Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

THE RAPTOR - Special Preview

oneGemini
oneGemini
Posted at

Hi all - I thought I'd post here again because I used to have stuff up on The Duck, then left a few years back when I started getting semi-steady freelance comic work.

Quick intro: I'm Blair Shedd. I'm a freelance comic book artist and general illustrator, and some of my past comic book illustration credits include THE GUILD for Dark Horse Comics, DOCTOR WHO for IDW Publishing, ZOMBIE BOMB: DARK DAZE for Terminal Press, AFTERBURN for Red 5 Comics, and DOROTHY OF OZ: PREQUEL for IDW Publishing.

Well, I'm back now, because I've got an upcoming creator-owned comic called THE RAPTOR, and I'm showing a bunch of it off here on The Duck as an extended special preview.

The book was fully-funded via Kickstarter, and is due out before the end of the year.

You can jump right to the comic here.

"A missing video camera, the Russian Mob, and the masked vigilante known as The Raptor come into play in THE RAPTOR.

Journalism student Kathy Walsh and her boyfriend Paul Clemens have been found dead, their video camera missing.  Realizing their own personal connection to the victims, detectives Jason Hawking and Willow Barnes of the NYPD Special Crimes Squad take the case.

As the detectives get deeper into their investigation, they discover that not only might their suspects be part of the Russian Mob, but that The Raptor may have a private stake in the case as well."

For those wondering, the level of violence is on part with a PG-13 action movie, and the language level is no more than anything you'd hear on a network cop drama.

The final book will also contain pinup artwork from Philip Hester (BATMAN, GREEN ARROW, FIREBREATHER, and tons more), Andre Szymanowicz (HELL YEAH, SUSHI NACHOS, ELEPHANTMEN and more), Erik Burnham (GHOSTBUSTERS, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, NICK LANDIME, and more), and Robert Hack (DOCTOR WHO CLASSICS, KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER).

I also have a gallery of pinup/fan art from some indie creators, and may post that after the preview.

So, a few times a week for the next few weeks, I'll post a page or two from the preview of THE RAPTOR #1, leading up to the release of the comic - which will be for sale in digital and print formats.

So there ya go. Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for looking.

~Blair Shedd

oneGemini
oneGemini
Posted at

Howdy, folks. My first monthly bump to this thread. Might be my last, as I'm winding down to the end of THE RAPTOR Special Preview.

I'm also nearing the end of production on THE RAPTOR #1, and am halfway into #2 as well. The series has been extended out to a 4-issue mini, with exact publishing plans to be announced in the coming month.

Once again, THE RAPTOR is a great book for those who like a little super-vigilante action with their crime drama, or vice versa. A fun book, with some great support behind it.

Hope you enjoy the preview as we near the end!

Thanks for reading and liking!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.