Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

VILLAIN: Shard/Nth

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

There is a substance that gives you super powers (well, if it doesn't kill you).  Let's call it 'shard' - it does kind of look like chunks of ground glass.

No one's really sure of where it comes from or how it does what it does. Or why some people are apparently being covertly dosed with it as well as it being sold on the streets. Or why shard users often start acting strange and sometimes even suddenly disappear.

In truth, shard is actually fragments of an extra-dimensional sentient universe. Universe names are rarely pronounceable by the human tongue, so we'll call it 'Nth' .  Nth feels a bit cramped, frankly - and our universe looks like a lovely spacious place to expand to.

Nth found a crack between universes [Perhaps caused by use of the Black Dawn?]. Just big enough to slip a little of itself through in the form of shard.

Nth can grant a small portion of its power to people who ingest shard. It can also seize control of them and use them as its fingers in our realm.

That's about all it can manage. But if someone were to open the door from our side? Ah, then Nth could physically manifest at least a significant fraction of itself.  Perhaps only Energize would have had the power to directly oppose him then.  Such a shame Energize is dead.

And once Nth is manifest here, it will be mere child's play for it to tear open the doorway and expand into our universe fully, supplanting it.

I suggest Nth as an overall arc villain for Season 2 Heroes Alliance.  As an apocalyptic-level threat, Nth is a worthy season villain. But, because it starts off comparatively weak, operating through an increasingly powerful and sizable army of proxy agents, it provides an escalating threat over the season.

At first HA probably wouldn't even recognise the connection between the villains they were facing. 

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

On that note. Nth sound perfect and I want to use him as the first intro or the first hint of shard entering the HA universe. During Solarcell's and Darkbeauty transfer, Nth will hijack both of my characters while in transverse.

Seeing that every one is talking about the second series, let's make him the real cause behind the invasion.

Why use Shard? It perfect for making people do things and react to the shard. Now there is a perfect twist I added in my story. The hero from my universe opened the gate to the HA universe. He does not know that he is using Nth's Shards as a forgetful state to hinder a person memory when they pass through the gate. What is actually happening is that the gate he opens is a doorway to the Nth universe via transverse to the target universe. Think of night crawler from xmen. When he teleports he enter another dimension that is moving very very slow time wise. In fact night crawler is moving so fast that the hostile creatures there never noticed he passes through. The only reason they,(xmen), knows this is because of Forge from Xmen. Anyway, my hero kind of does that without realizing what is happening Every time he opens a doorway. He thinks the Shard is a light greenish matter with no known elemental value. In other words, it's not on the periodic table.

Here me out for this use.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.