektro
elektro
Posted at

Ask, and ye shall receive:

Anyway, "Disorder is Order" was never really meant to be taken in all at once like that. It's pretty much a troll comic that would appear stapled to a few bulletin boards at my old college just to screw with people. It was a tough decision deciding whether I would send them to Gene or not, as they all dated back to 2009, but I decided to send them to him anyway.

I'm working on two brand-new Lite Bite stories now that'll off-set each other. Without spoiling anything, one is dark and inspired by punk zines of the 70s and 80s (already completed); the other is light and inspired by the illustrations of children's books (this one's still in progress).

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

The first one of those start on the first of may. I have to admit I really like it.

As for disorder is order… I was tempted to split it, in hindsight I probably should have.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

perhaps I should post that.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

I'd change it to my avatar on all sites I visit if there weren't any potential TOS violations.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

just claim it's the triangles eyes.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.