Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

MUSIC! New (FREE) EP that is awesome.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Be you Jacob, then?  Happy to give a listen.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Yes I am Jacob and thank you very much, super cool person! 

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

i'm liking the mallory- dissident thing 

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Bocaj wrote:
Yes I am Jacob and thank you very much, super cool person!
oh my - super cool [yoda talk] am i not.  and who's cool that resorts to yoda talk.  mmm?

but anyway - well worth a listen!  You've definitely got something going on, but it's not professional sounding yet, imo.

You didn't ask for feedback so, end now.

you still looking?

OK - well then, it's a little too "scratchy" sounding for my ears.  I like your voice (and that's not an easy commodity to come by), and I like what your lyrics have to say, but your pace is a little too frenetic for me to want to pay close attention.  and the ukel (geez, you're making me spell this word - hold on - google) ukulele is fun, but not always complementary to voice and/or lyrics.

On the upside, I like what you have to say.  I definitely hope you keep at it.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Sorry rokulily the mallory dissident isn't me (but it is GREAT). You must have went to my tumblr where I also put music I like that isn't mine. The bandcamp page has my EP on it and I guess if you're having trouble this is the page to download the album: HERE
If you want more stuff by Mallory though, you can download their two fantastic albums for free on their site: HERE
And ayesinback, thank you very much for your input! I didn't ask for feedback but I always welcome it warmly! I agree it doesn't sound very professional, I actually recorded it with my laptop's built in mic in my kitchen using audacity… While I'm not quite going for a profesional sound I'm sure my recording could benefit from a lot of polishing. I'll keep that in mind about the pace though, I tend to like fast music and I also speed up naturally when playing. I think throwing some slower songs in the mix could also add some more cool contrast.  I'm also beginning to learn guitar so I may experiment with that too, thanks for that input!! I am getting more passionate about my lyrics so again thanks so much. And one final general thank you, it really means a whole lot to me to hear what people think about my stuff.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I think you have the bare bones of some good songs, they sound like they should be on a phone advert or some such.  Considering how you recorded them it sounds good, guess your laptop has a decent mic.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.