Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

HERO(ish): War

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

I'd like to submit a newly created character. I haven't touched on him anywhere else and would (if possible) like him to be a part of Heroes Alliance. He's totally new, and as it stands, created just for this.
He goes by the name of "War" and is very gladiator-esque. I've not finalised everything yet, but he acts like a greek god of war and searches for violence. He's pretty strong and has a keen tactical mind in terms of fights. With a name like War, he may join this team for the sole reason that there are battles to be fought. He see's things his way and his way only and will be the one team-member who will be the first to second-guess anything he doesn't like.
He's arrogant, some team-members may not like him but he's also a valuable ally. He's not one to back down from a fight. Think of him as possibly the "wild-card" on the team. He's the "killer" of the team.
Hopefully you guys will use him, I'd love to write him and see him in some raging battles.

Posted at

Yeah, I can see that there's going to be a bit of friction with the group if War is only driven by glory and bloodlust.
Which raises the question, does HA have any sort of in-universe guidelines for how things are run? I mean, so far, the only deliberate "killing" we've seen would have to be to rip Thrawn's heart out and toss it into orbit around Saturn, but nothing that has required any real cold blood as of yet.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

The "War" character sounds intriguing to me. And I do like to have controversies in the team, it emphasizes the different personalities. As you describe him, he reminds me a bit of Ares, who used to be a member of the Avengers at some point, and then of Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers. I do think Seb has a point, but I guess it would only be really hard to swallow for a die-hard pacifist – do we have some on the team? I think they all at least believe in the necessity to punch people sometimes =D

As for Seb's comment - no official guidelines. It's pretty much open to the individual members to make that decision. I don't think there's anyone on the team who really condones killing though - so any blatantly unnecessary killing should create a conflict. Also, I'm not sure anyone involved really thought of ripping Thrawn's heart out as killing him. If so, then Thrawn has already been dead time and time again :P

Posted at

Like I said. Ripping Thrawn's heart out, as in, sending an endlessly resurrecting monster back to slumber, is not an act of cold blood and thus is not really anti-hero business.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Well in terms of War he won't always kill. Sure, he's narrow-minded and wants to fight this war, but I assume if he thought someone's battle plan was a good one, he may listen to it. Of course, if not–he will either go do it anyway or be violent. This friction on the team may be needed. I assume Bombshell will understand he does't work well with others, but wants him on the team.
Hopefully you like this character, I think he'll make a good impression on the group and will end up being one of the stronger "voices" of the team, for good or bad.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Whipped up how I see War would look like. This is him dressed for full battle, so I doubt he would wear this alot of the time. I imagine him, in most cases/issues, to not have the shoulder-armour on (I'll draw a ref of that too if needs be).

If you need a bio let me know.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

abt: Sure, I'll get to work on it. I'm just finalising and planning out ideas for his introductory issue - I'll send you a PQ of the story when I have it planned.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

This character is bad ass. Still wondering if he will be added to the team. He would be interesting.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

Will war be part of the new raster?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.