Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Anybody missing stats?

Posted at

No stats showing on Ginger & Shadow.  Using a Mac, System 10.6.6, Safari Version 5.0.5
Thanks
Barry Corbett

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

EVERYBODY is missing stats.  They plan to activate them sometime down the road, as well as bring over all our old stats.
But also, I sure do miss the stats.  Being able to see that there are people visiting your comic is a good motivator, and it's especially fun to see if your readership is growing.  Hopefully we don't have too much longer to wait.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

I hope they come back eventually, but I've kinda gotten used to not having them. One less thing to obsess over. And now there's less pressure for me to update as frequently to keep my audience because I can't tell how many people are reading anyway! It's great!

I suspect the traffic on this site is pretty dismal right now anyway, so seeing the actual numbers might be a bit depressing.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I suspect that is the real reason they are missing.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I miss all the methods of feedback and dynamics of the site. :P Latest post info, most recent comment notification, and having some indication of new PQs were all nice too. I miss stats as well, especially since we can no longer add our own trackers or even basic counters.

Sigh. I do hope it comes after a while, as we were told, but updates have been really really quiet for a while.  Gives the sense that progress has stopped as it has so many times before. :P  (Okay, gonna try to be positive… I choose to believe that they are just working really EXTRA hard right now so they can fix everything and can't be bothered with giving us updates.)

Scorpious
Scorpious
Posted at

am sorry call me shallow … but without stats you are running blind ,, plus we are all not been paid for doing this … comments are rare most of the time coes come on .. how much people say to you after they stated they like your comic or not?  is not their fault either … so I see the stats as a indicator and motivator and yes paid - for the effort one do - so no stats is like doing well . nothing at all , until they put the stats back and rerouting people to another place where I can see some stats .. yes is nasty but I got no other option - 

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

El Cid wrote:
I hope they come back eventually, but I've kinda gotten used to not having them. One less thing to obsess over. And now there's less pressure for me to update as frequently to keep my audience because I can't tell how many people are reading anyway! It's great!

I suspect the traffic on this site is pretty dismal right now anyway, so seeing the actual numbers might be a bit depressing.

this is pretty much my experience with it, except for when Brave Resistance was featured the other week, that got me really curious to see the difference.

Posted at

Thread title said:
Anybody missing stats?

Posted at

Yeah, I'm missing stats too…
It's nice to have an indicator that shows your comic is growing. With that, it's easier to stay motivated.

Allyndn
Allyndn
Posted at

Scorpious wrote:am sorry call me shallow … but without stats you are running blind ,, plus we are all not been paid for doing this … comments are rare most of the time coes come on .. how much people say to you after they stated they like your comic or not?  is not their fault either … so I see the stats as a indicator and motivator and yes paid - for the effort one do - so no stats is like doing well . nothing at all , until they put the stats back and rerouting people to another place where I can see some stats .. yes is nasty but I got no other option - 

Totally with you. Before the reboot, I'd hit a point where I was getting an average of 80 views a day, with my top day being like 800. That's encouragement. I thought, I'm doing something right! Now, there's no feedback. I've gotten maybe two comments in the last three months. For me, DD is a place to learn my craft, improve my art and storytelling. I need someone to tell me how I'm doing… or at least to be able to tell what days people read. It's hard publishing into the ether.

Posted at

I don't think I have ever topped 100 on the old stat thing. Hmm maybe during the feature thing that happened, but I occasionally used to have a look. For me it's a double edged sword… if I saw in there it had gone beserk and I had like 20 thousand hits, then I fear I might clam up and not be able to produce. Y'know .. like when you stand next to a big chap at the urinal.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.