Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Is the 'Top Ten' broken?

MrHades
MrHades
Posted at

Hello!
I've been checking out the top ten and I've noticed that 'Cru the Dwarf' hasn't updated since June '11. That's nine months with no new material… but it's still in the top ten?
There are other titles there that I know do update often though…
Man, I miss the stats.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

It's been broken since the site change, I guess it is related to the stats not working.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

In all fairness though, having the thing just not move at all is only a slight change over how it normally worked! I mean, Cru and Persona 3 FTW both were holding strong up there for a loooooong time without updating even before the changeover.

I don't know if it's possible, but since the stats are gone right now, it would make a lot of sense to just get rid of the meaningless Top 10 and put something else up there for the time being.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

they should make a top ten based on likes instead.  can't imagine what the number one comic would be…

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

I couldn't possibly be trying to stack the deck in my favor, could I? ;]

I remember way back when they were discussing the new site, they were considering different ideas for what to put up there, but I can't remember anymore what they were… and I'm too lazy to go back and check!

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

That smiley came out awful.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yeah, we can make a top ten comic based an anything… It'd be really anoying to keep manually checking the vaues every week though and shifiting things up… for the bottm 4 which would be the only ones that'd change

You know, in the end though, any top ten is going to have a few stayers in there that never change and make it a bit dull, no mater how it's adjuested or calculated, even likes, so it prolly works best the way it is.

And you know, I already replaced one of the spots with a community comic, that can hapen with any comic that isn't really as popular anymore as its position sugests and has not actually updated in forever, be that Cru or any of them. They can be replaced by a special project comic or a community project comic to help promote it.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

feel free to replace one with lite bites :D

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Genejoke wrote:
feel free to replace one with lite bites :D
Good idea! That's a popular community comic isn't it? Reccomend one of the least visited and not updated existing top 10 to take down and I'll do it!

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Cru perhaps. it hasn't updated since june and seems to have the least likes.  

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Skoolmunkee did it.
Reward her with fan-art, flowers, and furs!

I did actually that once- gave her fan-art and a big fluffy hat made out of fox fur.
That's "Fox", not "faux"!
I know, I'm horrible. ^_^

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

If I didn't know I deserved it, I'd think skoolmunkee had a thing for me ;-D

Also, I've seen YOU wear big fluffy hats more often than skoolmunkee…. hmmmm…

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Abt_Nihil wrote:
If I didn't know I deserved it, I'd think skoolmunkee had a thing for me ;-D
Also, I've seen YOU wear big fluffy hats more often than skoolmunkee…. hmmmm…
???

Has anyone seen ozoneocean and skoolmunkee in the same room together?  That whole quackcast partnership could be just a trick of audacity . . .

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I have bigger boobs than Skoolmunkee.

Posted at

I'd actually love to see the top 10 replaced with a rotating top 50 or top 100. There are a ton of great comics here that slip just under the radar because they don't make the top 10 or 20. I do think that a top spot feature is valuable. It gives us all something to work toward (for thise of us who like that kind of thing) and spotlights the best and most popular of what this community has to offer, but it should be expanded to take more great comics into account. 

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Jake Richmond wrote:
I do think that a top spot feature is valuable. It gives us all something to work toward (for thise of us who like that kind of thing) and spotlights the best and most popular of what this community has to offer, but it should be expanded to take more great comics into account.
True, but unfortunately, no one here CAN work toward anything anymore. There are no stats or pageviews. Even the "Browse" is arranged alphabetically now, not by hits or anything useful. :PThe top ten is not a working top ten. It is frozen on the top ten of a long time ago (hence the issue).
I do hope it gets fixed someday, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Posted at

Shouldn't the new DD Awards be on the top ten while it's in progress. Unless the comic isn't created yet. It should be though so the trophies can be posted on there as they are made and it would give more exposure to the trophy contest itself.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.