Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

HA Wiki

Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

Hey all! Glad to see things are getting back together again! To celebrate the new site I've been working on remaking the Wireless forums including a new and improved Wireless Wiki forum as seen HERE and this got me thinking… why don't we have something like that for the Heroes Alliance/Heroes Unite universe? 
Now what I have for the Wireless Wiki is faaaar too small for what I was thinking so here's my proposal to you all. With your permission I'm going to try and make a wiki site (kind of like wookiepedia) completely devoted to articles about the Heroes Alliance Heroes Unite universe using this site HERE. I'd be totally greatful if you guys got involved or even just replied to this post with info you want about certain characters. I know we have the HA handbook in the works but I kind of want this to be something a touch more thourough including world events, locations, villains, technology, etc. It's a pretty big project and would probably take me a while for it to really get started properly but I think it would totally be worth it. So if anyone's on board with this and willing to give it the green light to go let me know…. also if anyone can think of a better name than HUHA.wikia.com let me know… that sounds kind of dry compared to Wookiepedia ;)

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

I think HUniverse is a good term.  Though Heroes Alliance is part of it, Heroes Unite remains the impetus and I always think it should be given priority.  Crossoverlord named the HU/HA reality "Hercules", but I don't think that would work as a title for the wiki, due to the ambiguity (and the likelihood that it's already taken as the name of a wiki on the site).  And I'd definitely get involved.

It makes me think about a wiki that I started some time ago and should get back to and actually put up a real page.  It's a wiki in which I want to catalogue every superhero and the media in which they appear (and every superhero means entries such as not just Superman but Superman of Earth One, Superman of Earth Two, Superman of the Donner/Lester movies, and so on), as well as cataloguing their varied costumes over the years and what powers they held at any given time (ambitious and likely to die horribly should nobody else get involved).  It springs from my incessant desire to make lists.

But an HUniverse wiki would be cool.  It would have quite a few characters to catalogue, not just in the Heroes Unite and Heroes Alliance issues, but also taking into account HU Adventures and the individual comics (especially Shell and Energize, who are so obviously explicitly tied in to the whole thing).  It would be great to get some expansion from the creators as to the names and backstories of some of the characters, such as the real name of Super Pope or an explanation of Hellfire's history (I came too late to read the comic–why can't it be online anymore?).  It would also help as reference material for when people are directing outside artists to drawing the characters–rather than trying to find good pictures for reference from the myriad of comics tied in, one can point the person to the character's wiki page and things can be simpler.

I do wonder, though: will you have creator pages on the wiki?  I just wonder because it might be interesting to know some little extra information about the people who help to build the universe.

Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

I haven't really thought that far really. I was more just thinking of how real LOTRO wiki, Champions wiki and wookiepedia make their respective worlds look. I also figured working on this will discipline myself to get to know the different characters even more… I'm thinking of maybe PQing Nepath on this as from what I can tell he really was one of the people who pretty much founded the universe…. HUniverse at least. Creator pages would be cool… but you'd have to have the the Creator's 110% behind it as some get rather skeptical of posting their biography online… rightfully so too

Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

The site is started =) just a matter of getting articles up. It's not half bad I think for a beginning site. However there are some things that would help me greatly if people posted about their characters. 
If you wish for an article about a character it would help me immensely if you sent or posted on here your:
Hero Name
Creator
Alter Ego
Powers
History
Appearances (I can figure that one out)
Gender (…kinda straight forward)
Image link that you want for their picture
and then comes the more interesting part of Affiliated with the character, whether this affiliation is a person, place, event, company, thing, etc, and a brief description of the affiliation and how they're affiliated
So ya. Hopefully I can get things started for everyone's liking… but as this is a Wiki page you guys can all get involved too =) 

THe link to the site is huniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page so ya. Visit, help out, enjoy =)

AzuJOD
AzuJOD
Posted at

I am all fo a HU/HA wiki! It seems everything has a wiki these days.
Speaking of wikis, did you know Heroes Unite has a TV Tropes page? I encourage anyone to contribute to that page! (but be careful, you could be on that site for hours!)

Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

sawveet! I'm even in there! I see you guys have been updating it frequently

Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

@Shastab: Out of curiousity. When you alter or create articles as "Wikia Contributer" do you actually have to sign up for anything? because it would be cool to say that anyone can update without having to sign up (PS I get e-mailed with every update so as long as we don't have thousands of updates at once I should be able to keep trolls out pretty easily YAY ADMIN POWERS!!!!)

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

i feel like I spend a lot of time telling people this: my username is just shortened to Shasta.  The B24 is separate and the 24 is definitely not because 23 other people signed up as "shastab".

Anyways, I didn't have to log in to create my character pages, so I know you don't have to be registered.  To note, though: I do have a login for Wikia.  I just didn't bother using it because it didn't ask.  I need to remember to log in, though.

Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

I don't know how many people are frequenting this forum as of late but first of all I want to say thanks to everyone who's helped contribute to the HUniverse Wiki so far as it's really starting to come together. Secondly I want to say if you haven't already CHECK YOUR PQ'S!!!! If you have submitted a hero to Heroes Alliance I WILL have sent you a PQ asking for permission to post stuff about your hero as well as asking for info! Thanks again for all the help so far and I can't wait till I can get this thing to be really as detailed as I want it :)

MrHades
MrHades
Posted at

Yo!
I've signed up and added an image of The Darkness. Need to work out how to add pages. Relik needs to go on there…

Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

Ah, I just sent you a PQ saying thanks. Welcome to the site! To add pages I usually just click the "Add Page" function on the top next to "44 pages on this Wiki" and then choose the template with the image. Agreed. Relik needs to go on there!

MrHades
MrHades
Posted at

Mac: How do I add the table that others have below the character, detailing name/powers, etc.?

Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

Essentially you just write stuff out, and then for the title of each section you set it as a header on the format bar up top. Once you set each title as a section the table of contents comes automatically. It took me a while to get it too. If you have any other questions just ask

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Or you just click the edit button on one of the pages with a table and copy the pertinent information, pasting it later into your character's profile.  It's what I do.  I think the table I use originated from a Wikipedia page.  More recent wikis I've tried I've actually gone with a table I like the look of a little better.  I should update to that on my characters' profiles.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

A couple of questions about this:
* Exactly which of the Drunk Duck heroes are considered part of the HUniverse (or are there members whose titles aren't hosted on the Duck?)?  Is it anyone who has, at any point, appeared in "Heroes Alliance", "Heroes Unite" or one of the "Crossover" titles?
* I wouldn't mind doing some work fleshing out the wiki.  What is the deal with clearing comic artwork for reuse in the wiki?  Just contact the artist to see if they're cool with you uploading it?
Thanks.

Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

I was just wondering who you were Irrevenant. Great job on the Wiki! Especially with the table. So far pretty much anyone who brings forth a hero can join though not all have appeared yet. For instance, Wireless' chapter is still approaching but he's still on the site. 
Another thing I've been trying to encourage creators to do is to post information about their heroes or villains that would help flesh out their characters. Giving pages to villains, the material SHELL's armor is made out of, organizations, etc. So essentially I'm attempting to build the biggest collection of knowledge about each and every hero on here.
Sorry if that doesn't make much sense… it's the last 2 weeks of college for me so my brain is admittedly a little bit toast at the moment but feel free to edit as you see fit and ask any questions you want!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.