Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Influences

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

A lot of things have influenced BASO as it is a comic that has been gestating for years.
Granted it hasn'r been non stop development but I've been thinking about it and many ideas have carried through.  
Here is a little list that I shall expand exactly haw they inspired it later.
Babylon 5
Frontier elite 2
Red dwarf
star trek (in all its forms)
star wars
firefly

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

BABYLON 5
B5 was an excellent show that fused sci fi and fantasy in a slightly less hokey way than star wars.  It also had a lot of depth, not just the main story but back story the cutlures and relations.  JMS created an incredibly rich setting.  The look has also been an inspiration as I started rewatching  the show as I created BASO, still doing so, just slowly as things like the walking dead have come back on air.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Frontier elite 2

I played the original elite a bit but it was elite 2 that really grabbed me as it was more accessible and I was older.  Meaning I was better able to get a grasp on the game.
Frontier is all about trading, piracy and exploraton.  It's a massive setting and while it isn't as rich as B5 it is hardly lacking in scope.  It was from here that I first got the idea of rival human societies, it's not an original idea but all to often in space operas the enemies are near faceless aliens.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.