Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

24 hour comics??

Posted at

24-Hour Comics Day is almost here! It's next Saturday, the 20th - if you don't know about it, the point of this day is to get 24 comic pages done in 24 consecutive hours! Sounds like quite a feat- I've never been able to manage it, but plenty have! I'm thinking about giving it another go this year…. (but maybe I'll cheat and break it up a little over the weekend?)

Anybody doing anything? Anybody want to get together online? Maybe someone wants to set up a Hangout? Are there any volunteers to put together the DD 24H 2012 account (where people's 24hour comics are collected)?

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Meh. I got class this time around. That tinychat we did last year was fun though. It had its own version of paint where you can do a group drawing…it got a little crazy…

Posted at

Well, if you really wanna do it you don't have to do it on the designated day :] Though it is easier with other people doing it too. Maybe there is a Plan B Day?

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

It kinda spoils it not to do it with others. :P Gotta blame my Wednesday to Sunday work schedule. Kills all chances to go to conventions, festivals, and these kinds of events.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I do my own version of this every weekend.  I did ten pages at work in 22 hours (with frequent breaks).  I know there's no way I could sit still long enough to do 24 pages in 24 hours.

Posted at

I've got my watercolours some paper and a pencil! Bring on 24 hour comic book day!

Also I'll be willing to run the collected comic this time around unless someone who is more liked wants to step-up!

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Shit yeah I actually wanna succeed on one sometime.
Only minimal cheating will happen (Comic about existing characters I've drawn, which ain't allowed) but I haven't wrote down the story that I plan to do, so it counts.

Posted at

I'm definitely doing it this year! I have a story idea I think is pretty cute and shouldn't be too difficult to draw 24 pages of, I hope. Staying up two days straight is the hard part, so I might cheat and plan in a nap or two. :] 

Call Me Tom, no one's made a DD24Hour_2012 account yet so you can go for it if you like! http://www.drunkduck.com/DD24hour_2011/ that's the previous years, in case you want to use the same graphics or rules or anything :]

Posted at

Oh, hi. If it's ok, I'd like to take the mantle again of collecting those comics. Mostly for the sake of keeping all the collections in the same place.

Edit:
I lie. Now that I think about it some more, it's more about me having a personal attachment to the project, since I first started it.

In essence, I've become this guy:

Posted at

You can take it Product! But only if you sing Gilbert and sullivan!

Posted at

I am the very model of a moderating Drunk Ducker
I argue about many things both serious, rhetorical
I know the admins Skool and Oz, and I can be quite the lurker
From WTH to Forum Games, in order categorical

I'm very well acquainted, too, with many wiki articles
claim I understand equations, both simple and quadratical
I'll jump the chance to tell you about the newest fission particles
With many boring facts about the square of the hypotenuse

With many, many boring facts about the square of the hypotepotenuse

I'll pretend I'm good at integral and differential calculus
and know the scientific names of beings animalculous
I'll then look up the gist of it and theories I will butcher

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Product Placement wrote:

I argue about many things both serious, rhetorical
I know the admins Skool and Oz, and I can be quite the lurker
From WTH to Forum Games, in order categorical

I'm very well acquainted, too, with many wiki articles
claim I understand equations, both simple and quadratical
I'll jump the chance to tell you about the newest fission particles

With many, many boring facts about the square of the hypotepotenuse

I'll pretend I'm good at integral and differential calculus
and know the scientific names of beings animalculous
I'll then look up the gist of it and theories I will butcher

Wot?
Woot.

Woot wootie WOOT HOOT WOOT WOOT :)

Posted at

Okay Product you can have the job.

Posted at

All right,y then. The comic is up.

Naturally, there's nothing there, right now but that will change as soon as people start sending me something. I guess we better start advertizing this thing.

Btw, I posted a question in the help section, regarding chapter heads. It would be awesome if someone that knows how to use it can look through it and answer it. http://www.drunkduck.com/forum/topic/175361/

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Good luck everyone! I am getting educated today. Can't do anything this year. I will be back with a vengence next year. Either that or I will do mine much later when I have more time.

Posted at

All right. I just got a PQ from someone about his comic and I'm waiting for him to email it.

Rokulily and me worked on a 24 hour comic as well, but we had to stop because of a personal emergency. We're probably gonna finish it later and put it up.

If anyone else wants to put his comic in the 24 hour collection, just send me a PQ and I'll get in touch with you. You can either upload the comic yourself and tell me where I can access it or ask for my email that you can send it to.

Call me tom. If you want, I can put up your comic as is, or wait until you finish it and put up a finished product.

Finally, the last two times we did this, the collection was featured, so it's a great way to advertize your work and get new readers. I'm hoping to hear from allot more people.

Posted at

I got mine about half-done over the weekend (about what I figured) but I'm gonna try hard to finish it before the weekend, I'll send it your way when it's done. :]

SLK8ne
SLK8ne
Posted at

I got two pages finished and two pages thumbnailed and the rest written in my head, but, that's as far as I got.

Posted at

Product just take my atempt as it is if you want I'm not goung to have time to finnish it.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.