Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Happy Halloween

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

(yes that is what my husband and I carved)

All I can say about today is I hope there aren't too many trick or treaters so I can keep my candy.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Today must be a kid's ultimate fantasy:  Halloween AND a snow day.  

Have no idea how many trick-or-treaters will be out, given that there is black ice AND leaf piles AND large tree limbs cluttering up the streets.  MANY houses still without power, but we only had a brief blink out, so we were lucky that way.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Snow?  I picked my kids up from school in shorts and t-shirt, oh and a pair of flip flops.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Genejoke wrote:
Snow?  I picked my kids up from school in shorts and t-shirt, oh and a pair of flip flops.
LOL!

don't know that that says much  :P  Our trash collector was wearing shorts today (with the snow on the ground).  Altho he had sox and his sneakies on rather than flip flops.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Happy Halloween! No snow where I am, either. And I missed my friends' Halloween party because I caught a cold. D'oh! However, I had fun zombifying Bombshell for the occasion… that's something I can do even with a cold (and why shouldn't I?) :p

Darwin
Darwin
Posted at

I will add my own Happy Halloween to the lot!  I rather wish it was a weekend rather than a weekday, 'cause then I could go to a party and not worry about tomorrow and work…:(

Got this killer costume I picked up last year that I really want to reuse!  HEE!

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

This was my pumpkin this year:

Nobody knew who it was except for my roommate.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

lots of snow here. please, the rest of you, ake some. i can share! a few flocks of kids ventured into the cold yesterday, but not many. alot of people though still made sure to go out through the down trees and power lines (i kid you not, it's like a friggin war zone out here) and get candy for the kids!
we got a bunch at the firehouse, for the kids too…but we ate most of it. (and it was good!)

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Hawk wrote:

i know who it is!!! wait…it's a zelda guy, right?

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

PIT_FACE wrote:
Hawk wrote:

i know who it is!!! wait…it's a zelda guy, right?
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this was "Zelda". And for some reason I have the dungeon melody from the first NES game stuck in my head now :p

Amelius
Amelius
Posted at

Hey Hawk I know who that is, it's ORKO! Haha, no I kid it's the Black Mage from Final Fantasy. That's pretty awesome! What tool did you use to carve those "pixels" out on the cloak?
I tried making Mega Man this year (with a color-changing led light inside…)  but none of the pictures looked all that grand. :(
Niccea, that's such a cool pumpkin!  Very intricate! I like how the light is coming out in that picture just so to give that eye a creepy glow. :)

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Orko would have been so much cooler…

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

Hey Hawk I know who that is, it's ORKO! Haha, no I kid it's the Black Mage from Final Fantasy. That's pretty awesome! What tool did you use to carve those "pixels" out on the cloak?
I tried making Mega Man this year (with a color-changing led light inside…)  but none of the pictures looked all that grand. :(
Niccea, that's such a cool pumpkin!  Very intricate! I like how the light is coming out in that picture just so to give that eye a creepy glow. :)

Haha!  Orko!  The similarity is just too uncanny to ignore.

I didn't use any special tool for the cloak.  Maybe I should have.  I just peeled away the outer skin of the pumpkin with a small knife, and I had to scape away the inside of the pumpkin to make it thin enough for some light to get through.

I actually tried Mega Man a few years ago.  It was pretty difficult.  Your LED-powered one sounds awesome, though.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I admit that I kinda used a stencil. By kinda I mean I printed out a stencil and then tried to hand draw it on the pumpkin. My husband did all the carving cause I have an unsteady hand.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.